Lawrence City Commission agenda set for Dec. 18 meeting
1. Approve City Commission meeting minutes from 12/11/18.
2. Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
3. Approve all claims. The list of claims will be posted by the Finance Department on Monday prior to the meeting. If Monday is a holiday, the claims will be posted as soon as possible the next business day.
4. Approve licenses as recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
5. Bid and purchase items:
a) Award Bid No. B1856 for one (1) Roll off container refuse truck for the Solid Waste Division, to Armor Equipment Company in the amount of $126,188.00, as part of the 2019 CIP (PW19SW4CIP) replacement schedule.
b) Authorize the City Manager to execute purchase orders not to exceed $200,000 for any individual pre-qualified plumbing contractor and $1,000,000 total for all plumbing contractors for 2019 private property inflow and infiltration repairs associated with the Rapid Inflow and Infiltration Reduction Program (CIP #UT9909).
6. Adopt Resolution No. 7277, authorizing the City to invest certain city funds in accordance with State Law governing the investment of public funds. Due to an administrative error in last week’s consent agenda item, staff is requesting to adopt this Resolution again.
7. Approve a request to rezone, Z-18-00481, approximately 1.6 acres from IL (Limited Industrial) District to IBP (Industrial/Business Park) District, located at 1314 Research Park Drive, and adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 9611. Initiated by City Commission on 11/6/18. (PC Item 6; approved 10-0 on 11/14/18)
8. Approve a Text Amendment, TA-18-00466, to the City of Lawrence Code, Chapters 18 & 20, regarding the use of synthetic turf, and adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 9612 and Ordinance No. 9616. Initiated by City Commission on 10/16/18. (PC Item 3; approved 9-1 on 11/14/18)
9. Approve a Comprehensive Plan Amendment, CPA-18-00365, to Horizon 2020, Chapter 14 Specific Plans, to amend the Southeast Area Plan to include the southeast corner of the intersection of E. 23rd Street and O’Connell Road related to development located at 2110, 2120 and 2130 Exchange Court, and adopt on first reading, Joint City Ordinance No. 9613/County Resolution No. ____. Submitted by CFS Engineers, for Eastside Acquisitions LLC, property owner of record. (PC Item 5A; approved 8-2 on 11/14/18)
10. Approve a request to rezone, Z-18-00364, approximately 4.31 acres from CO (Office Commercial) District to CN2 (Neighborhood Shopping Center) District [Original request was from CO (Office Commercial) District to CC200 (Community Commercial) District] excluding and prohibiting specific uses within the CC200 District, located at 2110, 2120 and 2130 Exchange Court and adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 9614. Submitted by CFS Engineers, for Eastside Acquisitions LLC, property owner of record. (PC Item 5B; approved 8-2 on 11/14/18)
11. Authorize the City Manager to enter into an agreement with US Bank for banking services for 2019. Staff Memo & Attachments
12. Authorize the City Manager to enter into an agreement with RSM US LLC to conduct the 2018 annual financial audit with an option to extend an additional three (3) years.
13. Receive the recommendations for 2018 Housing Trust Fund applications from the Affordable Housing Advisory Board. Direct staff to draft agreements with Tenants to Homeowners, Inc. and the Willow Domestic Violence Center, and Lawrence-Douglas County Housing Authority and Family Promise of Lawrence, in accordance with the recommendations by the Affordable Housing Advisory Board.
14. Authorize the City Manager to sign a letter agreement and any other necessary documents with Willdan Group, Inc. of Lawrence, Kansas enabling the City of Lawrence to participate in any tax savings enjoyed by Willdan Group, Inc. related to the design of various energy efficient projects for the City of Lawrence.
15. Authorize the addition of regular agenda items to the January 8, 2019 City Commission meeting.
16. Authorize the Mayor to sign the Subordination Agreement for Marily Mulingbayan, 3408 Sweet Grass Court.
1. Consider adopting Resolution No. 7276, finding it in the public interest to appropriate, through the exercise of eminent domain, certain private property interests, including a utility and pedestrian easement and a temporary construction easement, for the use of the City for the purpose of a road and waterline improvement project, including construction of sidewalks and other appurtenances thereto, on property commonly located at 2305 Vermont Street, Lawrence, Douglas County, Kansas.
Action: Adopt Resolution No. 7276, if appropriate.
2. Consider approving the third amendment to the lease agreement between the City of Lawrence, Douglas County, and the Bioscience Technology Business Center (BTBC) to extend the lease repayment schedule for the BTBC expansion facility located at 4950 Bob Billings Parkway for one year through 2019, as requested by the BTBC.
Action: Approve the third amendment to the lease agreement between the City of Lawrence, Douglas County, and the Bioscience Technology Business Center, if appropriate.
3. Consider authorizing the City Manager to execute a Cooperative Agreement for study of Traffic and Pedestrian Stops with Douglas County, Eudora, Baldwin City, and the University of Kansas.
Action: Authorize the City Manager to execute a Cooperative Agreement for a study of Traffic and Pedestrian Stops with Douglas County, Eudora, Baldwin City, and the University of Kansas, if appropriate.
4. Consider authorizing the City Manager to execute a construction management agreement with Turner Construction, in the amount of $35,000 for preconstruction services, and 2.45% of the Guaranteed Maximum Price for Construction, to be established later in 2019, for the Police Facility Phase 1, Project PD1803CIP.
Action: Authorize the City Manager to execute a construction management agreement with Turner Construction, if appropriate.
5. Brief tour of City Hall Riverfront that will house Planning & Development Services and Municipal Court.
Action: Staff will lead the City Commission and public on a brief tour and provide project update.
The City Commission will convene at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 6 E. Sixth St.