Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Overheating pump, 9:48 p.m. Wednesday, 2717 Ann Court.
- Fire call, canceled, 6:53 p.m. Wednesday, 1 Riverfront Plaza.
- Arcing, shorted electrical equipment, 6:51 p.m. Wednesday, 917 Holiday Drive.
- Alarm system malfunction, 4:56 p.m. Wednesday, 2099 Constant Ave.
- Alarm system malfunction, 4:48 p.m. Wednesday, 1 Riverfront Plaza.
- Fire call, canceled, 2:08 p.m. Wednesday, 1602 W. 15th St.
- Grass fire, 12:05 p.m. Wednesday, 3700 block of Greenway Circle.
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 1:40 a.m. Wednesday, 911 Mass.
Lawrence Humane Society
Dogs brought to shelter
- Chow, red, no other information available.
The Journal-World does not print accounts of all police reports filed. The newspaper generally reports:
- Burglaries, only with a loss of $1,000 or more, unless there are unusual circumstances. To protect victims, we generally don't identify them by name.
- The names and circumstances of people arrested, only after they are charged.
- Assaults and batteries, only if major injuries are reported.
- Holdups and robberies.