Law enforcement report
Burglaries and thefts reported
- Lawrence Police are investigating a burglary to a residence in the 2100 block of Elmwood Street. It was reported by a 52-year-old man. The burglary occurred sometime between Nov. 24 and Nov. 27, police reported Tuesday. Someone pried open a rear window and took nearly $3,500 in electronics, computer equipment and clothing.
- A 27-year-old woman reported to Lawrence Police that more than $3,000 worth of personal property was taken in a burglary to her mobile home in the 2200 block of Harper Street. The theft occurred sometime Thursday. Taken were wedding rings for a man and a woman valued at $2,600.
- A Dodge Intrepid belonging to Lawrence Memorial Hospital was vandalized sometime Saturday night or Sunday morning while it was parked in the 300 block of Maine Street. Damage was listed at $1,500.
- A 23-year-old Lawrence man told police someone broke into his 1984 Saturn sometime Nov. 25 or Nov. 26 while it was parked in the 100 block of Indian Avenue, police reported Tuesday. A window was broken, and attempts were made to remove a stereo, causing damage to the dash. Damage to the car was listed at $1,580.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical reported the following responses:
- Smoke detector activation, no fire, 9:56 a.m. Monday, 3741 Greenway Circle.
- Fire call, canceled, 9:07 a.m. Monday, 2424 Melrose Lane.