Five new members have recently joined the Lawrence Memorial Hospital Endowment Assn.'s Board of Directors.
The new members are Bev Smith-Billings, Justin Cordova, Dr. Scott Robinson, Deanell Tacha and Stan Zaremba.
Current board members are John Nitcher, president; Connie Sollars, vice president; Dr. Patricia Denning, secretary; Bob Georgeson, treasurer; Scot Buxton; Bill Lienhard; Stan Rolfe; James Schwartzburg; Pam Simons; Dr. Scott Thelman; Joe Flannery, LMH Board of Trustees liaison; and Gene Meyer, LMH president and chief executive officer.
- Smith-Billings is president of Alvamar Inc. and president/broker of Alvamar Realty Inc. She is a trustee for the Kansas University Endowment Association and serves on the KU Emily Taylor Women's Resource Center Advisory Board and Alvamar Board of Directors.
- Cordova and his wife, Loree, have two children, Michaela and Nicholas. Cordova works for Stephens Real Estate and is a residential broker. He is a member of the Lawrence Board of Realtors and will be a 2004 Leadership Lawrence graduate.
- Robinson and his wife, Linda, have two children, Bret and Erin. Robinson is president of Lawrence Emergency Medicine Associates. He is medical adviser for Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical and Premier Blue of Kansas, and a member of the Kansas Chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians. He is a 1996 Leadership Lawrence graduate.
- Deanell Tacha and her husband, John, have four children, John R., David, Sarah and Leah. Tacha is chief judge of the 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. She is involved with St. Paul's School of Theology in Kansas City, Mo., and the Kansas Health Foundation.
- Zaremba and his wife, Lois, have two children, Scott and Sandra. Zaremba is the CEO of Zarco Oil, a petroleum company. He is involved with the American Royal, Cosmopolitan Club, Saddle and Sirloin, the Kansas Department of Revenue and the Kansas Energy Council.