See below for some projects and detours that could delay your travel during the coming week near the Kansas University campus in Lawrence, or to or from the Kansas City metro area, according to government and agency officials:
• Ongoing construction of The Oread — a mixed-use and hotel project — continues to limit traffic north of the Kansas University campus, and the limitations are expected to last into spring.
Among them: 12th Street, closed to westbound traffic from west of Louisiana Street to Indiana Street; Indiana, closed to traffic from 12th to a half block south; Oread Avenue, restricted to local traffic only from 12th to 13th streets.
• Repair work in Wyandotte County has closed the right lane for traffic headed east on I-70, from Interstate 435 to 78th Street.
The closure is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily though Friday.
• Bridge replacement work in Wyandotte County has closed the Seventh Street Trafficway ramp for eastbound traffic on Interstate 70.
The work is expected to last through the end of December.
• Pavement repairs in Johnson County are scheduled to close the right and center lanes for traffic headed north on I-35 at Santa Fe Drive.
Work is set for 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday.
• Bridge work is scheduled to close all lanes of traffic overnight on I-35, from U.S. Highway 169 to U.S. Highway 56 in Gardner.
The closure is scheduled to begin at 10 p.m. Monday and continue through 5 a.m. Tuesday — an overnight closing schedule set to continue through the week
The final day for the overnight construction is scheduled for 10 p.m. Friday through 8 a.m. Saturday.
• Construction in Johnson County of an I-35 interchange at Lone Elm Road has squeezed traffic on the interstate into two narrower lanes in each direction.
• Utility work has reduced traffic to two lanes going north and south between Wolcott and Donahoo roads in Wyandotte County.
The work is scheduled to be finished Dec. 15.
• Reconstruction work will close the ramp and associated collector and distributor lanes for traffic heading east to north at the interchange of I-435 and U.S. Highway 69 in Johnson County.
The closing is expected to last until the middle of December.
Kansas Highway 7
• Construction of a new interchange in Wyandotte County for Kansas Highway 7 at U.S. Highways 24-40 has closed all ramps at the interchange, and has limited traffic heading north and south to one lane in each direction along K-7, from 130th Street to Parallel Parkway.
Traffic heading east and west also has been squeezed to one lane in each direction along U.S. 24-40, from 130th to 142nd streets.