Law enforcement report
- Two pit bulls roamed onto private property Dec. 7 in the 1200 section of North 1100 Road and attacked and killed two 6-month-old pygmy goats named Salt and Pepper, according to a sheriff's report. Another goat was injured. The goats' owners said they contacted the owner of the dogs and he told them he'd put the dogs to sleep.
- Officials at Southwest Junior High School, 2511 Inverness Drive, filed a police report Friday after two seventh-grade boys were caught fighting. The boys, who were not injured, were suspended.
- A 56-year-old Baldwin woman suffered injuries Saturday in a wreck on East 2200 Road near North 1150 Road. Bonnie Morse told officials she lost control of her 1998 Mercury Mystique and went off the west side of the road about 2:10 p.m. An ambulance took her to Lawrence Memorial Hospital for treatment.
- An Ottawa woman was injured in an accident reported at 3:38 p.m. Monday on Kansas Highway 68 just east of Pomona in Franklin County. Megan J. Mastel, 25, was taken by ambulance to Ransom Memorial Hospital in Ottawa. Her condition wasn't available.
According to the Kansas Highway Patrol, the 1994 Nissan Altima that Mastel was driving was eastbound on K-68 when it left the roadway, went into the north ditch, struck a field drive and went into the air before stopping in the field.
Burglaries and thefts reported
- An IBM ThinkPad laptop computer valued at $2,400 disappeared between 10 p.m. Thursday and 6:30 a.m. Friday from L.G. Barcus & Sons, 900 Wellington Road.
- A 20-year-old Kansas University student's $1,500 Cannondale mountain bike was stolen between 5 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday from an apartment in the 1300 block of Ohio Street.
- A 23-year-old Lawrence man told police someone stole his $5,000 Honda Accord between 3:30 p.m. and 5 p.m. Thursday from the 700 block of West Sixth Street.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- False alarm, 8:01 p.m. Sunday, 2350 Ridge Court.
- Apartment couch fire, 5:42 p.m. Sunday, 1301 W. 24th St.
- Shed fire, 4:02 p.m. Sunday, 133 Perry St.
- Malicious false call, 5:33 a.m. Sunday, 155 Indian Ave.