Archive for Friday, February 10, 2006

Bush plans

February 10, 2006

To the editor:

I was pleasantly shocked to hear about Mr. Bush's plan to increase educational spending in support of science and math.

Thinking about the plan later, I wondered what benefits would arise from more education in science if innovative research is blocked on the grounds of immorality. How does Mr. Bush define science, anyway? Perhaps the money allotted for education could be rerouted to the "scientific" study of intelligent design. Maybe we could "research" how the universe was formed in seven days, roughly 4,000 years ago. Tally another point for those wacky fundamentalists! You sure got us!

On an even worse note, necessary programs are being cut. Veterans Affairs funding is being slashed even as more and more veterans return home. I would like to propose a new program. I call it "No Soldier Left Behind." It is appalling that the man responsible for their pain and anguish doesn't make a commitment to better their lives, even after fighting his war. I give thanks to our soldiers and I would just like to apologize on behalf of the Bush administration because you will never hear it from them. I am sorry for any suffering. I am sorry Mr. Bush and friends will take money and care away from you just to reduce that magic number we call a deficit.

I only have one more thing to say while hanging my head in disappointment: God bless you, Mr. Bush.

Comments

rightthinker 8 years, 2 months ago

Unhealthy disgust- fundamentalist/schmundamentalist, get a life.

smearill--excuse me but honestly, who gives a flying f*** about NASA

Richard Heckler 8 years, 2 months ago

About Bush saying he will provide more funding for education. Don't count on it aka wait till you see it. The feds are weak on follow through. No Child Left Behind while being forced on school districts is still waiting for funding. Don't count on George W. Bush. Neither do I hate GW Bush nor do I trust the man.

NASA is still waiting for full 2004/2005 dollars and are in a critical pinch with many projects undone. Billions in cash have been stolen from Iraq reconstruction so things are doing swell in that area.

healthydissent 8 years, 2 months ago

Thanks for reading my letter to the editor and commenting on it. It is great to get feedback. Realthinker...I do understand that the VA budget cut is actually a cut in the projected growth (though now is not the time for these cuts to take place). I would like to encourage you to write a few coherant paragraphs, 250 words or less, that displays some intelligent or original thoughts from your point of view. Why not see if the Journal World will print it?

Defender and Yourworstnightmare, all I can say is that you are absolutely right. And the bit about religious radicals is truly praisworthy. It's scary to think about how similar the fundamentalist christians are to other fundamentalists around the globe, pushing their beliefs through political force and deception.

rightthinker 8 years, 2 months ago

At least, everybodysworstnightmare, at least just my BRAIN is flaccid..HA! Good play on words with shiite.

yourworstnightmare 8 years, 2 months ago

Who's defending radical islam here? You're making shiite up just to rail against, which is fine I suppose.

All religious radicals should be held in the same contempt, whether they be followers of Mohammed, Ratzinger, or Graham. They are all cut from the same bolt.

And it doesn't surprise me that you look at liberalism in rudimentary terms, as that is all that your flaccid brain allows.

rightthinker 8 years, 2 months ago

I think the US and the world are in dire straits due to the radical element of Islam wanting us all exterminated. This is something that GWB haters lose sight of in their abject hatred for the man. I think the economy is strong in spite of the situation we are in. Bill Clinton ran on dot-commers heels and everyone knows it. That's over and GWB keeps cranking out the numbers. Great UE numbers, great job growth (in spite of 9/11 and Katrina), strong stock market, strong trade etc etc. As far as the military goes, another well-documented fact is Bill (and Hillary, VP) had deep contempt for the military and as a result our military was badly degraded and compromised for nearly a decade. I don't think Bush pre-planned tax cuts with military spending.

I look at the liberal agenda in rudimentary terms: A little today, a little tomorrow and next thing I know, we're living a nation that is no longer the US as we new it, or the founding fathers envisioned. I have gay and athiest freinds and I dont' attend church often at all. I like to think I have my own relationship with God; I tend to struggle with the issue and the christian-conservative element is only trying to preserve what they believe. It is no surprise that they are the first to be villified, because they stay vigilant against the liberal, secular agenda running rampant against them. I wish the Bush haters, people who are Americans, expressed such contempt for the radical Muslims that murdered 3000 of us o n9-11. And if you think they don't want more 9-11's, you're sadly mistaken--they do. They want us gone. Bush is only doing his job, no hidden agendas. No big conspiracies--just an average guy (yeah average) who wants to do his job. And you think he is material for impeachment and I think he is a great president.

observer 8 years, 2 months ago

Summed him up nicely. Doesn't that apply to average right-wing Bush lover? Example being, Kevin, Con-man, etc. You can tell that by their intelligent "cut and paste" from nut case sites?

yourworstnightmare 8 years, 2 months ago

I want to make my art available to alll, so in case you missed it on another thread, here it is. Enjoy.

An angry fool named rightstinker whose idiotic post made the mind blinker has his head up his a$$ but I'll give him a pass as his posts are funny to a realthinker

observer 8 years, 2 months ago

rightthinker, it appears that you can not think for yourself. Your have never posted any independent ideas. You simply parrot party line, Rush, Rove Chaney, "O'Really", Kevin, etc. In plain english, get your head out of your a$$ and face reality.

bisky1 8 years, 2 months ago

aa; perhaps you might take a look at federal revenues after the tax cuts, i call bs

Clint Gentry 8 years, 2 months ago

I understand that your opinion of Bill and Hillary is negative, because that is what O'Reilly and Limbaugh told you to think, and it is an opinion, so it is somewhat respectful, but your opinion is misguided. If you can take a serious look around you it is obvious our country is in a worse situation that it was 6 years ago. Is it because the economy has lessened naturally? Probably, but do you think cutting taxes and then raising funding for the military helps the economy? If you think so your opinion should be disrespected, for being untrue to us, and yourself. I have really never seen someone as running scared as "rightthinker", he/she is acting as though there is a witch hunt for white christians. The truth, I repeat, The Truth is that white christians run this country and beyond that male, white, christians run this country, so for rightthinker to feel that his ideals are in danger is either dilusional or another product of the neo-conservative propaganda, but probably both. I beseech you rightthinker, open your mind to the infinite possibilities that are open to you, don't cower in your dark corner of "belief" and "faith".

rightthinker 8 years, 2 months ago

Itchy, you pegged me dead on, how do you know so much about psychology. Good job.

The simple truth (something libs can't get their head around) is that I've heard so much of the Bush-haters shrill, vicious tone over the past nearly six years that I guess it rubbed off. Got to admit, it dredged up that time my my Navy dad came home after months at sea and went out and got drunk instead of reading me "Curious George". Please spare me the psycho-analysis.

Defender (see I used your real poster name), the name thing is in the spirit of levity, something of which alot of Democrats nowadays need a heapin' helpin'.

I'll break down and tell you guys on the left, I've been there where you guys are; I hated Willy J. Clinton and his VP wife with a passion. So, I know what you're going thru. God loves you and it will be alright when in 2008 we vote in a different Republican president. Maybe Jeb Bush, who knows.

i_tching 8 years, 2 months ago

There's no argument against the kind of froth coming from the mouths of people like "rightthinker."

Basically, because of childhood trauma and poor parenting these people do not identify with their own needs. Instead, they identify with their abusers, and the objects in their lives, like President Bush, that come to symbolize their abusers.

Bush the father figure. Bush the drunk. Bush the liar who feeds false hope to the kool-aid drinkers then gives them debt, war, isolation, and joblessness.

People like "rightthinker" are completely unable to see this, and argument has no effect on them. Their narcissistic injuries are shielded by a rage that no amount of truth nor common sense can dare penetrate.

They are messed up probably beyond repair, because they have no insight into their own ills, and therefore will not seek, ever, to set themselves straight.

Instead, they play out their childhood traumas again and again on other people. Hence his insulting and injurious language.

There is nothing to be done about such people as "rightthinker" except to stay away from them and try to deprive them of any power they may seek to continue expressing their insecurities and abuse upon other people.

Defender 8 years, 2 months ago

Sorry, not a liberal. How many times do I have to tell you that? It's just your ignorance that won't allow you to see the truth. Thanks for making a fool of yourself once again.

rightthinker 8 years, 2 months ago

Noone can look more foolish than todays version of a liberal; even if I randomly lied about.....oh, wait that is a liberal.

Defender 8 years, 2 months ago

Your idiotic attempts to make fun of other folks posting names just shows your ignorance. Nothing you have stated is fact, you know it, and there is no way you can prove your allegations. You happen to be exhibiting much more of a 'commie' attitude on this board than anyone. Enjoy making a fool of yourself.

rightthinker 8 years, 2 months ago

Duh-fender & me-so-commie-first: Yes, this nonsense about the VA cuts are once again, a small group of liberals in congress that have crunched numbers in their favor to make it appear as though GWB is cutting VA funding. And not only does he not cut the VA funding, he has set record levels of spending toward the VA in his nearly six years in office. And in fact, even the Pentagon at one point recommended cuts due to unecessary spending. It's all more twisted, contorted liberal propaganda. Why in the world would anyone, especially in view of the past three years, believe one thing the Democrats say?

And, stem-cell research is a thinly vailed attempt by you pro-abortionist to promote your evil cause and yes, GWB is pro-life.....my 12 year old can figure that one out.

Defender 8 years, 2 months ago

Thanks, mefirst, I totally agree. I think it is rather odd that rightthinker is po'd about this letter being published. Why? Does rightthinker not believe in freedom of speech, or freedom to form your own opinions? Doesn't sound very American does it? That is because rightthinker likes the Communist idea of suppression of free thought. And ya know rightthinker, they published this letter, AND allowed you to post your insane blather too....

mefirst 8 years, 2 months ago

You're free to write a letter singing his praises you know. Stop pissing and moaning Rightthinker. Do you dispute that Bush cut VA funding? Is that claim erroneous? Do you dispute that Bush blocks scientific advances (like stem cell research) because it's immoral, according to him? If so, set the record straight. You're free to provide facts here. So far, you've failed to do that in every single remark you've posted.

rightthinker 8 years, 2 months ago

Big deal, so the LJW has printed yet ANOTHER letter-to-the-editor from a rabid, frothing at the mouth, misinformed, conspiracy theorist, Bush-Hater Lawrencian.

God bless you too Craig Wood!