Community Services / Seven Requirements for Application
All applications requesting assistance must satisfy seven (7) requirements:
- Reside within Douglas County
- Meet gross income guidelines based on current Federal Poverty Guidelines
- Provide proof of having paid on their primary fuel bill during the period of time for which assistance is being requested.
- Provide verifiable income information for the three months immediately preceding the date of application.
- Provide full and complete information required to determine eligibility during the application process.
- Provide a copy of any shutoff notice currently pending, if a gas company is the primary source of fuel.
- Apply in person, except in verifiable medical emergencies. In such circumstances, an agent may be designated by the applicant.