Weather-related cancellations for Jan. 10-11
• All Lawrence school district activities scheduled after 5 p.m. Friday, Jan. 10, and all Saturday, Jan. 11, activities are canceled.
• McLouth public schools are closing early Friday, at 2:30 p.m. All afternoon and evening activities are canceled for Friday, and all activities are canceled for Saturday.
• The Kansas Judicial Center in Topeka closed at 1 p.m. Friday. All offices in the building, including the Office of Judicial Administration, Clerk of the Appellate Courts and the Reporter’s office, will be closed.
• Gov. Laura Kelly has ordered an early release of nonessential state employees in Shawnee County for Friday. State offices closed at noon.
• Watkins Health Services on the University of Kansas campus will be closed on Saturday.
• The KU Natural History Museum will close early Friday, at 4 p.m. Information about Saturday hours will be posted by 8 a.m. Saturday.
• The Lawrence Parks and Recreation Department has canceled all programming for Friday evening, beginning after 4:30 p.m. This includes all fitness classes, adult sports, youth sports, aquatic classes, nature, lifelong, special populations and other programming offered by the department.
Parks and Recreation facilities will close at 6 p.m. Friday. This includes: the Community Building, 115 W. 11th St.; Holcom Park Recreation Center, 2700 W. 27th St.; East Lawrence Recreation Center, 1245 E. 15th St.; Sports Pavilion Lawrence, 100 Rock Chalk Lane; Lawrence Indoor Aquatic Center, 4706 Overland Drive, and Prairie Park Nature Center, 2700 W. 27th St.
A determination of a delayed opening for Saturday will be made later Friday evening.
• The Epiphany Party at Lawrence’s Trinity Episcopal Church Saturday has been canceled. In addition, John Bullock’s ordination to the priesthood has been moved from Saturday morning to Sunday morning, 10:30 a.m. at Grace Cathedral in Topeka.