Lawrence City Commission agenda set for Dec. 11 meeting
1. Approve City Commission meeting minutes from 12/04/18.
2. Receive minutes from various boards and commissions.
3. Approve all claims. The list of claims will be posted by the Finance Department on Monday prior to the meeting. If Monday is a holiday, the claims will be posted as soon as possible the next business day.
4. Approve licenses as recommended by the City Clerk’s Office.
5. Approve appointments as recommended by the Mayor.
6. Bid and purchase items
a) Approve the purchase of one (1) 3680XP Recycler from Bobcat of Columbia, in the amount of $526,858.56, as part of the 2019 CIP (PW19SW1CIP) replacement schedule.
b) Approve purchase order for $515,000 to Kansas Water Office for annual Clinton Water Plant raw water purchases pursuant to Water Purchase Contracts No. 90-5 and 77-1.
7. Adopt on second and final reading, the following traffic code ordinances: Ordinance Summary Matrix
No. 9576, No. 9577, No. 9578, No. 9579, No. 9580, No. 9581, No. 9582, No. 9583, No. 9584, No. 9585, No. 9586, No. 9587, No. 9588, No. 9589, No. 9590, No. 9591, No. 9592, No. 9593, No. 9594, No. 9595, No. 9596, No. 9597, No. 9598, No. 9599, No. 9600, No. 9601, No. 9602, No. 9603, No. 9604, No. 9605, No. 9606, and No. 9609.
8. Adopt Resolution No. 7171, authorizing the City to invest certain city funds in accordance with State Law governing the investment of public funds.
9. Authorize the City Manager to execute an agreement with Tenants to Homeowners, Inc. to provide $30,000 in Housing Trust Funds to match a State of Kansas HOME Investment Partnership grant for a three-unit rental development located at 1346-1350 Maple Lane as previously approved by the City Commission and recommended by the Affordable Housing Advisory Board.
10. Authorize the Mayor to sign a Release of Mortgage for Kiley D. Bost and Mary G. Bost, 832 Locust Street. Staff Memo
1. Consider the following items related to animal control:
a) Consider adopting on first reading, Ordinance No. 9615, pertaining to the regulation of animals. Staff Memo & Attachments
Action: Adopt on first reading, Ordinance No. 9615, pertaining to the regulation of animals, if appropriate.
b) Consider authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement with the Lawrence Humane Society for animal sheltering services.
Action: Authorize the City Manager to enter into an agreement with the Lawrence Humane Society for animal sheltering services, if appropriate.
Work session agenda
1. Lawrence Community Shelter discussion.
2. Economic Development Activities presentation from Chamber.
The City Commission will convene at 5:45 p.m. Tuesday at City Hall, 6 E. Sixth St.