It occurred to me it's neither the beach nor the sun, the fruity drinks nor the cool tropical vegetation, that makes Hawaii a special vacation destination.
It's the birds. No need to bring whatever the latest technology that's all the rage -- someone told me my transistor radio is outdated -- to listen to tunes. The birds supply the music. They chirp and whistle and hum tunes all day long at just the right volume.
The bird watching's fun, too. The one I'm looking at right now has a yellow beak. That's all for now. Time to head to the gymnasium for some hoops.
- 6Sports video: Kansas comeback comes up short (11-22-05)
- Hear Bill: Arizona postgame comments
- Photo Gallery: Crimson and Blue Hawaii
- Get the stats: KU vs. Arizona box score
- Trouble in paradise (11-22-05)
- Keegan: Wildcats' pressure wilts KU (11-22-05)
- Wildcats bemoan offensive impatience (11-22-05)
- Cramps strike KU's Hawkins (11-22-05)
- Postcard from paradise: Tom Keegan (11-22-05)
- Postcard from paradise: Gary Bedore (11-22-05)
- Notebook (11-22-05)
- Gonzaga finally settles down (11-22-05)
- Kansas roster and bios
- KU basketball schedule
- Sign up for cell phone updates
- Sign up for e-mail updates