Crews respond to east Lawrence building fire
An east Lawrence vehicle detailing shop suffered damage after a fire broke out Monday night.
Richard Steward, owner of Richard’s Detailing and Mobile, 827 Garfield St., said the fire damaged the east wall of the business and two cars in the shop sustained smoke damage.
Steward said a Lawrence-Douglas County Fire and Medical investigator believe a spark must have ignited the fire from an insulated pipe that leads to a pressure washer the business uses.
He has run the detailing shop for more than six years. Kaw Valley State Bank owns the building, according to Douglas County records.
Steward was working to clean up the business and assess the damage on Tuesday.
Lawrence-Douglas County Fire and Medical officials did not officially release information Tuesday about the possible cause or a damage estimate.