House fire in Lawrence displaces 1, causes $35K in damages

A house fire Saturday morning displaced one resident and caused an estimated $35,000 in damages, according to Lawrence-Douglas County Fire Medical.

First responders were dispatched to a fire in the attic of a home at 719 Arizona St. at 9:35 a.m. Saturday, according to a department news release. Crews quickly brought the fire under control, and no one was injured as a result of it.

The fire was determined to be accidental, according to the release.

LDCFM Division Chief Lyle Schwartz said via email that the resident of the home will be displaced until repairs are made.


Welcome to the new Our old commenting system has been replaced with Facebook Comments. There is no longer a separate username and password login step. If you are already signed into Facebook within your browser, you will be able to comment. If you do not have a Facebook account and do not wish to create one, you will not be able to comment on stories.