Pinckney Elementary School accepting donations ahead of annual ‘Really BIG Sale’
The annual Pinckney Elementary “Really BIG Sale” is Saturday, and there are still a few more days left for those who’d like to donate items.
Donations of garage-sale-type items can be dropped off at the school each morning for the rest of this week, and all day on Friday (remember, there is no school for prekindergarten through eighth grade that day).
The sale is one of the Pinckney PTO’s main fundraising events of the school year, and proceeds benefit the organization.
The sale is open to the public and will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday in the gym at Pinckney, 810 W. Sixth St. The sale typically includes hundreds of items including clothes, toys, furniture, home goods, books and electronics, and all items are pre-priced.
In other news and notes
School district media alerts from Tuesday:
– A South Middle School parent called an ambulance to the school to examine a student who had complained about a possible medical issue. The ambulance did not transport.
– Liberty Memorial Central Middle School filed a police report after a student made a comment of a threatening nature toward a staff member. The student’s parents were notified and disciplinary action was initiated in accordance with board policy.
School district events for Wednesday:
– The last day of the Langston Hughes Elementary book fair is Wednesday.
– Wednesday and Thursday are online enrollment days for eighth-graders at Liberty Memorial Central Middle School.
– The Southwest Middle School site council meeting will be held Wednesday from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
– The Free State High School site council meeting is Wednesday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.
– The Lawrence High School winter orchestra concert will be held from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. in the auditorium.
Lunch menu options for Wednesday:
Elementary school level
Main dish: Corn dog; hummus with cheese and pita bread; peanut butter and jelly with string cheese; chef salad with breadstick
Sides: Green beans, applesauce, salad bar, milk
Middle school level
Main dish: Corn dog; hummus with cheese and pita bread; peanut butter and jelly with string cheese; chef salad with breadstick; hamburger; rice bowl
Sides: Green beans, applesauce, cream of broccoli soup, salad bar, fruit juice, tomato salsa, fresh fruit, milk
High school level
Main dish: Shepherd’s pie; corn dog; deli bar; pizza; cereal with string cheese; parfaits with muffin; grilled cheese; peanut butter and jelly with string cheese; hummus with cheese and pita bread; chef salad with breadstick; daily sandwiches
Sides: Green beans, salad bar, lemon-roasted carrots, applesauce, fresh fruit sorbet, fruit juice, over potatoes, creamy tomato soup, milk