If you're still deciding on a major at Kansas University, the Freshman-Sophomore Advising Center, 126 Strong, provides the following tips:
- Spend some time reading the KU Undergraduate Catalog. Look at various majors' requirements and course descriptions. Browse the different professional school offerings.
- Talk to advisers, career counselors, faculty and friends in various majors. Gather lots of information.
- Visit the academic department or school you are interested in and talk with faculty.
- Visit Career Counseling and Planning Services, 2124 Watkins Health Center.
- Talk with a career counselor and check out resources on the majors or occupations you find interesting.
- Take career assessments and discover different interest areas or career themes.
- Take your general education courses seriously. Take a variety of courses in subjects that interest you to find out what areas motivate you and spark your enthusiasm. Think back on which courses you have really enjoyed and others you have not enjoyed.
- Take a class in a field that interests you. Ask faculty or advisers for guidance on which courses offer the best exploration opportunities.