Archive for Thursday, March 9, 2006

Man charged with exposing others to HIV

March 9, 2006

A 29-year-old Lawrence man charged with knowingly exposing a 20-year-old woman to HIV made his first court appearance Wednesday and had his next court date scheduled for Tuesday.

He remains free on $3,500 bond. District Court Judge Pro Tem Peggy Kittel appointed a defense attorney for him Wednesday.

According to a police report, the man had sexual contact with the woman the night of Jan. 2 in North Lawrence, and she reported the incident to police Jan. 19.

The man is charged with "exposing another to a life-threatening communicable disease," a felony under a 1999 Kansas law.

The law also prohibits people with deadly communicable diseases from sharing hypodermic needles or donating blood or organs.

Comments

BritBoiNYC 9 years, 4 months ago

CONTINUED:

PREDATOR: I was trying to point out to the owner of the rivercity board that it's a potentially actionable item if I am attacked, and that smearing my good name, especially if it resulted in an attack on my person or a poster campaign based on the twisted way you present the information here, for instance, would be an actionable item. If you cannot take the warning in the good light in which it was intended, I am sorry.

GOOD NAME? LOL I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU GOOD FOLKS. WITH THE PUBLIC INFORMATION GATHERED, I SPENT $19.95 ON A BACKGROUND CHECK ON THE WEB. THIS IS NOT HIS FIRST ARREST FOR THIS OFFENSE. IT'S JUST HIS FIRST ARREST IN THIS STATE FOR IT.

I ALSO SEE THAT "HE" WAS TRYING TO POINT OUT (WHATEVER). SO HE NOW ADMITS WHAT WE ALL KNEW, THAT "T. JOHNSON" DOES NOT EXSIST AND HE WAS IMPERSONATING AN ATTORNEY, MAKING STATEMENTS ON THIS BOARD USING A FALSE I.D.!? PERHAPS HE SHOULD WORRY MORE ABOUT THE FACT THAT MISREPRESENTING YOURSELF AS AN ATTORNEY IS A CRIME.

BritBoiNYC 9 years, 4 months ago

CONTINUED:

PREDATOR: I am trying to make sure that this case is based upon only the facts and not upon public fear, personal slander, and potential angry-mob vigilante justice. If you are at all interested in real justice and not vengeance, please take down the information and cease your personal crusade.

SHAMELESSLY TRYING TO SAVE HIS OWN BUTT. WHO'S BUTT WAS HE WORRIED ABOUT WHEN HE "ALLEGEDLY" EXPOSED HIS VICTIMS?

PREDATOR: There is a Judge on high and a human judge in the courtroom, and they are the only persons qualified to judge these facts until the results of the trial are in.

THIS HAS TO BE THE BEST QUOTE OF ALL. "THERE IS A JUDGE ON HIGH:". HE IS NOW TRYING TO PLAY ON LARRY'S EMOTIONS BY BRINGING UP GOD, WHEN HE IS OTHERWISE KNOWN AS THE "UNAPOLOGETIC ATHIEST". WHAT A HYPOCRITE!

LASTLY, JUST FOR THE RECORD, I AM BRAND NEW TO THE AREA AND I DO NOT KNOW THE VICTIM(S), AND I DO BELIEVE IN THE LEGAL SYSTEM TAKING IT'S COURSE. BUT, WHEN A PREDATOR CONTRADICTS HIMSELF, POSES AS OTHER PEOPLE, AND ACTS WITH THE DECEIT THAT THIS ONE HAS, IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO LOOK AT ALL INFORMATION AVAILABLE AND BRING OUR OBSERVATIONS TO LIGHT!

BritBoiNYC 9 years, 4 months ago

LARRY,

THANK YOU FOR POSTING THE PREDATOR'S EMAIL TO YOU! I FIND HIM BOTH DISGUSTING AND HILARIOUS. I'D LIKE TO COMMENT ON SEVERAL POINTS THAT HE MADE.

PREDATOR: "All the information on public record is that I am accused of a crime, not that I am guilty. I understand that you seem to get a kick out of going after "criminals", but you are doing far more harm than good by engaging in the actions in which you are engaged.

EXACTLY WHAT HARM ARE YOU (LARRY) DOING? YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING ILLEGAL. AS A MATTER OF FACT, YOU ARE DOING THE MORAL THING. (SOMETHING THAT HE WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND).

PREDATOR: I'm aware it's a public record (how else would you have gotten that information!?), but as someone pointed out you don't have all the facts to the case, and publishing it in the way you have may result in a mistrial, or a prejudiced jury member who slips through questioning, or even worse, may result in an attack on my person by someone else who thinks that accusations equal guilt.

"AS SOMEONE POINTED OUT"? IS HE REFERRING TO "T. JOHNSON", A PERSON ALREADY PROVEN TO BE HIM USING A FALSE ID??

AND SINCE WHEN DOES QUOTING PUBLIC RECORD CONSTITUTE A MISTRIAL? SOMEBODY NEEDS TO WATCH A LITTLE MORE PERRY MASON.

OliviaT 9 years, 4 months ago

talsynsilverleaf@yahoo.com">p>talsynsilverleaf@yahoo.com = "the client"

BritBoiNYC 9 years, 4 months ago

Thank you, Marion, for the photo! I noticed something I think you will all be interested in! The "attorney" who made a statement above is actually the predator. Look at what email address he used. Go look at the Yahoo profile. It's him, not an attorney. I'm sure he will delete the profile when he sees this, but if anybody wants to see it, I took a screen shot of it. I'll be happy to email it to any who want to see it. Make no mistake, he is posting comments on this site using false ID's.

bucephalus 9 years, 4 months ago

jannie: for someone who's complaining that others "don't know jack about the law", you sure do seem to need some education on the difference between being charged with a crime and being convicted of a crime. You see, in our country we have "trials" where both sides present "evidence" in order to determine what happened. I know this is strange to you, since you apparently are blessed with an omniscient ability to know, with absolute certainty, the guilt or innocence of people you read about in the newspaper, but that's how we roll here.

BritBoiNYC 9 years, 4 months ago

Did IQ points drop sharply around here? Is Marion the only sane person among us?

What kind of idiot believes that an attorney would send mail from a stupid Yahoo address? What kind of attorney does not sign his name? What kind of an attorney sends his correspondence through an internet forum instead of registered mail? I'll tell you what kind. The fake kind!

I smell a rat! RAT RAT!

badger 9 years, 4 months ago

OTTR -

How do you know it was unprotected? He could have taken a condom off during sex without telling his partner, especially if it was dark.

I think what he's accused of doing is despicable. I hope that the woman involved didn't get infected.

I found out a few days ago that a friend had been exposed by a guy who knew he was positive, and I am now wondering if this is the same guy (It can't be the same girl; she's older than 20).

I'm just sick hearing about all this.

xenophonschild 9 years, 4 months ago

How could they allow this guy out on bond!!! Eeyah! He's a killer, but he kills without using a gun or knife, so it's okay to let him go? C'mon, public servants - wake up!

RibbonsTheFriendlyViking 9 years, 4 months ago

badger 9 years, 4 months ago

Jannie -

I have visited Marion's forum once and once only. It's not something I consider a reliable source of anything but innuendo and hyperbole.

Also, I know the name of the person charged through another source. What I don't know is the name of the guy my friend was dating (since my move, I'm out of the loop on people's love lives). Thanks for your (as usual) ignorant assumption (By the way, I worked through lunch yesterday, but today the tally hit 25 state, local, federal agencies and entities that work with social workers. Still haven't found anyone who admits to employing you...).

You know, as despicable crime as this individual is accused of, it's important to remember that we do still consider people in this country innocent unless proven guilty of a crime. Marion, if this person is found innocent, and you're spreading his name around this way, what you're doing is libel and actionable. That's the other reason I won't go to your website. You play fast and loose with truth and gossip, and I have no desire to get involved in that even tangentially.

If it's determined that your spreading of this information and speculation with regard to it is in any way prejudicial, even if this person is convicted your actions could be the reason a case is overturned on appeal and a convicted person goes free.

And, if anyone should happen to assault or attack him, which I'm sure a number of people would be tempted to do, before he he formally brought to trial and convicted, if it so happens that the person who did it got his name from your website - especially if he's later found to be not guilty - you can be in a world of trouble.

badger 9 years, 4 months ago

I'm not your sweet anything, thank all the gods there are. You're a fraud, and I have enough respect for real social workers and the good that they do to be disgusted when you claim to represent them and commit ethical violations that would make an actual social worker cringe. You're a consistent liar, you pretend to know things about people that are either completely untrue or total distortions of sketchy fact, your grammar is appalling, and you're an ignorant git (I'm sure that last bit will probably have jannie hitting the little 'suggest removal' button that always seems to be triggered when someone calls her out as a liar and a fraud, but so be it).

You also seem completely unable to comprehend that what is 'right' by your standards does not in fact constitute law, civil or criminal.

Frankly, if this guy did this on purpose, I'm not sure I'd say no to fifteen uninterrupted minutes in a dark alley with him and my Louisville Slugger. I don't know that I'd refuse an opportunity to be karma's enforcer on this, as much as it pains me to admit that particular barbarian twinge.

However, just because I think that someone who does what he's accused of should be locked in a barrel that then has several hundred four-inch nails driven into it prior to being rolled over Niagara Falls, that doesn't mean that opinion is going to override my basic belief that we have laws in this country for a reason, and that if we get a bunch of yayhoo vigilante justice loving morons (I mean you, by the way) out there talking about knowing what other people 'deserve' all it does is just cause social structure to deteriorate faster than any amount of actual crime possibly could.

Innocent unless proven guilty. If proven guilty, I hope he rots in jail and then burns in hell. But I certainly don't want to see someone get a conviction overturned on appeal (or see someone who might actually be innocent go to prison) because a bunch of provincial finger-pointers couldn't keep their mouths shut until the end of a trial.

You people don't get that this guy and his lawyer are probably reading every post at this point, just waiting for you guys to give them more ammo to use. Marion's probably already given them enough to get a change of venue if they so choose, and gods help you all if this guy so much as stubs his toe before his trial.

It's people like you who give defense attorneys the ammunition they need to manipulate the legal system, you know.

relativity 9 years, 4 months ago

oh, PS: in case these feelings are absent:-

"That chest cramping feeling, and the weakness in the gut...all of that is punishment. But not from 'us'....that's from the god within you. God and spirit you once posessed and never let grow beyond that point of terror-like fear you felt when you learned you were positive."

-google 'sociopathy'....

relativity 9 years, 4 months ago

There is something I always wanted to tell Robert. So, here it is:

It simply escapes me how you, of one of the most intelligent and educated young men I have ever met can on the other hand be so strangely divided into unscrupulous, malicious, self-hating and life-hating personality. Though, it doesn't surprise me at all what you have done. And you have done it- I had known about what you have been doing for over 5 years now. It is disgusting!

Perhaps in your mind you see it as a revenge for getting HIV yourself- as something fair, something that 'levels the scale'. It is unimaginable to me how it is to learn you are HIV+. It must be mind-splitting, soul-killing... The world has always been unjust, Rob. You are not the only one with HIV who didn't ask for it. Nobody asked for it.

You have had your time running around and doing this thing. You are the one that spit on your name. Now it is time for the rest of us to judge you. Not just here on this forum, but in the court as well. It is uncomfortable, i know. You feel like you want to spit on us all for digging into something you are obviously ashamed of. But sht, Rob, it comes with the crime! It is a combo you signed up for the very first time you 'forgot' the condom. I bet you didn't expect you would feel so exposed like you feel now!...but, sht hit the fan, Rob. You are now paying for the stuff you did.

I hope you come to your long lost senses and I hope you live long enough to enjoy at least one more part of the rest of your life. I am also glad a friend of mine you tried to pull this of with is negative. Otherwise I would be behind bars now for manslaughter.

redjayj 9 years, 4 months ago

Knowingly having sex when you are hiv positive is attempted murder. maybe murder. Having said that, anyone having sex these days needs to ASSUME that their partner is infected with something and either not have sex or protect yourself. DUH

BritBoiNYC 9 years, 4 months ago

Lets keep our eye on the ball here, people. The title of this article is not "Girl had premarital or unprotected sex". The title is "Man charged with exposing others to HIV". If you want to pass moral judgement on her, then do so in a forum that talks about such things. This is about how the predator intentionally exposed her. Was she using bad judgement? Sure. Is that criminal? No.