Archive for Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Two injured in late night accident

June 5, 2007, 12:41 a.m. Updated June 5, 2007, 5:16 a.m.

Two people were transported by air ambulance to area hospitals after a two-vehicle accident late Monday night. The accident occurred at about 11:25 p.m.

According to Sgt. Susan Hadl, Lucas Schimmel, 25, Lawrence, was driving North in the 800 block of Iowa Street when his Camaro lost control and went sideways, colliding with southbound Luis Salas, 21, Topeka, who was also driving a Camaro.

Salas was transported to Overland Park Regional Medical Center for treatment while Schimmel was flown to St. Luke's Medical Center.

No other injuries were reported. Details on the conditions of the drivers and cause of the accident are not yet available.

Comments

Juggalette_freak 7 years, 11 months ago

SOME OF THE THINGS PEOPLER SAY IS JUST RUDE.. LUCAS IS MY COUSIN AND PEOPLE DONT NEED TO BE TALKING BAD THINGS ABOUT HIM.. WHAT WOULD YOU SAY IF IT WAS SOME ONE IN YOUR FAMILY

-KATIE-JO

Sigmund 7 years, 11 months ago

When will we as a society break this tragic cycle of Camaro on Camaro violence??

trinity 7 years, 11 months ago

just as soon as those darn miscreant camaros are disarmed and made tame! :) in other words-when they turn in to yugos.

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

I've met Lucas, sgt. He's a very nice young man and doesn't have a mullet - in fact, he's shaved. A variation from the norm!

Let's hope all are OK.

Jamesaust 7 years, 11 months ago

"Night of the Camaros"

(Q: Dan Quayle asks: Camaroes?)

Linda Endicott 7 years, 11 months ago

Honestly, people...two were injured in an accident, and these posts are all you can come up with?

Lame...

I hope both of them will be ok...

Linda Aikins 7 years, 11 months ago

"I've met Lucas, sgt." ????

Sorry Blue. I didn't give you the writing credit! I owe you!

olmsted78 7 years, 11 months ago

i heard the thud of this accident over by ninth & maine last night clearly enough to know it sounded bad. First sirens, then helicopter about an hour later. now story in news next morning. car accidents suck no matter the details of how they happen-- hope everyone involved recovers.

Lenette Hamm 7 years, 11 months ago

My heart goes out to Luke's family. He and one of my sons were best friends in grade school. It irritates me to no end to see all the derogatory remarks some of you post here. Have a heart...

7 years, 11 months ago

It's scary to think that the accident was so serious that the Life Flight helicopter did an emergency landing in the Merc parking lot. I hope they'll both be okay.

auturgy 7 years, 11 months ago

There were so many emergency vehicles, my friend and I thought there was a fire or something. It was nuts. Hope everyone makes it out alright.

Sigmund 7 years, 11 months ago

Yeah, my bad. Didn't mean to be mean. I too wish everyone recovers fully and quickly.

d_s 7 years, 11 months ago

anymore news on Lucas? This shocked me. Someone let me know how he is doing. We're old friends.