Donations for displaced victims of Hurricane Katrina will be accepted Saturday by the United Methodist Campus Ministry at Kansas University.
Monetary donations and donations for health kits can be taken to First United Methodist Church, 946 Vt., from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Health kit items include hand towels, washcloths, bars of soap, toothbrushes, combs, fingernail clippers and bandages. The donations will be given to the United Methodist Committee on Relief.
Related content about the Hurricane Katrina aftermath
- 6News video: KU group makes toys for Katrina victims (02-12-06)
- 6News video: Group organizing trip to aid New Orleans hurricane victims (02-12-06)
- 6News Lawrence's complete Hurricane Katrina coverage »»
- Delayed response to disaster irks Lawrence native (03-06-06)
- Katrina underscores public's frustration with government (03-06-06)
- Video: Bush was warned before Katrina (03-02-06)
- Evacuees check out, protest as FEMA hotel deadline passes (03-02-06)
- Complete coverage of Hurricane Katrina »»
- Photo Gallery: Hurricane Helpers
- Photo Gallery: Hurricane Katrina
- On the Street: Do you think FEMA could handle an emergency if it happened here? (09-13-05)
- On the Street: What is your opinion of the president's response to the Hurricane Katrina emergency? (09-08-05)
- On the Street: What should people do locally to help hurricane victims? (09-02-05)