Law enforcement report
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Hazardous materials release investigation with no hazardous materials found, 6:01 p.m. Wednesday, 2333 Ridge Court.
- Gasoline or other flammable liquid spill, 3:45 p.m. Wednesday, 3833 Greenway Drive.
- Smoke scare, odor of smoke, 3:19 p.m. Wednesday, 1900 W. 31st St.
- Unintentional sprinkler activation, no fire, 10:45 a.m. Wednesday, 4931 W. Sixth St.
- Dispatched fire incident, canceled en route, 9:52 a.m. Wednesday, 4931 W. Sixth St.
- Passenger vehicle fire, 8:20 a.m. Wednesday, 1700 Ohio.
- Alarm system sounded due to malfunction, 7:43 a.m. Wednesday, 2424 Melrose Lane.
- Building fire, 3:31 a.m. Wednesday, 1205 Oread Ave.
- Smoke detector activation due to malfunction, 2:40 a.m. Wednesday, 1602 Ky.
Lawrence Humane Society
Dogs brought to shelter
- Collie shepherd mix, female, 4 to 5 years old.
- Yorkie, black and tan, male, 10 to 12 years old.
- Brittany mix, red, female, 2 to 3 years old.
- Great Pyrenees, white, male, 5 years old.
- Harrier, tricolor, male, 1 year old.
- Flat-coated retriever, black, male, 1 year old.
- Rottweiler shepherd mix, black and tan, female, 6 months old.