Advertisement

Archive for Thursday, November 13, 2003

Fumes lead to evacuation from law enforcement center

November 13, 2003

Advertisement

Employees working in the Douglas County Law Enforcement Center got a brief scare Thursday morning.

The building, at 111 E. 11th, was evacuated about 10:30 a.m. after a sensor in an air intake valve detected fumes.

Law enforcement officials said the fumes were believed to have been from construction equipment running near the air intake valve.

Employees were able to return to the building after about 20 minutes.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.