Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Passenger vehicle fire, burning leaves in vent system, 10:42 p.m. Wednesday, Sixth Street and Kasold Drive.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 10:07 p.m. Wednesday, 1800 Engel Road.
- Fire call, canceled, 12:49 p.m. Wednesday, 2400 Kresge Road.
- Fire call, canceled, 10:18 a.m. Wednesday, 1734 Engel Road.
Lawrence Humane Society
Stray dogs reported
- Dachshund, black and tan, no collar, male, 3-5 years.
- Black Lab, male, no collar, 1-2 years.
- Great Dane/mastiff mix, black and white, no collar, female, 3-4 months.
- Husky, white and black, red collar, female, 8 or more years.