Advertisement

Archive for Monday, January 23, 2006

Fire causes thousands of dollars of damage

January 23, 2006

Advertisement

A house in the 1800 block of Atherton Court caught fire Sunday afternoon, causing thousands of dollars in damage in just a few minutes.

Three fire trucks and an ambulance arrived at the one-story home around 1:45 p.m. and extinguished the fire in less than five minutes, Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical officials said.

The fire caused an estimated $30,000 in damage, scorching part of the front of the house.

Fire & Medical officials said the fire was still under investigation. The family, which told fire officials they would stay with friends, requested that any donations be sent to Habitat for Humanity, 830-B Connecticut St.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.