Archive for Monday, April 7, 2008

Account of tavern shooting given

April 7, 2008

Man shot in Lawrence bar

A 28-year-old Lawrence man was shot early Saturday inside an east Lawrence bar. Enlarge video

Anthony Jackson, 22, said he shot another man at Cross Town Tavern early Saturday morning in self defense.

"I'm just glad I'm here right now," Jackson said.

An investigation is under way, police spokesman Sgt. Paul Fellers said Saturday night. Police had made no arrests as of Sunday night.

The shooting occurred about 1:30 a.m. Saturday at the tavern at the intersection of 19th Street and Haskell Avenue. Following the shooting, the victim, Latouche D. Shaw, 28, of Lawrence went by private vehicle to Lawrence Memorial Hospital and was then flown by air ambulance to a Kansas City hospital. His condition was unavailable Sunday.

Jackson said he did not know Shaw, but he detailed what he said were the circumstances leading up to the shooting.

In late February, Lawrence police arrested a 27-year-old Lawrence resident on charges stemming from an aggravated assault and unlawful discharge of a firearm. The arrest followed a Jan. 24 incident in the 400 block of Illinois Street. Jackson tied the trouble at Cross Town Tavern on Saturday to this January incident.

Jackson said he plans to testify in court about the Jan. 24 incident and has been concerned about his safety because others do not want him to testify.

He said he'd been lying low recently but his girlfriend's birthday spurred him to go to Cross Town Tavern on Saturday. He said at the establishment, he was approached by others regarding whether he would testify in the earlier incident.

"I stood my ground, and I said no, I'm going to do what I have to do," Jackson said. "They didn't like that too well."

Jackson said he was trying to make an exit when he had an altercation with Shaw.

"I turned away for just a split second and when I turned back toward him, he hit me," Jackson said.

He said he then was struck with what felt like a beer bottle. "I looked up and realized he was getting his gun out of his pocket," he said. "When I saw that I instantly put my arm up and starting pushing him back."

Jackson said he was armed because he had been concerned about his safety and his family's safety. Jackson said when he saw the man reaching for his gun, he shot him.

"I knew if he would have gotten that out, I would be dead right now," he said.

Comments

TootieonSkates 5 years, 4 months ago

LOL I think the detects should pick all of these commenters up who know so much and hold them all for questioning and see what they think of blogging the untruth then. LaTouche my brotha, my love to you and glad to see you are back!

Buggie7 5 years, 11 months ago

this is a public forum and they can state what they would like to. If your "boys" get into trouble there is a reason and dont need to be around children in the first place. If you dont like what you read go elsewhere.

truthbtold 5 years, 11 months ago

OK, I thought i would put a comment cause i have lived here for 30 years and know all these boys. First off- Who cares what all these CHICKEN HEAD females have to say about these men! If you have to come on here just to justify these guys, that is saying they have something to hide. Second off- Truth be told, the one's i know would not like all thier business on LJW comments! Do you girls know they can bring all this stuff your writing into court. And they can figure out who you are, like i have, just by hacking your log-in-name on here. You think that these boys would have (by NOW) told you to keep your mouth SHUT! All your doing is making it easier for the cops to do a closed case on all of them. Also angelli007, You run your mouth way to much, I'll do him a favor and tell you myself "SHUT UP". I'm not on anybodies side but speaking as a female, females are what put these guys in jail cause you feel you have to gossip and hackle like a school girl and tell everyone's business. Looking on the outside in behalf of Day Day, he does not have body guards- he has people who care about him and don't want to see him in trouble. He's not thinking about these men he's thinking about not getting in trouble so he can see his daughter! Which the others need to do as well! (to you boys if you read this, check your girls before they get you put jail, them puttin your business out ain't going to help)

iplaysupernintendo 6 years ago

wait,that kid's name is "Latouche?" As in, 'TOUCHE?'Bizarre.

Tom Miller 6 years ago

...hmmm, interesting, meaningful, informed and informative, and quite intellectual dialogue...gawd. Still as cynical as I am, I see, Marion. Nice to see a few "constants" in this tired, repetitive old world.

workin2hard 6 years ago

notsofast because that is the way marshall is. talks alot of crap and then can't back it up. and what does any of this have to do with this case?

notsofast 6 years ago

angellic007, is that anyway for a mother to talkyou should not sent private messages confessing tobe anothony 's motherwhy did anthony's uncle,marshal jackson, need a restraning order against you and your son

workin2hard 6 years ago

angellic007 there is none on anthony. Its his uncles and grandmother he is refering to. And they have nothing to do with this.

angellic007 6 years ago

notsofast- please send me the link about anthony jackson...i could really use it and if you're just lying, please shut the f*ck up! I have looked and looked and have not found ANYTHING on anthony jackson besides minor traffic tickets.

Bossa_Nova 6 years ago

That's it! I can't take it anymore! I'm moving to Topeka where it's safe!

workin2hard 6 years ago

notsofast what does that have to do with anything?

notsofast 6 years ago

you should look up the jacksons records toothey are not as clean as you think

Marion Lynn 6 years ago

angellic007 (Anonymous) says: Oh yeah by looking at the link posted. how could someone be a felon with a gun and get probation? that sounds more like a SNITCH move to me."Marion writes:Naw, just laziness on the part of elected officials.They have no real interest in the law; only retaining office.

Multidisciplinary 6 years ago

thanks for the link, such fun to look up everyone.

angellic007 6 years ago

angellic007 6 years ago

WOW I got bored with all the lame comments. Just thought I'd check things out on the comments today. Finally there is someone else who is speaking up. And whoever put the link up i wish i knew how to do that.

ticker47 6 years ago

lawrenceliving.....you said "I got my information from Latouche himself...so how do you know better than the person it happened to?" I'll tell you how. Because I WAS THERE AND SAW IT HAPPEN.!!!!!!!! And I also know the person it happened to.....Anthony! So if you can turn back time and be at the place when it happened then you don't really know. I DO!!

ksdivakat 6 years ago

ROTFLMAO!!!! You people are hilarious!! First of all, cross town tavern has a name, its had a name and it will always have a name for being the gun and knife club.....you enter at your own risk, secondly, the guy walks in the bar with a gun, and you people expect the rest of us to believe that this was a good thing???? Wake up.....secondly the guy doesnt even shoot who he thinks is gunning for him right?? But now feels bad that the guy was shot 3 times and once in the back????? Oh and by the way, all of those who logged on here and gave accounts of that night.....you can believe you just hurt your compadreas case more than you know, by shoooting off your mouths....you will never convince the good people of lawrence that these thugs were victims of circumstance OR even of the police.....isnt it funny how when things dont go a criminals way, its always the cops fault.....hummmm, cant wait to see how this plays out in court, sounds to me like there is 3 sides to this story, his, hers and the truth!

ticker47 6 years ago

well you're a little smarter than I thought. You did catch my misspelled word, "entertain" however you missed two other misspelled words. But that's little sh*t anyways so you are waisting your time. I'm sure that you need me to help re-educate you, from what you said. First off how do you know that Tush doesn't carry a strap. Just because you don't see the strap, doesn't mean that he doesn't have one. Use common sense please this is an adult situation. Secondly, you are totally nieve to Dae Dae's situation as well. If garrett wasn't sending people to do his work, then why has he been sending his home boys up to jackson to try to intimidate him into not testifying.. Two people one day, then someone else that night. After they, jackson, his girl and his uncle, entered the cctavern, five minutes later, here come garrett himself. What a coincidence! Then garrett up to jackson, than garrett up to tush, then tush up to jackson. Tush was trying to talk to jackson's girl, but she said that she's fine and she didn't want to talk to him because of everything that garrett started, she doesn't know who she's cool with. Anthony said, "What goin on?" and then Tush blew up for no reason...making a reason out nothing to try to jump jackson to make him look like a bch. Sorry, but it didn't work. Like I said, when jackson was about to knuckle up, Tush bched out and pulled out his piece. And just because you're shaw's friend or whatever, my resources are resources that are so very reliable, you will here the same thing in court when it's time for the court date. My resources are from downtown from feds, police officers, da's office,FBI, ATF (ETC), not to mention the video camera that "supposedly wasn't working" that night in the bar. Think about it. Tush will tell you something like that because he doesn't want to be embarrassed or want you to know the truth. You must either be one of his best friend, the mother of his child, or someone randomly off the street and that's why he's not letting you know the truth. Feels awful, being on the outside looking in hu?

lawrenceliving 6 years ago

ticker47 (Anonymous) says: I believe that anthony should be hired as the president's body guard since he obviously is prepared for it, through all this crap that garrett is putting him through, and the police obviously not doing their job, and garrett and shaw should go to a cell..possibly being cellmates. I guess we could give them that. At least garrett will feel safe. and I guess shaw would be scared seeing that since garrett can't do nothing for hiself, so obviously he wouldn't stand up for shaw when it came down to it. and I think that you, lawrenceliving, should make more friends to intertain you while they are both locked up. Garrett for three aggr. assults, attempted robbery, tampering with a witness, threatening a witness as well as having a firearm while being a felon and violating his probation for even being at the cross town tavern the night of april the 5th of 2008. Shaw should get attempted murder, and domestic violence and felon with a gun. I think someone close to him would agree with me on his consequence, seeing that shaw had just gotten into trouble with someone over pulling a gun on them. Being re-educated is what you needed, that's all. so whenever you feel the need to be re-educated again, or have any other questions, I can find out the truth for you other than this little kiddie crap your finding out on the streets. I will be more than happy to help you out. Until you want to find out the truth:..I doubt you could educate me on anything. In you first paragraph, you couldn't even spell the word "entertain" correctly. And no one really knows exactly what happened other than Tush and Anthony. I am just posting what Tush has said happened.

lawrenceliving 6 years ago

ticker47 (Anonymous) says: lawrenceliving- you obviously don't have any clue what you are talking about. First off, if the police were doing there job, then obviously, from the first threat from garrett, then garrett would be locked up right now with his first charge for felon with a gun, after he has already been convicted of felon with a gun and on probation for it right now. Then obviously, garrett knows he's getting locked up and that's why he has to have his friends, like shaw, handle his heavy work for him(garrett). ....................I got my information from Latouche himself..so how do you know better than the person it happened to????? So I do have a clue what I am talking about. Get your facts straight...And as I stated before, Latouche's issue with Anthony that night have nothing to do with Dae Dae. Tush doesn't even hang out with Dae Dae. They aren't even friends. So Latouche wasn't acting as Dae Dae's "bodygaurd"! Do you really think that people are just lining up to help Dae Dae? Latouche's fight was a seperate issue than the Dae Dae issue.And you also said Latouche had recently pulled a gun on someone before the night in question, which is also a LIE! Where did this story originate from???? Obviously from someone with nothing better to do. Latouche never carries a gun. I see him almost daily and have never seen him strapped. Latouche shouldn't have been fighting and putting himself in situations where he could hurt someone or get hurt himself. I think he has probably learned from his mistakes, but don't try to sugarcoat the fact that Anthony tried to take someone's life over a fist fight.

ticker47 6 years ago

I believe that anthony should be hired as the president's body guard since he obviously is prepared for it, through all this crap that garrett is putting him through, and the police obviously not doing their job, and garrett and shaw should go to a cell..possibly being cellmates. I guess we could give them that. At least garrett will feel safe. and I guess shaw would be scared seeing that since garrett can't do nothing for hiself, so obviously he wouldn't stand up for shaw when it came down to it. and I think that you, lawrenceliving, should make more friends to intertain you while they are both locked up. Garrett for three aggr. assults, attempted robbery, tampering with a witness, threatening a witness as well as having a firearm while being a felon and violating his probation for even being at the cross town tavern the night of april the 5th of 2008. Shaw should get attempted murder, and domestic violence and felon with a gun. I think someone close to him would agree with me on his consequence, seeing that shaw had just gotten into trouble with someone over pulling a gun on them. Being re-educated is what you needed, that's all. so whenever you feel the need to be re-educated again, or have any other questions, I can find out the truth for you other than this little kiddie crap your finding out on the streets. I will be more than happy to help you out. Until you want to find out the truth.....

ticker47 6 years ago

lawrenceliving- you obviously don't have any clue what you are talking about. First off, if the police were doing there job, then obviously, from the first threat from garrett, then garrett would be locked up right now with his first charge for felon with a gun, after he has already been convicted of felon with a gun and on probation for it right now. Then obviously, garrett knows he's getting locked up and that's why he has to have his friends, like shaw, handle his heavy work for him(garrett). Were you anywhere within hearing distance when shaw walked over to anthony and his lady? How do you know that the altercation started with some "sweet talk". To me, shaw couldn't even swoon a cow if he wanted to. Did you know that garrett walked up to anthony to ask him if he was going to testify about what originally happened on the illinois block seconds before he walked up to shaw? And shaw so happened to walk straight up to anthony and his girl? It's funny how anthony got "whooped" so you say, when shaw was the one that ended up getting shot. Ya anthony got hit twice. Once by shaw and one other time by some da thug with a beer bottle. Anthony was about to knuckle up, but aparently shaw couldn't handle to man up so shaw "b***hed up and pulled out his gun. On top of that Anthony, his girl, and shaw were the only three by the door when the shots whet off as everyone else was clear to the wall and the bar yet everyone WANTS to think that shaw didn't have a gun. Not only did shaw pull first, but he also handed off his gun to a white boy running out of the club at the same time shaw ran out to the parking lot, met at a car and handed his gun off to the white boy before they drove off. And oh, oh, oh, poor shaw...Barely hanging in there waiting for someone to take him to the hospital after he ran about 12 ft at full force to get rid of evidence. I do agree with you,however, on your point of how he should've and should be given a gun powder residue test so people like you will learn your lesson about being so nieve. I also agree with you when you say, " Isn't there laws about felons with guns?" because both shaw and garrett are felons, so I feel for your buddies in this case. anthony has never received a felony, through my RESPONSIBLE sources.

lawrenceliving 6 years ago

All this talk about Tush having a gun as well is crap. I hope the police checked his hands for gun powder residue. That would solve that arguement. I'm sure Tush has learned his lesson about going out drinking and putting himself in situations that may cause him to be harmed. I still believe that Anthony should be held accountable for his actions. And isn't he a felon?? Isn't there laws about felons with guns?

workin2hard 6 years ago

If shaw did have a gun he would be real stupid to admit it. People sometime do some really dumb things as we all can see. And depending on the situtation is capable of anything.

lawrenceliving 6 years ago

First of all, the VICTIM is Latouche. He was shot three times and one of those shots was fired into his hip from the back as he ran away. Shooting someone as they run away doesn't sound much like self defense to me. Latouche didn't even hang out with Dae Dae or Anthony and had nothing to do with the beef between the two of them. Latouche knew Anthony's girlfriend because they used to work together. Anthony got mad because Latouche was talking to his "girl". The fight escalated from there. Yes, Latouche fought him and even whooped him. That is what went down. A fist fight doesn't constitute shooting someone. Why was he running around with a gun in the first place? And if he feared for his life so much, why was he out at Crosstown ? If Anthony's reasons are valid, that means anyone who feels threatened can carry a gun around and start shooting people. And Latouche DID NOT have a gun. He doesn't even own a gun and has never carried one. So, for all the people that are saying that Latouche shot back.........QUIT LYING!! If he has a problem he will fight you but not try to shoot or kill you. Anthony should be charged with attempted murder!!!!!

workin2hard 6 years ago

Angellic007 those posting do not know Anthony or damion personally. They can only post about what they have read in the paper. Which will never tell the whole story. I think its sad that it has gone this far for both of them. I wish both the best of luck.

THX1138 6 years ago

Ahhh, my old stomping grounds. Many a carefree day were spent riding my bike to the EZ Shop for a box of Nerds. Of course in those days the wildest thing that went on at that strip mall is when Ellis Coin Shop got a new shipment of Susan B. Anthony dollars.

Tony Gaines 6 years ago

Anonymous userangellic007 (Anonymous) says:TORCIA here's the idiocrocy (spelled correctly) to your idiotic commentDo you mean?IdiocracyId`ioc"racy, n.; pl. Idiocrasies. [Idio- + Gr. ? a mixture, fr. ? to mix: cf. F. idiocrasie.] Peculiarity of constitution; that temperament, or state of constitution, which is peculiar to a person; idiosyncrasy.Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary, © 1996, 1998 MICRA, Inc.LMAO!!!!!!!!!

angellic007 6 years ago

FIrst of all anthony is NOT afraid of DAYDAY. Day Day is scared of him after getting his butt whooped by anthony after damien hit him with brass knuckles. If someone has to use brass knuckles to hit someone then evidently they know they can't hit that hard. Garrett is a punk and has to have his gang member/bodyguards to back him up over anthony. ONE person that stands up for himself and doesn't need to involve other people. SECOND if anthony was going to shot anyone that he thought was damien's bodyguards he would have shot about 30 people already. so just because he "rides around" with protect that doesn't mean he's going to just shoot up everybody. DUH?Just because he doesn't go to the bar much doesn't mean that he doesn't have friends that go there. as far as him having "Help" during the altercation on friday. Did I say friends helped him. NO. I said people were trying to break up the altercation. These people could have been people that worked there. Maybe Maybe not :) and as far as him "wanting" to hurt somebody. NO!!! It was self defense!!!!!!! OH and yes anthony does have concern, by the way, if the other guy is ok!!! But I bet that if the guy had followed through with his intent to shot anthony he wouldn't give a dam about his welfareWorking2hard. Finally someone else that can see the bigger picture and to comment about both Damien and Anthony's characters other than me. THANK YOU!!!!!!

workin2hard 6 years ago

i know both anthony and damion. does not have "bodyguards" but he does have nosey friends. and he trips on very stupid things when he is drunk. problem is he has done to many stupid things that he regrets later. anthony's grandmother lives next door to damion. the garrets and the jacksons are not the best of neighbors. this is out of anthony's character to carry. however it saved his life this time. this may be a wakeup call for him to get it together.

twocute 6 years ago

that's right mr jackson had friends there that was helping him during the fight, i thought mr jackson did not usually go to this club. so he shot five times so he wanted to hurt somebody. if mr jackson is so afraid of this garrett person why did he go to the club where he knew mr garrett and his bodyguard sometimes go??? if he has to ride around town with a gun in his car then is he going to just shot anyone that he think works for this man? so stay home

angellic007 6 years ago

CASS I'm sorry you know the guy that got shot too. He attacked mr jackson with the intent to intimidate and harm him. He DID have a gun. and he was not running away when he got shot. other people were helping mr. jackson. and were trying to get the guy off of him. and NO it was not over mr jackson's girlfriend but that's what the sorry SOB tries to say because when he tried to start the altercation with his girlfriend Mr. jackson ignored him. (Another thing about that is that the only way that mr shaw knew that the girl with Mr. jackson was his girlfriend is if someone told him because mr. jackson does not know him.) Hence, that's why he turned away to avoid the situation and was sucker punched by Shaw and mysteriously got hit with a beer bottle at the same time. AND AS FAR AS THE SNITCH card one again mr. jackson ia a VICTIM and is being continually threatened because Mr Day Day Garrett doesn't want to do the time for his crime. I don't feel a bit sorry for mr shaw he started it and mr jackson was defending himself. One more thing, if Mr shaw didn't have a gun than how did people behind mr jackson get bullets flying past them. If mr jackson can shoot two ways at once he's a bad mamma jamma. also mr. jackson fired off 5 shots. there were more than 5 shells found at the scene. GO FIGURE!!!!Also good for Cross Town for being involved in the community. Thanks for putting props in for them. How long did it take for you to think up that one?

1wetwilly 6 years ago

The customers of the Cross Town Tavern are upstanding citizens. They are all graduates of CTVT- Cross Town Vocation Training, and are fully employed at good jobs. Most customers work a second job or even third job just so they can give the extra money to the Cross Town Kids Charity. Every Sunday after attending the Cross Town Evangelical Power Hour they gather for the weekly Cross Town Family Picnic. They are all proud members of the Cross Town yard of the month club. They acheive 100% customer participation in the annual Cross Town Run for Hugs Marathon.

cass10169 6 years ago

I'm sorry I know the guy that got shot. He was shot in the gut and in the back as he ran away. If he had a gun I am pretty sure he would have pulled it and shot back when he was pulled on to start with. He had nothing to do with the other case that this guy is talking about. Now hes laying in a hospital suffering cause this guy got into it over his girlfriend. Sounds to me like he is just playing the snitch card to get out of jail.

punkazz_ku_scum 6 years ago

complete scum.... that applies to all of you reading and commenting too..........

twocute 6 years ago

THIS IS GETTING OUT OF CONTROL... FORGET ABOUT GARETT AND FORGET ABOUT JACKSON WHAT ABOUT THE GUY THAT GOT SHOT DOES ANYBODY CARE ABOUT HIM OR DOES JACKSON EVEN CARE

angellic007 6 years ago

Oh I forgot to thank Momma. A little more since is being heard and made. Anthony, I feel, has some big koonas (spelling?) to call the journal himself and do this interview to let his side be told. How many of the people of Lawrence would put themselves out there in the line of fire like that. So whenever I see one of you guys going to the press about "anything" you stand up for than send me a comment to let me know and I will give you your props. So lay off Anthony. Or at least have a different perspective on his situation. Walk a mile in someone elses moccasins before you judge them.

Steve Jacob 6 years ago

I guess just let the courts decide. I hope Mr. jackson has a lawyer no matter what, if not criminal court, civil court. And the first thing a lawyer will say is stop talking to the Lawrence Jornal World.

angellic007 6 years ago

TORCIA here's the idiocrocy (spelled correctly) to your idiotic comment. Who gives a dam about dinner. but to repeat myself anthony's girlfriend was taking to a nice dinner. But how shallow are you? Your worried about dinner. Also the gun thing--- how do you know that someone didn't buy the gun for him for his and his families protection after Mr. Garrett and his "bodyguards" have threatening him before this. AND if Anthony did buy the gun himself Who are you to compare dinner to the price of the safety of ones family. Would you put a price on your family's life. My family's life is worth way more than the price of a gun.SRJ Anthony has protection with him not only if he goes to a bar, but at all times. He could be seen by one of these crazy criminals at a stop light, at a store, anywhere here in this town. Even his own home. So what is a person supposed to do when you ALWAYS have to watch your back front and side to side. Just a to let you know that your comment "you probably shouldn't go there in the first place" is everywhere for him and his family.

Steve Jacob 6 years ago

I do like the fact that Mr. Jackson will go to court to testify about an assult, but thinking this can't help that case.And sorry, I will always feel if you need a gun to go into the bar (or really any place) to feel safe, you probally should not go there in the first place.

alicenevada 6 years ago

blue73harley,ha! I agree! A friend drug me to Crosstown once, it was one of the single most revolting experiences of my life. It reeked of beer and urine and had a lot of toothless individuals. Ick.

justvisitin 6 years ago

When HB2528 was passed by the state legislature, it ensured that State law supercedes local ordinances in regard to concealed carry.

Christine Pennewell Davis 6 years ago

now just why are all of you harping on the guy for taking his girl to a bar? And know where in the article do I read that he did not take her to dinner first so what the heck are you yacking about? If you know for a fact he did not then say so but to go on and on and on and not even know for sure is sorry, but dumb.And for all you know maybe that is what she wanted, to just go hang out with friends at a bar.

Lance Cheney 6 years ago

angelic007- i agree with you on the gun and bar part. But I too was curious whether or not Jackson would face charges on having the firearm. If he did, even though I don't agree with it, that's the way the stupid law works. The judicial system doesn't see the big picture. (i.e.- had he not had the gun, he would be dead.)

blue73harley 6 years ago

A pawn shop and a bail bonds place would really round out that strip mall.

torcia 6 years ago

Cant afford a nice dinner but plenty of money to buy a gun? I am a gun rights guy but I can even see the idiotcy of that argument. It doesn't make someone racist to stay away from these bars...we are not trying to stay away from black people we are trying to stay away from shootings.

le 6 years ago

Guess she found her valium!

Dont_Feed_The_Bears 6 years ago

<----Hands Angellic007 two free tickets to the Anger Management class.Thugs are Thugs... I am glad they hang out a long way from where I like to hang out.

twocute 6 years ago

angellic007-- i wondered when you were going to wake up

le 6 years ago

007..did ya run outta yer valium?

angellic007 6 years ago

F**K All of you that are makin an issue of the gun and a bar. Sure it may be illegal but if Anthony had not been carrrying his gun he would be dead right now!!!!!!! Maybe a bar that has violence problems should have metal detectors? Maybe all bars should have metal detectors. Do you people have any concern for how a victim of PREVIOUS CRIMES, committed by a Felony Carreer Criminal, Damien Garrett, is being treated and unprotected by the state. This is not the 1st time he has been confronted and threatened. AND HIS FAMILY is being included in those threats. he has reported theses threats to the authorities and nothing has been done to protect Mr. jackson and his family. if you read the statutes link above like suggested about the FIREARMS and BARS while your at it look up VICTIM rights!!!!!!!!!!! Specifically: Statute # 74-7333 (7). Ok now SRJ you are Unemployed not Self-employed must people that say they are selfemployed (and construction is a quick one to think up) they are usually unemployed so your opinion is mud to me. You probably don't have a girlfriend to take to a bar and probably couldn't afford to take her to one anyway. Did I "Hit the nail on the head"? STAFF04: YES Shaw did have a gun. PETEJayhawk: There are good people that do go to the tavern that are not involved in drugs and gangs, etc. I personally haven't been there for several years. Have you been there? How would you know anything about a place if you haven't been there, oh wait, your racists so you stay away from places that BLACK people go. Anthony is not a regular there and they went there late because he had a reservation at a restaraunt in KC. They came home for awhile, about 12:45 they ended up there for a couple.Now OFFTO The Left OH i mean right....read the above to petejayhawk. it wasn't wendy's What's wrong with Wendy's anyway. Maybe some people can't afford lavish dinners and presents it's the thought that counts. But people just have to put negative things out there because they can't afford the nice things themselves or have no one to share a birthday with.

l_town_playa 6 years ago

This whole shopping center needs to be razed. A parole office, a bar, and a liquor store, and a porn video store in the same location? All within convenient walking distance of the trashiest apartments in town. WTF?

le 6 years ago

Dont know why anyone would wanna take gun to a dog fight! Certainly they arent shooting each other over the women...Only ugly chicks and skanks go there to get they`re crabs scratched!

bd 6 years ago

i'M CONFUSED, ARE YOU SURE THESE GUYS ARE NOT FROM KC OR TOPEKA!

Pogo 6 years ago

I think it's great when these guys shoot each other like this. As long as any shooting is restricted to the "gun and knife clubs" around here, let 'em at each other. Cuts down on the excess population.....too bad both of them didn't get a shot fired with success is the only bummer on this one.

offtotheright 6 years ago

I can't see myself going into a bar, where I felt the need to take a gun with me."Happy Birthday Babeeeeee"! I wonder if he took her to Wendy's for dinner first?

daddax98 6 years ago

Justvisitin:You should familiarize yourself with the Lawrence ordinance which specifically states that guns are illegal to carry in and around bars

Multidisciplinary 6 years ago

justvisitinLawrence passed it's own law about the "within so many ft (I thought it was 200 ft) of a bar.I'm sure someone will post the link to it.

justvisitin 6 years ago

50YearResident: Your information concerning possession of a firearm within 100 ft of a bar is way off. Also, it is not illegal to have a concealed weapon within the bar itself (as long as you have the permit) although consumption of alcohol while carrying is prohibited. So, if Jackson was a licensed concealed-carry permit holder, hadn't consumed alcohol and the CrossTown wasn't posted, he violated no laws (so far as firearms are concerned). You can find all the laws concerning firearm laws (concealed or otherwise) in Kansas at www.ksag.org.

le 6 years ago

Sounds pretty stupid to go to a knife(crack)and gun club when you know people may be gunnin for you! He could have drove to perry or eudora..anywhere but a establishment where you are known! Maybe he just liked the brand of crack sold at the "cryin dog" ! Taking your signifigant other 2 cryin dog is like takin yer date to chucky cheese to celebrate yer birthday! What a cheap @ss lame excuse of a man! Of course if she wanted to go to whinin dog then she must be a real piece o work herself! Skanks and losers..Skanks and looosers!

PeteJayhawk 6 years ago

Nothing says romantic birthday evening like a trip to scenic East Lawrence's premier lowlife trash bar.

50YearResident 6 years ago

You can not legally take a gun within 100 feet of a Bar and definitely not inside of the Bar with or without a CC License. So where is the (unlawful possession of a firearm charge)?

staff04 6 years ago

I'm curious to know if Shaw actually was carrying as well...

Godfather94 6 years ago

I don't see anything wrong with taking your girlfriend there. Jackson's story has details which could have happened like he says. I wonder if he had a CCL. Maybe there will be witnesses on this comment board.

Steve Jacob 6 years ago

Something about taking the girlfriend on her birthday to the Crosstown sounds funny to me.