KU Crime Blotter: May 8-14
The following incidents were reported to the University of Kansas Office of Public Safety between Monday, May 8, and Sunday, May 14. Incidents are listed by date reported. This list may not include all crimes reported to police during the date range, as incidents occasionally are posted online longer than two days after being reported.
• Someone took items from a vehicle May 9 at Lot 57, 1100 block Fambrough Way. Loss was valued at $110.
• Someone stole a bike and lock between May 4 and May 12 at Daisy Hill Commons. Loss was valued at $810.
• Someone used another person’s bank card to make purchases on April 26 in the 900 block of Massachusetts Street. Loss was valued at $507.
• Criminal damage to property occurred May 11 or 12 at Jayhawker Towers, building C. Someone broke a wooden bed frame. Damage was estimated at $200.
• Someone cut a lock and stole a bike between April 14 and May 7 at Corbin Residence Hall. Loss was valued at $220. Damage was estimated at $30.
• Trespassing occurred about 2 a.m. May 10 at Memorial Stadium. Someone climbed into the stadium.
• Police found someone in possession of marijuana about 9:45 p.m. May 9 at Self Residence Hall. Someone was smoking marijuana, which set off a fire alarm.
• Criminal damage to property occurred between April 14 and May 9 at Jayhawker Towers Apartments. Someone sliced a duffle bag. Damage was estimated at $50.
• Trespassing occurred about 9:30 a.m. May 8 at Danforth Chapel. A banned person was seen on KU property.
• Someone stole a bicycle and lock May 7 at Templin Residence Hall. Loss was valued at $520.
Source: crimereports.com, KU Office of Public Safety
• I’m the Journal-World’s KU and higher ed reporter. See all the newspaper’s KU coverage here. Reach me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 832-7187, on Twitter @saramarieshep or via Facebook at Facebook.com/SaraShepherdNews.