Law enforcement report
Lawrence Police said Tuesday that in the past 24 hours they'd handled:
- 203 calls
- 28 reports
- One burglary
- Three thefts
- 13 noninjury accidents
- Two injury accidents
- A pedestrian suffered injuries Sunday in a hit-and-run wreck near Eighth and New Hampshire streets. Daisy DeKnight, 22, was walking across New Hampshire about 1 a.m. Sunday when an unidentified northbound vehicle hit her and sped off. She was taken by ambulance to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, where she was treated and released.
- Another pedestrian-car accident happened about 10 a.m. Friday when Merrill F. Alley, 18, was walking across Massachusetts Street. According to a police report, she walked into the side of a northbound van driven by 69-year-old Andrew C. Siler. Police cited Alley for being a pedestrian in the roadway, according to a report. She was taken by ambulance to Lawrence Memorial Hospital, where she was treated and released.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- A 76-year-old reported $1,917 in golf clubs and equipment taken between Aug. 31 and Sept. 3 from the 1800 block of Crossgate Drive.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke detector malfunction, 11:23 a.m. Monday, 1603 W. 15th St.
- False alarm, 7:02 p.m. Monday, 213 Walden Court.