Archive for Monday, February 20, 2006

Fire damages home in Douglas County

February 20, 2006

Advertisement

A fire in Douglas County drove a family of five out of their home late Saturday night.

The fire occurred at a home in the 1100 block of East 2100 Road around midnight when flames from a fireplace ignited a chimney fire, county officials said.

The flames damaged part of the home's roof around the chimney, but all five family members made it out of the house unscathed, officials said.

Eudora Township Fire Department responded to the blaze, but officials didn't have an estimate on how much damage the fire caused.

Comments

Use the comment form below to begin a discussion about this content.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.