Advertisement

Archive for Saturday, November 17, 2007

Lawrence home fills with smoke; emergency crews quickly respond

November 17, 2007

Advertisement

Emergency crews were called to 2609 Pickwick Place shortly after 2:45 a.m. Saturday to investigate reports of smoke coming from the single-story residence.

Firefighters responded to the scene at 2:52 a.m. and verified that smoke was coming from within the building.

According to Lawrence-Douglas County Fire and Medical, the fire was declared under control by 3:16 a.m. Two people were treated at the scene for possible injuries and then transported to Lawrence Memorial Hospital.

The cause of the fire at the home, which is just west of Peterson Road and North Iowa Street, remains under investigation.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.