Law enforcement report
- A Lawrence resident was the victim of game-day arson Saturday when someone burned his Kansas State University flag. The crime happened between 7:30 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. Saturday in the 5000 block of Congressional Way, according to a report. The flag was valued at $50.
Lawrence Police issued the following report of police activity during the weekend:
- 256 calls
- 35 reports
- eight burglaries
- two thefts
- two noninjury accidents
- 367 calls
- 53 reports
- two burglaries
- three thefts
- nine noninjury accidents
- 248 calls
- 33 reports
- three burglaries
- five thefts
- 23 noninjury accidents
- six injury accidents
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Someone vandalized a 2002 GMC pickup truck Oct. 4 in the 2600 block of Belle Haven Drive and caused $1,000 in damage, according to a report.
- A 2002 Chevrolet Silverado valued at $20,000 was stolen between 7:30 p.m. and 9:40 p.m. Friday from the 600 block of North Street, according to a report. It also contained nearly $10,000 in tools and other equipment.
- A 1991 Chevrolet Impala worth $1,500 was reported stolen between 1 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. Saturday from the 500 block of Fireside Drive.
- Someone stole miscellaneous jewelry between 4 p.m. and 8:50 p.m. Friday from the 1000 block of Iowa Street. Total loss, including damage to windows, was $1,900.
- A 54-year-old Lawrence man's 1985 Mazda 626, valued at $1,500, disappeared between 6 p.m. Oct. 3 and 6:11 p.m. Thursday from the 900 block of Connecticut Street.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke detector malfunction, 9:22 p.m. Sunday, 2204 Princeton Blvd.
- Fire call, canceled, 6:17 p.m. Sunday, 1520 Foxfire Drive.
- Smoke scare, 4:37 p.m. Sunday, 720 E. 23rd St.
- Vehicle fire, 3:59 p.m. Sunday, 1700 Harper St.
- False call, 1:45 a.m. Sunday, 1439 Tenn.
- Outside trash fire, 1:37 a.m. Sunday, 1324 Ohio.
- Outside trash fire, 1:03 a.m. Sunday, 1320 Ohio.
- False alarm, 12:52 a.m. Sunday, 1439 Tenn.