To the editor,
God gives some simple answers to the question asked by the person who wanted to know when someone of any age is ready for sex (Journal-World, Sept. 20). A sample of some of these answers from the New American Standard version of the Bible includes the following. All are intended to protect a person or marriage and to provide a marriage relationship that is based on God's standards of morality.
1. Genesis 2:24 - "For this cause, a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh."
2. Exodus 20:14 and 17 - "You shall not commit adultery" and "... you shall not covet your neighbor's wife."
3. Malachi 2:15 - "Take heed then, to your spirit, and let no one deal treacherously against the wife of your youth."
4. Matthew 5:28 - "But I say to you that every one who looks on a woman to lust for her has committed adultery with her already in his heart."
5. John 8:11 (concerning the woman caught in adultery) - "Neither do I condemn you; go your way; from now on sin no more."
6. I Corinthians 6:18 - "Flee from immorality."
7. Hebrews 13:4 - "Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled; for fornicators and adulterers God will judge."