Archive for Thursday, August 3, 2006

Cuba conditions

August 3, 2006

To the editor:

This concerns the piece by Anita Snow on Castro and Cuba in Tuesday's Journal-World. She inserted a quick little paragraph that seems to congratulate the Cuban revolutionaries on their reforms to schools and health care. I was in Cuba last week and returned Monday. Believe me, the only universal health care they have is that everyone is universally sick. There is very little medicine, and the people don't have enough to feed their families.

Secondly, the schools are brainwashing factories.

Don't be fooled; Cuba is no paradise on earth. It is, by any standard, the largest prison in the world. Their richest citizens are poorer than our poorest. Don't succumb to this propaganda. People are suffering there.

John Armstrong,

Lawrence

Comments

sibkiss 7 years, 8 months ago

I bet when Cubans got the message from Bush that he had a plan for them, they got chills running up their spine, that is, a plan like Iraq? Yikes!!!

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 7 years, 8 months ago

Yea, it's time to get rid of Castro so BushCo can turn Cuba into another Haiti while trying to install their own puppet ala Pinochet.

billyflay 7 years, 8 months ago

i am tired of having to go to a forgein country to get cuban cigars,

erichaar 7 years, 8 months ago

Very nice letter, Mr. Armstrong.

Marion Lynn 7 years, 8 months ago

It is my sincere hope that it Dr. Castro kicks off, that one of the younger Colonels in his army will continue the revolution in the time-honoured manner so historically popular in dictatorships; that of putting a round between the successor's eyes, in this case Brother Raoul!

I have every confidence that the army would then collapse and the murderous Communitts system along with it.

The Cuban people can only hope!

Thanks.

Marion.

Speakout 7 years, 8 months ago

Lets see, rightthinker, you may have something here. "Offer to buy and when they refuse, Invade?" Isn't that sort of how we got the situation in the Middle East? "Lets see, we will buy their land and if they refuse, we will just take it...the USA will support us!"

conservative 7 years, 8 months ago

I believe that our government allows people to visit Cuba to do humanitarian work. But they do have to travel to another country to get a connecting flight. I have a friend who is a minister who has been there, and I believe another friend who is an eye doctor travelled there last year on a doctors without borders mission.

billyflay 7 years, 8 months ago

been to miami lately? cuba is already part of this country,

rightthinker 7 years, 8 months ago

This is so easy, offer to buy Cuba----if they refuse, invade them and take them over by force.

Good Morning libbies!!!!

I'm kidding about the invasion, but it would be nice if we could partner up with Cuba....I'd like to see it be part of America. Who knows?

classclown 7 years, 8 months ago

I was wondering the same thing.

MWIV 7 years, 8 months ago

And I ask: When it is supposedly illegal for Americans to travel and more importantly, spend American dollars in Cuba, what took you to that little nation? Let's see, I bet you didn't get a direct flight from Miami! Did you go via Canada or Mexico or one of the islands?