Kansas University officials evacuated four buildings Tuesday because of a reported odor of gas.
About 12:30 p.m., someone said they smelled natural gas inside Robinson Gymnasium, KU Police Capt. Schuyler Bailey said. Eventually, Haworth Hall, the Dole Center and the Hall Center for the Humanities also were evacuated.
"We were just sitting in class and the fire alarm went off," said Laura Fearey, a KU student who was evacuated from Haworth Hall about 12:45 p.m.
Police and firefighters blocked off traffic in the area.
Bailey said utility crews, police and firefighters went through the buildings but didn't detect any problems. The buildings reopened at 1:10 p.m.
Above, students congregate outside Haworth while the building is checked.