Agency: Roger Hill Volunteer Center
The annual Feria Hispana will be from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday in South Park. This festival is free and open to the public and will feature traditional Latino food, dancing, arts and crafts, and activities for children of all ages.
Volunteers are needed to help with setup, games and activities, cleanup and interpreting. To volunteer, contact Rachael at 865-5030 or email@example.com.
Immediate volunteer needs
- The Home Energy Conservation Fair will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Oct. 13, at Free State High School. Volunteers are needed to help with the setup of exhibits and breaking down tables at the end. To volunteer, contact Celeste Hoins at 864-4703 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Lawrence Transit System is looking for volunteers to help administer and collect an on-board passenger survey. This annual survey is conducted in order to gather information about ridership patterns, customer satisfaction and suggestions for improvement. The position involves riding the bus, handing out and collecting surveys, and returning them to the transit system's office. To volunteer, contact Emily Lubliner at 832-3471 or email@example.com.
- SHARE seeks volunteers for one Saturday morning each month to provide food to community members. Volunteer duties include lifting and carrying groceries less than 35 pounds and organizing and distributing them at the Lawrence site.
- Vehicles and volunteer drivers are also needed to pick up groceries from the warehouse in Topeka. To help, contact Ellen Polacca at 841-2278 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wakarusa Valley School needs volunteers for after-school program tutors and mentors. The program meets from 2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Mondays. Contact Aimee Ziegler at email@example.com or 423-4132.
- Volunteers are needed to help with the activities surrounding the Aaron Douglas exhibition opening and national conference that will take place Sept. 28-29 on the Kansas University campus. For information, contact Maura Selden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The River City Reading Festival is looking for volunteers to help with various literary events that will take place at the Lawrence Arts Center on Oct. 14. Volunteers will help with setup and cleanup, portray characters, greet and check in participants and help with children's activities. To volunteer, e-mail volunteers@RiverCityReadingFestival.org.