Archive for Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Nuclear bully

April 25, 2006

To the editor:

Earth Day reminds me that the ultimate ecological crime would be nuclear war, and President Bush is threatening Iran with exactly that.

Can you believe it? (Granted, he allows others to speak of using nuclear bunker busters; he then says he will not exclude any option.) I certainly do not want Iran - or any country - to have nuclear weapons.

This is insanity, and I am outraged that my country may be seen by the rest of the world as the real nuclear bully. We were fortunate to avoid nuclear catastrophe in the conflict between India and Pakistan just a few years ago.

The fact that we would even consider using nuclear weapons boggles the mind. Threatening the use of tactical nuclear weapons removes any sort of moral standing we might once have had. This is the action of a president, an administration, that maintains an arrogant and paranoid attitude toward the rest of the world.

Others are for us or against us and we actually don't much care what they think; we prefer force over diplomacy.

I hope our congressional delegation will talk sense with Mr. Bush and bring us back to a more responsible position.

Joe Douglas,

Lawrence

Comments

unconservitiveperson 7 years, 11 months ago

I see groanmaggot refused to back his claims up- I win- He is a fake.

Godot 7 years, 11 months ago

hmmm. back to Douglas' letter. He wrote:

"Threatening to nuke Iran, however, is like a parent beating a child to teach it that hitting is wrong."

Somehow I doubt that Ahmanedinejad would take kindly to that analogy. He does not view Bush as a father figure, and in no way would he ever view any US response as that of a parent chastising a child.

I view Ahmad Mad Man as a very dangerous individual whose goal is to keep the US at bay long enough to get his nukes operational so that he can use them and disseminate them to other Islamic groups. His first strike might be Israel, but my bet would be Iraq or even the UAE, in order to destroy US military capability.

This is not child's play.

Lepanto1571 7 years, 12 months ago

Unconservative person: "Yes. I took your job... Sorry......"

No problem. Admitting that you're an idiot is the first step in changing that condition.

Glad to have helped.

conservativeman 7 years, 12 months ago

Lepanto, She is our special Village person. I hope she gets over her issues of "hate". It's scary, hope she doesn't hurt herself.

Lepanto1571 7 years, 12 months ago

"Men like you, conservativeman, lepanto, Arminius, jamesaust need to eat the peanuts outta my poop!!"

Liberal intellectual firepower in action.

I'm convinced at this point that you are certainly depriving some village of an idiot somewhere.

unconservitiveperson 7 years, 12 months ago

OH I get it.....the groanmaggot thinks those who don't think down at his level are criminals.... What a fruitloop- oh, wait- I didn't mean in insult fruitloops..... The old man is weak!!!!

unconservitiveperson 7 years, 12 months ago

Major annoucement!!!! The US constitution has been retranslated by kevan groanmaggot to now give the US sole powers to control how other SOVEIRGN countries run their own. WHAT???? IS that not treason??? To grossly misinterpret the US constitution in this way? The only ones who do so are right wing nuts who are the number one problem with the USA!!!! God.....who needs that ancient lie???? Not the advanced peoples of the world.... Only the weak minded who need a crutch ......

unconservitiveperson 7 years, 12 months ago

75x55 7 years, 12 months ago

Actually, it was H. Ross Perot that kicked America's a** back in 1992 and 1996. I wonder if he's all proud of hisself and all...

Arminius 7 years, 12 months ago

xenofelon:

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the bin Laden family get special treatment from your guy, after 9/11?"

Your wrong. That's one of Michael Moore's bogus claims. See http://www.thehill.com/news/052604/clarke.aspx

"And what exactly is it you recommend William the Great should have done vis-a-vis the plane carrying OBL?"

First, he never should have allowed bin Laden to get on that plane. The Sudan was willing to hand him over on a silver platter. http://www.thedossier.ukonline.co.uk/Web%20Pages/HERALD%20TRIBUNE_Sudan%20Offered%20to%20Arrest%20Bin%20Laden%20in%20'96.htm

"Murder an innocent flight crew? Women and children?"

It was a chartered flight with bin Laden, his wives, children and about 130 followers. I would think any owner of a plane would realize the risks inherent in such a flight. And above you indicted members of the bin Laden who had little or nothing to do with Osama. Why do you presume them to be guilty yet consider his own wives and children innocent?

"And "getting off topic" I guess is how you change the subject when it highlights your shortcomings . . . like the "Whitewater" episode you so glibly skated away from."

Skated away? I actually broached the topic after you brought up the issue of competency. Hillary failed with the Whitewater business deal, didn't she?

"Is is possible for you to consider that William the Great and the US State Department used Ahmed Chalabi to keep Saddam on his toes, make him a little more aware of international realities? "

Only if Clinton had provided all the funding he promised Chalabi and the INC. Saddam knew Clinton was a wimp and realized his talk about regime change was just that--talk. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/americas/809168.stm

"And, (this is the big one, so get ready) do you really think William the Great would have invaded Iraq as your guy did . . . or would he have focused on Afghanistan, on OBL, and used our presence there to manipulate Saddam?"

Given the Clinton record, he would have ignored both Iraq and OBL and instead devote his attention to an intern. That's sad, but very true.

"It's okay that your guy did the 'deer in the headlights' thing. Could happen to anybody . . . couldn't it?"

Happened to John Kerry--for 34 minutes. http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/thomas081004.asp

by xeno:

'Long life to secular humanists and liberal Democrats!'

And may God be with you all.

xenophonschild 7 years, 12 months ago

I waited 20 minutes, but no response. I have to finish another chapter and watch a replay of my beloved Yankees thrashing hated Tampa Bay.

Long life to secular humanists and liberal Democrats!

xenophonschild 7 years, 12 months ago

Arminitwit:

Ah, the vitriol. You should understand that I don't care much about scoring debater's points on a newspaper website, particularly against someone who put up a bogus website to provide credibility to his positions.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the bin Laden family get special treatment from your guy, after 9/11? And what exactly is it you recommend William the Great should have done vis-a-vis the plane carrying OBL? Break any number of international laws and social conventions? Murder an innocent flight crew? Women and children?

And "getting off topic" I guess is how you change the subject when it highlights your shortcomings . . . like the "Whitewater" episode you so glibly skated away from. How many years, and how many millions of taxpayer dollars was that again?

Is is possible for you to consider that William the Great and the US State Department used Ahmed Chalabi to keep Saddam on his toes, make him a little more aware of international realities? And, (this is the big one, so get ready) do you really think William the Great would have invaded Iraq as your guy did . . . or would he have focused on Afghanistan, on OBL, and used our presence there to manipulate Saddam? Just a thought. Just curious to see how you'll respond.

It's okay that your guy did the "deer in the headlights" thing. Could happen to anybody . . . couldn't it?

by xeno:

'The greatest political mind of the century.'

I know you spent alot of time "inside", but Willy J.Clinton being referred to as "the best politician ever" isn't exactly a compliment. That's like calling Ted Bundy "the most cunning serial murderer ever".

'Do you really care about the personal morality of a president?'

You're absof*ckinglutely right I do!!!!!!!!!!

Arminius 7 years, 12 months ago

xenofelon:

"Yes, but William the Great was competent. He kicked your Republican asses - up, down, front to back, side to side - for years, and without even trying hard. And he was, is, undeniably brilliant. "

You know, you've said that nonsense before. Didn't they have CNN in the pen in 1994? How about 2000, when Clinton's heir apparent was defeated?

If you believe Clinton could kick ass, why didn't he kick Osama and al Qaeda even once in eight years? Imagine if Clinton & Co. had spent as much time and effort destroying al Qaeda as they did trying to destroy Kenneth W. Starr.

"Tell me truly, why do you guys hate William the Great so much? Never could understand that. Doesn't make sense."

There are many reasons to dislike Clinton. Here's the main one:

Arminius 7 years, 12 months ago

xenofelon:

"Hillary is, and has been, a success at almost everything she has taken on in life. Wife, mother, lawyer, advocate for the poor, homeless . . . those without health care."

Wife? Didn't you get CNN in the pen?

"Aren't you the one who suggested that we should've shot down the plane carrying him to Afghanistan? What about innocent passengers and crew?"

Many of those passengers were terrorists, grew up to be terrorists, or have given birth to future terrorists. It was a private flight with bin Laden, his family, and associates. You don't think it was a commercial airliner flying from Sudan to Afghanistan, do you?

"I'm surprised you had the temerity to even type the word "Whitewater" on your keyboard. How many years, how many millions of public dollars, went to the "investigation," - and to what effect? Besides demonstrating what sleazy low-lifes Republicans truly are."

That wasn't my point. My point was that it was a failed land deal. I was discussing Hillary's many failures--you've gotten off topic.

And sleazy low-lifes? The Clintons were really involved with some high-class folks on that Whitewater deal, weren't they?

"Ahmed Chalabi? C'mon, Arminitwit. I expect better of you than this. Do you understand anything at all about how international politics differs from domestic?"

I have a much greater understanding than some loser in a prison cell. Tell us why Clinton and his buddy Chalabi couldn't bring democracy to Iraq in three year's time. You said Clinton could do so in his sleep. That would take about 7-8 hours, not three years. (Although some would argue that Clinton was asleep for eight years.)

"And GWB is not my president."

That would only be true if you are not a U.S. citizen. The candidate with a majority of electoral votes becomes OUR president. That was the case with Clinton in '92 and '96, and it is still the case with Bush in '00 and '04.

"Didn't you see Fahrenheit 911, when GWB was advised that we were under attack? That glazed, lost look in his eyes?"

And John Kerry admitted on Larry King that he was unable to think for at least 45 minutes after the WTC was attacked. You moonbats point to that ridiculous Michael Moore movie, but challenged to offer what should have been done while in that classroom, none of you moonbats has an answer.

You don't have much to offer here, xenofelon. But at least holygrailails has someone to defend her. I guess a low-life is better than nothing--barely.

xenophonschild 7 years, 12 months ago

Wrongtinkle:

Yes, but William the Great was competent. He kicked your Republican asses - up, down, front to back, side to side - for years, and without even trying hard. And he was, is, undeniably brilliant. The greatest political mind of the century. When he went into briefings, he didn't need to be told what to think or what to do - he already knew more than anyone else in the room. Can your boy say that?

Do you really care about the personal morality of a president? The challenges they face, the level of competence they must demonstrate, makes personal morality almost irrelevant, like their shoe size.

rightthinker 7 years, 12 months ago

"Low-life" is prez (Willy J. Clinton), paying nearly a $800k in out of court settlement for sexual battery because he had so many other scandals, lawsuits, accusations and pending cases that he couldn't keep his head above water.....and Moanica couldn't keep her's above the desk.

xenophonschild 7 years, 12 months ago

Arminitwit:

I wondered when we'd hear bleating from your end of the sheep-pen.

Hillary is, and has been, a success at almost everything she has taken on in life. Wife, mother, lawyer, advocate for the poor, homeless . . . those without health care. She is now an extremely popular, successful junior senator from New York; in a few years, she will be the first female president of the United States.

I suggest you go to your bogus web site, the one that tapped into Clinton's press apparatus, and ask him why he didn't capture OBL. Aren't you the one who suggested that we should've shot down the plane carrying him to Afghanistan? What about innocent passengers and crew?

Ahmed Chalabi? C'mon, Arminitwit. I expect better of you than this. Do you understand anything at all about how international politics differs from domestic? Despite all my hopes, it seems holygrailale is right about you.

And GWB is not my president. Wouldn't claim him, and can't understand why or how any rational person would. Didn't you see Fahrenheit 911, when GWB was advised that we were under attack? That glazed, lost look in his eyes? I could give you some examples from my nefarious past, but you wouldn't understand; suffice to say, guys who react like that cannot be depended on to do what's right. If me or mine had acted like that, we'd be dead. Karl Rove quickly put things in order, but Karl Rove's not the guy.

Like I mentioned earlier, find a decent moderate Republican to give your loyalty to - someone who deserves it - and put the memory of this guy along with Milliard Fillmore and Warren G. Harding.

rightthinker 7 years, 12 months ago

Christians have much more refined technology so therefore, xeno and drewdun, it will be a very difficult task to rid the world of them. They used to ride camels and eat with their fingers and beat their women even I suppose, but for some reason, the white male embraced the religion, refined it quite a bit and it's come a long, long way baby.

conservativeman 7 years, 12 months ago

Chalabi, thanks, I haven't heard that name in a while. He was Bill's boy, wasn't he.

"There is good news tonight for Ahmed Chalabi. It turns out that all along he was providing accurate, truthful, helpful information. Unfortunately, it was to Iran." -Jon Stewart

Arminius 7 years, 12 months ago

XENOFELON:

"The Republicans can't do it; they can't even catch OBL, or that Jordanian puke Al Zarqawi."

If getting OBL were easy, why didn't Clinton get him?

conservativeman 7 years, 12 months ago

Christianity will be the last one standing. You do grasp it. The false religions will all fall away and Jesus will return. Thanks for the inspirational post Xeno.

God Bless You.

Arminius 7 years, 12 months ago

XENOFELON:

"Your dog cain't hunt. You conservative gentlemen overlook the place competence has in the scheme of things. If a liberal Democrat was incompetent, he/she would not have my, and I suspect most of my ideological colleagues, support."

How do you explain your support for Hillary?* She has failed at almost everything she has tried (e.g., education reform in Arkansas, socialized medicine, Whitewater, marriage, etc.).

"Your president is not competent. "

He's OUR president, just as Clinton was OUR president. That's how our system works. Then, again, I suppose you don't care much for the system.

"But I doubt it. Hillary will be able to do it; William the Great would have been able to do it in his sleep."

If that were the case, why did he fail to bring democracy to Iraq after he signed the Iraqi Liberation Act and teamed up with Ahmed Chalabi? That act was signed in 1998.

• Perhaps she reminds you of one of your fellow inmates?

xenophonschild 7 years, 12 months ago

drewdun:

Good work, but please understand the wonderful opportunity we have here. Iran bombs Israel; essentially, Islam and Judiasm will kill each other. That's two of the three old sky-god religions left reeling on the road to oblivion.

That leaves only Christianity, and we can then concentrate all our attention to limiting its effects on our society. Maybe, in our lifetimes, we will see the end of ignorant, religious superstitions.

That's something to stay alive for.

conservativeman 7 years, 12 months ago

HEY, We're getting off topic again. What is the topic, Iran and nukes! Iran is threatening Israel and the US is threatening Iran. France's president has threatened to use nukes against anyone that nukes them, which probably includes the sissified germans. So the story goes that because Iran is threatening Israel we, the USA are bullies. That's logic??? But does anyone care about Israel?

take this classic joke for example....and remember ITS A JOKE!!!!

guy#1: I can prove to you that nobody cares about the jews

guy#2: How?

guy#1: Hey did you hear the Nazi regime killed over 6 million jews and 10 clowns?

guy#2: Why the 10 clowns?

guy#1: See nobody gives a sh*t about the jews

rightthinker 7 years, 12 months ago

Hey drewdun, if you so say so, OK.

drewdun 7 years, 12 months ago

Let me clarify before the bots jump all over it - yes W served (with many questions still remaining about his service record). F@ck off.

drewdun 7 years, 12 months ago

rightthinker

more in-depth insight and analysis PLEASE!

Let's play a little game. Its called URFASCIST world vs. (Reality world). Here we go...

We all know Democrats went along with the war in Iraq - see rt's post above. (133 Dems voted against in the House, 23 in the Senate).

We on the right are such good Christians and human beings. We are the ones rooted in reality while it is the 'looney left' that is disconnected. ("We have millions of tons of Nerve agent we're spending billions on to safely destroy. We can safely dispose of it in Iran, solve the whacko islamo problem, and keep all the oil infrastructure in place" - Conservativeman comment above)

All of us Super-Patriot hyper-Christian fantastic human beings with such awesome understanding of world affairs and attitudes on the right have served. (W - no; Cheney - no; Rumsfeld - no; Wolfowitz - no; Frist - no; DeLay - no; Limbaugh - no; O'Reilly - no; Brit Hume - no; Chambliss - no (and he called his quadraplegic veteran opponent a terrorist); Cavuto- no; Savage - no; Liddy - served (time in prison); etc. (The list of chickenhawk right wingers is endless).

The thing with the wingnuts is that they are beyond hope. Their programming is foolproof (literally). Its funny to watch them bloviate on tv and here on LJW.com as they obviously have so little power and so much anger built up. Watching them fall over themselves to see who can come up with the most irrelevant piece of GOP talking-point trash, while ignoring the fact that it is THEIR TEAM IN POWER F@CKING EVERYTHING UP. They (URFASCISTs) are utterly disconnected from any semblance of reality and arguing with them is like arguing with a brick wall. Facts, figures, and insight that contradicts their 'training' is immediately disregarded as 'liberal' or 'terrorist' or 'gay' or whatever the scapegoat-du-jour is for their extremist ideology and party. They are truly bottom feeders of society, and deserve absolutely no respect, as they give none to anyone who doesn't blindly swallow their fantastical and ridiculous steady stream of propaganda and falsehoods. They prove exactly how gullible and easily manipulated they are EVERY TIME THEY OPEN THEIR MOUTHS.

And while it may be a URFASCIST wet dream to bomb and nuke and kill others who have not attacked us and to belittle and destroy a religion with over a billion adherents, those of us in the reality-based community WILL NOT LET THAT HAPPEN. TRY US, MOTHERF@CKERS

rightthinker 7 years, 12 months ago

McKinney----there must be an Irish in the woodpile somewhere!!

Mostly Scottish/German.....good warrior stock.

xenophonschild 7 years, 12 months ago

Wrongtinkle:

Your president is not competent. Incredibly, he still might be able to pull this mess off; the jury is still out. By some miracle, if democracy does take root in Iraq, and the Sunnis and Shiites don't try to kill each other, and fundamentalist Islam doesn't poison the rest of the Muslim world, and we don't overspend ourselves into bankruptcy, why . . . he just might pull it off.

Find a competent, moderate Republican to give your loyalty to. In his own vernacular, GWB is a "dry hole."

observer 7 years, 12 months ago

surprised with her level of political skills, w hasn't put her in his cabinet.

conservativeman 7 years, 12 months ago

McKinney is a Scottish name, I don't think it's Irish.

Early footage of McKinney's participation on "Smackfest" http://www.xhollywood.com/members/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=168

observer 7 years, 12 months ago

Have always felt there was little difference in parties. voted republiacn always till this poor excuse for a politician came along. sadder still are those who worship him and can't see his total incompetence and what he's doing to our country.

Lepanto1571 7 years, 12 months ago

Xenophon: "Islam is the enemy."

No argument here friend, but what's with the fear of the overclass stating this truth as opposed to whitewashing it in "peaceful but hijacked."

Observer,

Still out hating Bush? When are you going to learn that there is no substantial difference between candidates in our dual party monopoly. I sure can't tell the difference any longer.

I figured you'd love Bush, he spends like a sailor on shore leave.

xenophonschild 7 years, 12 months ago

Wrongtinkle:

Hold on there, amigo! Why the slam against the Irish? Could it be because you are the progeny of generations of bad-teeth, bad-food, awful weather, limey tea-drinkers?

Whoa! Whoa! Whoaaaaaa!!

Xeno, what if GWB does this w/ in the 2.5 years should Iran let loose?? Different story; different situation---right?

This is the kind of bullsh*t I see from the left....it's just too much for me to bear sometimes.

xenophonschild 7 years, 12 months ago

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but we no longer have the ability to produce nuclear weapons . . . nor are we able to certify that the weapons we have still work.

They are able to run computer programs demonstrating that our nuclear stockpile is still viable, but there's always that smidgeon of doubt.

rightthinker 7 years, 12 months ago

Cons. man---Dems worked 'round the clock to manage the Cynthia McKidnme debacle.

How in the hell did this ever lovin' joke actually get a seat in Congress? Oh, I forgot....she's a black female who can get all down with her bad self, aiight??!!

The Indians say only thru pain comes true wisdom....I say vote McKidnme in as prez, force us down to the bottom and let us start all over again, free of liberals and all of their idiotic crap.

A "colonic rinse" of sorts if you will. What a piece of garbage she is...is she part Irish BTW?

billyflay 7 years, 12 months ago

"nuke" is a, how does the liberal intellectual say it, "cliche"

over analizing the challenge is only going to get me killed,

i am on the side of evolutionists on this one, eat or be eaten,

besides we need to see if we really have these new fangled weapons of mass destruction, who knows, maybe we are being lied to..

conservativeman 7 years, 12 months ago

Xeno, Hillary is not Xena the warrior princess. She won't get elected. It's going to be Condi Rice against Cynthia McKinney, now that would be a RACE. Condi 70%, what a mandate. Colin Powell could toss his hat into the ring and we've always got Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson as standby's for the VP nomination. Black minority rule. Then I could complain and riot about misrepresentation and minority tyranny. Burn down KCK in protest against "the man".

You are correct in that Islam is the enemy.

xenophonschild 7 years, 12 months ago

We need Hillary to kill Islam. The Republicans can't do it; they can't even catch OBL, or that Jordanian puke Al Zarqawi.

When she takes office, no one will expect her to take a hard position against "rogue" nations, at least not immediately. The Iranians will probably bomb Tel Aviv, or Haifa, soon after she's inaugurated; that will provide her the opportunity to destroy Islam once and for all.

That may sound a trifle far-fetched, but it's probably close to what will actually happen. Islam is the enemy.

observer 7 years, 12 months ago

hey, i firmly believe my dog would be an improvement over w.

observer 7 years, 12 months ago

con-man, bet she would be an improvement.

Eureka!!!

The answer to all our problems has been right in front of us. Cynthia McKinney!!!

She'll beat the UN like a capital hill policeman She speaks on a hot microphone like Ron Reagan Israel won't be a problem anymore because she hates jews. She'll satisfy any affirmative action rules in government for at least four years. I mean, a female, black president counts for at least 1000 minority token hiring requirements. Another Georgia Democrat in the white house, Jimmy C did a great job with Iran. Racial divides will vanish as she will no longer be allowed to use the race card, (She would become "the man") Wouldn't have to worry about any sexual antics in the whitehouse, (I hope not, TMI) Those are just some benefits and it only took a few seconds. She'll do great!

observer 7 years, 12 months ago

instead of idiot idea of billy flake, why not a couple of nukes on crawford and the undisclosed secret location. would go a long way towards solving our problems. i know, now i'll be considered a threat to w. no problem, i'm not advocating stupid actions in the manner of the right wing nutcases like billy. I have too much faith in our countries ability to recover from polictical incompetence. w'e so stupid, he'll be out of office before major damage gets done.I hope.

Billy, Billy, Billy

If the house is infested with cockroaches do you burn it down? Of course not, you gas it. We don't need to go in there and blow/burn everything up. We have millions of tons of Nerve agent we're spending billions on to safely destroy. We can safely dispose of it in Iran, solve the whacko islamo problem, and keep all the oil infrastructure in place. The stuff will dissipate in a few hours.

Thanks, Conservativeman (aka Omegaman)

rightthinker 7 years, 12 months ago

The liberal elite media reported, at least passively supported (in rhetoric of course) the Iraq debacle, ie, Saddam/WMD's/Saddam violating sanctions etc etc. The Dems went along. The elite liberal media at best had no opinion..."just the facts ma'am" reporting. We all know what has ensued since, so I'll skip that part.

Now, fast forward 3 plus years and here we are facing Iran and again, here is the elite liberal media, it's pundits and of course, the Dems on Capital Hill all basically on one level or another, expressing concern and worry about Irans' intentions, proclamations, threats etc etc. Again, they are at best really expressing no strong opinion AGAINST action, whatever that may be, toward Iran.

NOW, w a t c h a n d s e e w h a t h a p p e n s----

Should GWB have to lower the boom.

Liberals will come out of their god d*mn seats in about five seconds.

LIBERALS ARE NOT CONCERNED WITH OUR SAFETY AND WORLD PEACE---BEING THE HYPOCRITS THAT THEY ARE!!!

They only want to win back some power...since they have none at this time, 'cept to take GWB' numbers lower and lower with the constant hammering of every single thing he does, complete with lies, propaganda and spin. It is truly sickening. In the event we faulter under Democratic rule and the attacks begin again-----I promise you will see America rise up like nothing ever seen before. Liberals are bad for America.

drewdun 7 years, 12 months ago

Almost forgot to mention, United Republican Front Against Satanic-Communo-Islamo-Socialist Terrorism (URFASCIST) Dear Leader's poll numbers just hit 32%. We need to either eliminate or reeducate the tiny minority of terrorist-sympathizers that stand in the way of our national DESTINY. Personally, I'm tired of this small but vocal minority of 60% of unAmerican backstabbing traitors always using their power as liberal elites to thwart the will of our Dear Leader.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! We have given these New York Times reading, critical thinking faculty utilizing, latte sipping life-haters too much leeway already. They have already caused gas to rise 100% in three years! They have caused the largest deficit in American history! If we let them bring down one of the finest men to ever grace the planet, God will punish our fine nation. Therefore, I propose that URFASCISTs undertakes an effort to discredit the polls, which are obviously fake forgeries sponsored by America-hating terrorism-loving elite liberal press types. If this does not work, we'll just have to use the full extent of democracy to make sure we win in November to prevent the Socialo-Communo-Islamo Satanic Atheist Democrat Party from taking power. Things like jamming their phone lines on election day. Here's a link to show us how this is done.

We will also need to make sure that areas full of Super-Patriot Jesus loving URFASCIST types have an abundance of voting machines while the unAmerican Communo-Liberal-Atheistic Areas (plus areas where the Brown People live) have next to none, resulting in hours long lines to vote. We have done this before and we can do it again, by God, because we are doing this for God, Jesus, America, Dear Leader, limited government, expanded surveillance, less tolerance for those who are out of the mainstream (that includes the tiny minority of 60% Communo-Islamo-Satanic-Democratic Terrorists against Fearless Leader) and more FREEDOM, AMERICAN STYLE, FOR EVERYONE!

America America uber alles

xenophonschild 7 years, 12 months ago

A veritable smorgasbord of conservative knashing and thumping. Too bad most of you don't pay closer attention to what to articles was about . . . and what it overlooks.

Does anyone believe that the Iranians are NOT rushing pell-mell to develop nuclear weapons? I believe they are, not the least because their oft-stated rationale for developing nuclear power - civilian use - doesn't jibe with their massive oil deposits.

When they do obtain nuclear weapons capabilities, do any of you seriously doubt that they will NOT detonate nuclear weapons in Israel? Iran is a theocracy; their leaders are fundamentalist Islamic radicals who believe, literally, in their religion's admonishment to "punish infidels."

We often cannot grasp here just how thoroughly Muslims hate Israel, and us, and how joyously a nuclear attack on Israel will be received.

So, down the road, sooner or later, an Iranian nuclear weapon will be detonated in an Israeli city.

What should we do then? What should an American president do? In the past, I've posted about a radioactive ribbon of glass stretching from Morocco to the farthest reaches of Muslim Borneo, but was completely ignored. Islam is the enemy . . . and I'm a liberal Democrat.

billyflay 7 years, 12 months ago

monkeys!? i would say that i am closer to the "silver back" than a monkey,

does anyone know when we start bombing iran?

talk is cheap, people get complacent after awhile, i think that a couple of nukes over tehran is just what the doctor ordered,

so what if it vaporizes a few million humans, we will still have billions left,

my only concern is the oil, how soon will we be able to extract it?

drewdun 7 years, 12 months ago

Man, rightthinker you are on a ROLL today. Keep up the good work buddy. Us selfish God-hating America-hating baby-hating freedom-hating terrorist-loving satan-worshipping atheist communist (I like to call it Islamo-satanic-atheistic-communofascism myself) liberals could use a good lesson from a SUPER-PATRIOT like yourself, old sport! I mean, the last decade or so of liberal elite rule has definitely put the country on the wrong track. Its gonna take strong men with level heads and pure hearts to fix the mess these damn liberals made. Men like you, conservativeman, lepanto, Arminius, jamesaust, and, most importantly, our Fearless Leader and his glorious followers in God's Own Party. Teach us your ways, o wise one! Lead and we will follow!

America America uber alles

unconservitiveperson 7 years, 12 months ago

I see there are still some who refuse to see that others are more intelligent than themselves. I see bush used simple brainwash tactics to scare you monkeys into voting for him..... REDTARDS.....

unconservitiveperson 7 years, 12 months ago

wrongthinka.... All muscle with NO brains..... Oh, did you "serve".....?? I would guess not!!!

by merrill:

Now on a more serious note: you said

'Now we have Bush mini wars scattered about.'

What mini wars, merrill?

'BTW why is this administration afraid of congressional oversight? What are they hiding? Could it be the truth behind 9/11/01?'

Merrill, see a doctor and try to get on some lithium if you know whats' good for you.

Unconcho:

Yo! Sheeet! That chronic you be smokin got you trippin!!

Sheeeet! I give yo' ass 50.....dig! Sheeeet!

This bad white boy be weighin' 225, bench 300 an' sheeeet! You be talkin' 'bout cap cap cap!!

Dis bad cracker be a crack shot wif my piece....sheeeet!

Yo! Time comes ya'll homeys betta be watchin' yo dome....sheeeet!

unconservitiveperson 7 years, 12 months ago

OH- and lepper1571 and Cman.... It is you that should thank the tax payers for the free ride you got on all of us!!! Your welcome!!!!! Now- get down and give me 25..... Private....whats your name????

unconservitiveperson 7 years, 12 months ago

wrongthinka says.....

whoa!!!! As I read it, you can't to KILL librals, or anyone your redneck church [crutch for the weak minded~!!] tells you are evil.....Hate hate hate.... No, it is you that should be exacuted!! gangsta style cap cap cap.....

8string2 7 years, 12 months ago

Conservativeman as much as it pains me to admit it you're right in this case. I was there in until July '04 not '05 as I indicated. I do appreciate your rational questioning of my dates rather than being reactionary. I'm sure this will be fodder for all of those who think I'm lying and so be it. As I said what you guys think of me doesn't matter.

Lepanto1571 7 years, 12 months ago

C-Man,

Thanks for YOUR service.

Heartstrings isn't for real. Soldiers can spot soldiers a mile away.

And you sir, are a soldier!

44 years between us, but I'm sure we have no idea what we're talking about.

Seems to be another imposter has attempted to infiltrate and even if he can prove his service, his credibility has now been "wounded."

Richard Heckler 7 years, 12 months ago

rightthinker,

This sounds a bit dangerous with Bush,Rummy, Cheney and Condi calling the shots. Now we have Bush mini wars scattered about.

This new Rummy deal is probaly more bogus press pretending to be on the terrorists trail while in truth being bogged down in Iraq while Al qaeda flourishes. These guys are down and out trying to bring the popularity numbers up. True republicans want this administration gone ASAP.

conservativeman 7 years, 12 months ago

Lepanto, Thanks, 23 years of service, from the 7th ID (Light) to 2nd ID with 1-5 Inf (Buffalos), DMZ and 1-23 (Tomohawks). The Big Red One and 1st AD. Seen a lot and left a lot. Like you I've known some interesting characters that got wounded, none carried an attitude. Sounds like another Prof. Remember when he said he was in the 1st Cav in vietnam and we found out he was only 9 years old during the battle he said he was in.

Stinky, If you served you should seek VA help for your anger.

Lepanto1571 7 years, 12 months ago

Heart strings: "You might take a hint from Lepanto."

What hint might that be?

Is this an indication that you've instructed me what life's all about?

Better think again slick.

We haven't even gotten started my friend! We'll know soon enough if you're the real deal.

Arminius 7 years, 12 months ago

8string2:

"You might take a hint from Lepanto. Also, my conservative friend I guarantee you there is a huge difference between being unhappy and getting blown up."

The reason they're unhappy is because they know a North Korean assault across the DMZ would take many of them out before we couild respond. That was true in 1983, 1993, and 2003. If you understood that you wouldn't be so dismissive of those who serve in Korea.

Lepanto1571 7 years, 12 months ago

Boneheads? Wasn't a very sporting comment.

Bottom line is you got called on a fallacious statement.

Looks like you're still pissed off about your wounds if you really have been wounded. You did understand that was possible going in didn't you?

heartstrings: "I really don't know what you guys did in the military but I'm guessing you sat nice and safe stateside or maybe you went to Germany or Korea. Frankly, all your bluster and chest thumping doesn't impress me."

But I suppose your chest thumping is perfectly acceptable?

Again, more fallacy, youngster. You really should know you're audience before shooting off your mouth like a 6 year old. 21 years service, from 1st Ranger Battalion, to the 82d, command of two rifle companies, to 3 ID, 3 conflicts and a whole lotta mileage. I don't suffer fools lightly, especially those who think they know things they don't and have an air of doubt ringing in their posts.

You were awfully quick on the draw to tell us you were a wounded combat veteran. And I'll warrant I've known far more wounded youngsters than you, and the funny thing is, not a one has your $hitty attitude. They possess attitudes that humble all they come in contact with. You don't.

I personally don't think you're telling the truth.

Since you threw it out for all to read, let's hear the details of your incident.

conservativeman 7 years, 12 months ago

Stinky, 1st Cav wasn't in Iraq in Jul O5, TF 1-9 was back at Hood in April 05. In July the Division was reflagging as a Modular division. I may be wrong but the 1st Cav was in Baghdad from early 04 to April 05. 1/9 Cav is at Bliss now. So when were you there?

8string2 7 years, 12 months ago

You might take a hint from Lepanto. Also, my conservative friend I guarantee you there is a huge difference between being unhappy and getting blown up. Believe whatever you like about me I really don't care. I know what I've done and what I'm going through and what you think about me is irrelevant.

Arminius 7 years, 12 months ago

8string2:

"I really don't know what you guys did in the military but I'm guessing you sat nice and safe stateside or maybe you went to Germany or Korea."

I can't imagine any soldier considering duty at Camp Casey or Camp Liberty Bell in South Korea as a "nice and safe." I didn't meet a single happy soldier while I was there.

My guess is you're a moonbat trying to pass himself off as an Iraq veteran.

wonderhorse 7 years, 12 months ago

Served.

You can't "make" your kids serve, they either do or don't. I'm 5th generation military (my dad has all of our HONORABLE discharge papers framed on his wall), but my sons will or won't.

8string2 7 years, 12 months ago

I served with 1st Cavalry Division's 3rd Brigade Combat Team 1st Battalion - 9th Cav until I was wounded by an IED in July '05. I'm a lucky survivor I only lost part of a hand and one foot. For me life will go on, but I know a couple of people who made the ultimate sacrifice for boneheads like you. I really don't know what you guys did in the military but I'm guessing you sat nice and safe stateside or maybe you went to Germany or Korea. Frankly, all your bluster and chest thumping doesn't impress me.

Lepanto1571 7 years, 12 months ago

Heartstrings,

You really ought to be careful branding people with dismissives because you have the "impression" that since they talk a certain way, that they aren't, in fact, that way.

A little more heads up ball play, and not blindly following the neo-liberal playbook of smearing your opposition with contemptusous dismissiveness, and you probably won't get beaten on.

At least try to be funny (humorous liberal = oxymoron) and quite taking yourself so serious, because you feel inadequate for having not served, like other libs.

If you have served, you have my apologies in advance, and feel free to update us.

8stinks2,

Look outside, the sky is falling, hurry up now and tell everyone. Whoop whoop whoop!!

Stinks posted:

"But I guess when it actually comes down to risking your life you're probably planning on relying on someone else to do the job because that's the real conservative ethos."

Stinky, did you serve in the military? I know Lepanto, Arminius and I served. When you're too old for this war then the only thing left is to support the troops. It's called patriotism or conservative values. Libtards haven't grasped selfless service yet.

8string2 7 years, 12 months ago

Man, you conserative guys sure talk tough. I'm surprised you aren't over in Iraq right now backing up your ideology. But I guess when it actually comes down to risking your life you're probably planning on relying on someone else to do the job because that's the real conservative ethos.

cy cons. man:

'I'll take my rifle, ammo and go hunt fleshy headed mutants.'

There may possibly be a day when the mamby-pamby neo-lib, progressives will scurry out to their driveways, and start removing "Kerry-Edwards" or "Impeach Bush" bumper stickers off cars like scared little rabbits for fear people like you and me are now very, very pissed-off about the mess they've gotten us in. In this hypothetical apocalyptic world where it's every man for himself and noone is looking out for you anymore------except for "yourself", I would strongly recommend liberals conceal their political idealogies/leanings from me.

8string2 7 years, 12 months ago

I can't state publicly your domain. But I pretty sure you make it evident to most folks everytime you post.

8stinks2,

When that happens I'll change my profile to "Omegaman". I'll take my rifle, ammo and go hunt fleshy headed mutants. It'll be AWESOME!!!! I personally can't wait. Head shots are the only way to kill'em. Post appocalyptic America will be my domain!! Hail Omegaman!

Thanks, Conservativeman (for now)

paladin 7 years, 12 months ago

If America is destroyed any time soon, and I believe it will be, it will not be by Muslim terrorists, but by Americans themselves. By greed and moral corruption and closed-minded, radical thought and extremist beliefs of one sort or another. The enemy within.

8string2 7 years, 12 months ago

You know, when we are all dying from the delayed effects of the nuclear fallout from W's misadventures, I'm going to be laughing at you proponents of the nuclear option. Even thogh we might all die of brain cancer, yours will more resemble colon cancer.

by cons. man:

'There are no conservatives in france, only cheese eating surrender monkeys.'

Speaking of eating cheese (as if a conversation with or about liberals isn't cheesy enough) if peeps like hoygrail, observer , bozo, unconchobro, angstfilledatheist, merrill, xeno, and other far left posters got their way, we'd all be eating hummus and goat cheese with our dirty fingers and have lotsa-lotsa facial hair, oh, and callouses on our knees from praying to Allah 24/7.

Lepanto1571 7 years, 12 months ago

Of course I meant "your". My bad.

You not a point or anything Bozo, as far as I know.

conservativeman 7 years, 12 months ago

In frog, conservative means leftist socialist. In frog, liberal means hardcore communist. In Libtard, french means communist buddy.

There are no conservatives in france, only cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Lepanto1571 7 years, 12 months ago

My God, Mr. Douglas!

You have adopted an effete position of such proportions that it places you to the left of the French President.

Have you no shame sir?

Jamesaust 7 years, 12 months ago

"The fact that we would even consider using nuclear weapons boggles the mind."

I agree: this author has a boggled mind.

by cons. man:

'Why do you guys hate Freedom? Why do you continue to embrace communism?'

God, conservativeman, my one wish in this life would be to be smart enough answer that question; then solve the problem. It's absolutely beyond comprehension.

conservativeman 7 years, 12 months ago

The communist that wrote the story starts off with a red flag, EARTHDAY. What is earthday? Hmmmm, could it be Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov's Birthday. Why yes it is, good ole Supreme Soviet Vladimir Lenin. In 1970 when earthday was first celebrated in San Francisco why didn't they pick the first day of spring? Well because Vlad was born in 1870 and some hippy libtards wanted to celebrate their leaders 100th birthday. The Soviets celebrated May day with military parades of their mobile nuclear forces slowly driving past the Kremlin and red square. What a way to celebrate earth day. I imagine, like in the 70s when the anti-war movement worshipped Ho Chi Min, that todays Anti-war movement will honor the Prophet Moohammid's birthday 20 or 26 April 570, with a like holiday, perhaps they'll call it Global Tolerance day.

Joe, you missed the boat. Not a good letter to the editor. Why do you guys hate Freedom? Why do you continue to embrace communism?

rightthinker 7 years, 12 months ago

As nearly as I can tell, no thought, when dealing with liberals, can be completed or properly conveyed without the use of the word(s): hypocrite, hypocritical, hypocrisy.

So I thought if I'm going to have to use it, to review it's meaning and let everyone else review it's meaning.

hypocrite

n : a person who professes beliefs and opinions that he does not hold [syn: dissembler, phony, phoney, pretender]

The Hebrew word here rendered "hypocrite" rather means the "godless" or "profane," as it is rendered in Jer. 23:11, i.e., polluted with crimes.

Arminius 7 years, 12 months ago

I guess I missed soemthing here. I thought it was Iran that was threatening to use nukes and terrorism against Israel and the West. We state that we won't let that happen and some moonbat say's WE'RE the bully? Incredible. I guess we were also bully's when Iran held 52 Americans hostage for 444 days.

blessed3x 7 years, 12 months ago

Only a fool tells his enemies that he has taken options, whether military or political, off the table because their ramifications are too severe. The mere threat of an action may or may not be sufficient to force negotiations but a show of weakness will be certainly be met with failure, especially given the radicals we face.

President Clinton understood the threat of the use of force:

"The credible threat to use force, and when necessary, the actual use of force, is the surest way to contain Saddam's weapons of mass destruction program, curtail his aggression and prevent another Gulf War. "

EXTREMELY INTERESTING READ!! Please don't read this link if you are a liberal and don't support the war. The will NOT like the hypocrisy of your party and it's head deity.

cons. man:

Barney, he was ambiguously gay...what a joke. Barney Frank is just gay, and he's always got that moist upper lip, yuk!!

Liberals like merrill are out there everywhere--that's the scary part. They'd prefer we roll over and take it from the murderous Arab element or whomever, just so happens Arabs come to mind real quick. They don't get it, won't get it--never.

THEY DON'T LIKE US. THEY WANT US DEAD. THEY DON'T CARE WHAT IT TAKES. THEY WILL KILL US IF WE DON'T KILL THEM. THEY DON'T CARE IF TAKES 2 DAYs, 2 WEEKS, 2 YEARS, 2 DECADES OR 2 CENTURIES.

The liberal anti-war crowd needs to wake up and get a hold on reality. Why do they not see this and use WMD's and Bush is a liar and Rummy is a warmonger and it's an illegal war and 2400 soldiers dead and we are an arrogant nation as cover for?

"We are too scared to defend ourselves and project that over to all other US citizens."

bankboy119 7 years, 12 months ago

"We were fortunate to avoid nuclear catastrophe in the conflict between India and Pakistan just a few years ago."

If I remember correctly...didn't Bush just say he was going to share nuclear technology with India last month? It's kind of hard to have avoided the end of the world a few years ago when India is just now receiving the technology.

I'm pretty sure Pakistan tested a weapon, but even then it was only last year.

Unconservativeperson, I don't believe they are saying that they like war, but that it is a necessary evil. Personally, I would much rather be at war than sitting here waiting for more terrorists to blow up the rest of the country. No one should "like" war.

conservativeman 7 years, 12 months ago

Rightthinker, Good points, it is unbelievable that some people think "Barney" will solve every problem.

I love you, You love me, Most of all we love Barney,

Not true, the libs love themselves most of all. Unless you count Barney as "Barney Frank" then they love him. Weird bunch those libtards?

by the author, Joe:

'......and paranoid attitude toward the rest of the world.'

Hmmmm, I wonder why?

by merrill:

'The secret forces are instructed to carry out clandestine military activities including hunting down wanted individuals, gathering intelligence, attacking sites believed to be terrorist training camps and partnering with foreign militaries.'

And this is a bad thing. People like you merrill make a person scratch their head in disbelief.

Richard Heckler 7 years, 12 months ago

Go Joe! Our president has military operations underway as of now with Special Forces and such picking targets.

Then Rummy orders this operation in such a manner that our elected officials have little to say. This president when gone should bring about changes in many areas in the event more maniacs find their way into the white house.

Rumsfeld OKs Expansion of SpecialOps Forces Across Globe Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld has approved plans to greatly expand the use of elite Special Operations forces to secretly take part in missions outside of war zones as part of the so-called war on terrorism. According to the Washington Post, the Pentagon has already dispatched teams of Army Green Berets and other Special Operations troops to U.S. embassies in about 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Latin America. The secret forces are instructed to carry out clandestine military activities including hunting down wanted individuals, gathering intelligence, attacking sites believed to be terrorist training camps and partnering with foreign militaries. The secret operations will be run off the books and largely free from Congressional oversight and legal restrictions imposed on the C.I.A.