Archive for Friday, May 12, 2006

Pets, home lost in fire started by candle

May 12, 2006

Advertisement

A Lawrence resident lost her home and pets in a fire Thursday morning.

Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Chief Mark Bradford said the mobile home fire at 110 N. Mich. started when the resident left a candle unattended.

Damage was estimated at $25,000 and the home was a total loss.

The resident's two dogs were inside when the fire broke out around 7:30 a.m. They did not survive.

The Douglas County chapter of the American Red Cross is assisting the resident with lodging and other accommodations.

Comments

Christine Pennewell Davis 10 years, 11 months ago

I am so sorry for her loss I hope you have people to help you thru this troubled time.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.

loading...