Archive for Friday, February 10, 2006

Bush plans

February 10, 2006

To the editor:

I was pleasantly shocked to hear about Mr. Bush's plan to increase educational spending in support of science and math.

Thinking about the plan later, I wondered what benefits would arise from more education in science if innovative research is blocked on the grounds of immorality. How does Mr. Bush define science, anyway? Perhaps the money allotted for education could be rerouted to the "scientific" study of intelligent design. Maybe we could "research" how the universe was formed in seven days, roughly 4,000 years ago. Tally another point for those wacky fundamentalists! You sure got us!

On an even worse note, necessary programs are being cut. Veterans Affairs funding is being slashed even as more and more veterans return home. I would like to propose a new program. I call it "No Soldier Left Behind." It is appalling that the man responsible for their pain and anguish doesn't make a commitment to better their lives, even after fighting his war. I give thanks to our soldiers and I would just like to apologize on behalf of the Bush administration because you will never hear it from them. I am sorry for any suffering. I am sorry Mr. Bush and friends will take money and care away from you just to reduce that magic number we call a deficit.

I only have one more thing to say while hanging my head in disappointment: God bless you, Mr. Bush.

Comments

mefirst 8 years, 10 months ago

You're free to write a letter singing his praises you know. Stop pissing and moaning Rightthinker. Do you dispute that Bush cut VA funding? Is that claim erroneous? Do you dispute that Bush blocks scientific advances (like stem cell research) because it's immoral, according to him? If so, set the record straight. You're free to provide facts here. So far, you've failed to do that in every single remark you've posted.

bisky1 8 years, 10 months ago

aa; perhaps you might take a look at federal revenues after the tax cuts, i call bs

yourworstnightmare 8 years, 10 months ago

I want to make my art available to alll, so in case you missed it on another thread, here it is. Enjoy.

An angry fool named rightstinker whose idiotic post made the mind blinker has his head up his a$$ but I'll give him a pass as his posts are funny to a realthinker

yourworstnightmare 8 years, 10 months ago

Who's defending radical islam here? You're making shiite up just to rail against, which is fine I suppose.

All religious radicals should be held in the same contempt, whether they be followers of Mohammed, Ratzinger, or Graham. They are all cut from the same bolt.

And it doesn't surprise me that you look at liberalism in rudimentary terms, as that is all that your flaccid brain allows.

healthydissent 8 years, 10 months ago

Thanks for reading my letter to the editor and commenting on it. It is great to get feedback. Realthinker...I do understand that the VA budget cut is actually a cut in the projected growth (though now is not the time for these cuts to take place). I would like to encourage you to write a few coherant paragraphs, 250 words or less, that displays some intelligent or original thoughts from your point of view. Why not see if the Journal World will print it?

Defender and Yourworstnightmare, all I can say is that you are absolutely right. And the bit about religious radicals is truly praisworthy. It's scary to think about how similar the fundamentalist christians are to other fundamentalists around the globe, pushing their beliefs through political force and deception.

Richard Heckler 8 years, 10 months ago

About Bush saying he will provide more funding for education. Don't count on it aka wait till you see it. The feds are weak on follow through. No Child Left Behind while being forced on school districts is still waiting for funding. Don't count on George W. Bush. Neither do I hate GW Bush nor do I trust the man.

NASA is still waiting for full 2004/2005 dollars and are in a critical pinch with many projects undone. Billions in cash have been stolen from Iraq reconstruction so things are doing swell in that area.