Archive for Friday, April 6, 2007

Concealed weapons could soon be allowed at your child’s sporting events

April 6, 2007

Concealed weapons could soon be allowed at your child's sporting events

A bill passed by Kansas Legislature arrived at the Governor's office today that would allow you to carry a concealed weapon - with a permit - in city parks and playing fields. Enlarge video

Comments

Kat Christian 7 years, 8 months ago

Have this society lost it's MIND? This is insane.

Newell_Post 7 years, 8 months ago

Try one more spelling correction, loudmouthrealist.

Mkh 7 years, 8 months ago

Marion: "Do you people not get it, that the ARMED CRIMINAL is the problem?

What is it that you are afraid of?"

Well the "Armed Criminal" as just a person with a concealed weapon before they comitted the crime. Therefore having people carrying concealed weapons creates more opprotunities to have "Armed Criminals". Furthermore it is just common sense to keep guns away from areas of large groups of children.

Michael Capra 7 years, 8 months ago

i WILL STAND GUARD with my 500casul dont worry every thing is under controll,,BACK AWAY FROM THE BONG

Moderateguy 7 years, 8 months ago

I think this article has a fundamental flaw. The laws governing legal concealed carry already prohibit carrying at organized athletic events not involving the use of firearms. The legislation in question is merely clearing up some confusing language in the already passsed law. Some cities think that they can qualify "city property" as "private property" and thus ban concealed weapons on city streets, sidewalks, parks etc. Let's not jump on the hysteria bandwagon just yet. Come on LJW, do a little research before you hit the "there will be blood running in the streets" panic button.

bearded_gnome 7 years, 8 months ago

Accidents will happen and weapons are dangerous, no matter in who's hands they are.

and thus, only criminals will have guns. "if it is illegal to carry arms, then only the criminals will be armed."

I was comforted at the picture painted by this story...you have an ump make a call, daddy don't like it, pulls out his trusty '44. the ump draws his "are you lucky punk" '357. the kids start cheering "shoot! shoot! shoot!" and, daddy's wife, Mama hits him in the head with her purse and the scene dissolves.

Mkh 7 years, 8 months ago

Gee Marion, the closer you get to a 100 yrs old the smarter you become. Your right, how about we just open a shooting range on a playground? Because after all if they aren't going "to play "catch" with a Smith and Wesson" it's perfectly safe to allow armed people to be around large groups of children. I don't know how I could have ever thought otherwise.

Thank YOU.

Wilbur_Nether 7 years, 8 months ago

bearded_gnome is right. Given the examples of little league parents becoming violent in the last few years, the easy access to firearms when tempers flare has as much opportunity for an unfortunate outcome as for saving someone's life.

Come to think of it, while I can recall three incidents of angry parents assaulting other parents, coaches, or umpires in recent years...I don't recall a single incident in which a "bad guy" took a gun into a little league game and did whatever a bad guy would take a gun to a little league game to do.

Albert Lowe 7 years, 8 months ago

I'm so glad I live in Michigan. I can already carry in public parks here. And I guess my gun is defective, it's killed fewer people than Teddy Kennedy's car.