Archive for Sunday, April 2, 2006

Coalition members up for re-election

April 2, 2006

What the future holds for the Progressive Lawrence Campaign will be decided in about a year.

April 2007 is when the next City Commission election will be held, and all three PLC commissioners are up for re-election. This week, all three said they had not decided whether they would run again.

"I'm unwilling to commit to a decision at this point, but I still feel there is a lot of work to be done," City Commissioner Mike Rundle said. "I think we can leave a mark on this community that hopefully will live long after we've been in office. I think it would be fun to be part of that."

Commissioner David Schauner said he was more focused on gearing up for the next city budget process than weighing whether he would run again. Mayor Boog Highberger said he wouldn't decide for several more months.

Schauner, Highberger and Rundle came into office together as part of the 2003 election, the first for the Progressive Lawrence Campaign. Schauner, as the third-place finisher, received only a two-year term.

He received another two-year term in 2005 when he narrowly finished in third place.

Candidates not affiliated with the PLC won the other two seats up for grabs on the commission in 2005.

Comments

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 8 years, 4 months ago

Well, if the progressives don't get re-elected to office, that will present a bit of a suicide quandry for you, Marion: Without them, you lose your main obsession in life.

But I have a feeling that you'll find another bogeyman in their stead.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 8 years, 4 months ago

"We?"

Which one of your personalities is the CEO of this collector of dossiers?

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 8 years, 4 months ago

Are all of you certain, or just some of you?

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 8 years, 4 months ago

Careful, there, Marion, you're getting further and further from implying the intent to commit violent acts, and closer to actually threatening them.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 8 years, 4 months ago

I never heard Spike Lee say that. If I belatedly disparage my old buddy Spike for saying that, will that absolve the entire left-wing cabal, or is there further penance required on my part? Do I need to disinvite Spike to my next tofu and cocktails party?

Please speak freely, Marion. I know you have a problem with your inhibitions. Or is it my prohibitions? I get those mixed up. Or is it you who gets those mixed up?

Oh, heck, whatever.

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 8 years, 4 months ago

Could you check the schedules for me, Marion? I'm a little busy right now.

Thanks,