LMH Health adds 14 new doctors, advanced practice providers in Lawrence area
photo by: Chris Conde
The LMH Health medical staff keeps growing, with 14 new doctors and advanced practice providers joining the community in the last year. LMH Health invites the community to join in welcoming these new providers, who are focused on serving the health and wellness needs of area residents.
• Dr. Eeman Akhtar joined Mt. Oread Family Practice in early August. Akhtar attended the University of Kansas and received his medical degree from Frontier Medical College in Abbottabad, Pakistan. He completed his psychiatry residency at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Akhtar is an active member of the American Psychiatric Association and the Association of Physicians of Pakistani Descent of North America.
• Dr. Matthew D. Bihlmaier joined Reed Internal Medicine in early August. Bihlmaier earned his medical degree from the Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences in Kansas City, Mo. He completed his internal medicine residency at the University of Missouri-Kansas City and a geriatric fellowship at Truman Lakewood Hospital in Lee’s Summit, Mo. Bihlmaier is board-certified in internal medicine.
• Dr. Christopher Brychel joined the Internal Medicine Group in early May. Brychel earned a bachelor’s degree from Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg, Kansas, and went on to receive his medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine. Following medical school, Brychel completed his internship, residency and fellowship at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, Calif. He specializes in internal medicine and infectious diseases.
• Dr. Elaine Demetroulis joined Cardiovascular Specialists of Lawrence in July. Demetroulis earned her medical degree from the University of Iowa. She completed her residency and cardiology fellowship at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics where she then worked as an interventional cardiologist and Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine. Demetroulis is board-certified in interventional cardiology and cardiovascular diseases and is an expert in transradial catheterization.
• Dr. Jason Foster joined Family Medicine of Tonganoxie in August. Foster earned his medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed a residency in family medicine at the University of Kansas. He traveled to Peru in 2013 to work with the Peruvian ministry of health to conduct research and care for indigenous populations. Foster is board-certified in family medicine and is a member of the American Medical Association, American Academy of Family Physicians and Kansas Academy of Family Physicians.
• Dr. John D. Galligan joined OrthoKansas in mid-May. Galligan earned his medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine in Omaha, Neb. and completed his residency at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Before coming to LMH Health, he worked at OrthoNebraska where he subspecialized in foot and ankle problems as well as hip and knee arthroplasty. Galligan is board-certified in orthopedic surgery.
• Dr. Patrick Harper joined Lawrence Pain Specialists in early August. Harper earned his bachelor’s degree in respiratory care from the University of Kansas and his medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine. He completed his residency in anesthesiology and his fellowship in pain management at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. Harper is board-certified in anesthesiology and is a member of the American Academy of Pain Medicine, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine, North American Neuromodulation Society and American Society of Anesthesiologists.
• Dr. Spencer F. Harrison joined Total Family Care in early August. Harrison earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Kansas and his medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. He completed his residency at the University of Michigan and his fellowship at the University of Kansas Medical Center. Harrison is an active member of the American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the American Medical Association.
• Dr. Walter N. Ingram joined Reed Internal Medicine in early June. Ingram earned his medical degree from the University of Kansas Medical Center and completed his internal medicine residency at Keesler Air Force Base Internal Medicine and Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C. In 2003, Ingram was awarded the Osler Medal by the American Association for the History of Medicine. He is board-certified in internal medicine and is a member of the American College of Physicians.
• Dr. Logan J. Kracht joined Lawrence OB-GYN Specialists in early August. Kracht earned his medical degree from the University of Kansas School of Medicine and completed his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Medicine. Prior to joining LMH Health, Kracht worked for the Women’s Clinic of Johnson County-Olathe. He is board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology and is a member of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists and American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.
• Dr. Ramon Nichols joined Workplace Wellness in mid-September. Nichols earned his bachelor’s degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City and his medical degree from Meharry Medical College in Nashville, Tenn. He completed his internship at St. Luke’s Hospital and his residency at Hurley Medical Center in Flint, Mich. Nichols is board-certified in occupational medicine and environmental medicine.
• Adrian Cade, APRN, joined Reed Internal Medicine in late July. He received his bachelor’s degree from Emporia State University and earned his master’s degree from Fort Hays State University. Cade is a member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. Prior to joining Reed Internal Medicine, he was a family nurse practitioner at GraceMed Family Clinic in Topeka.
• Leighton Miller, APRN, joined the team at OrthoKansas in June. He spent five years as the director of nursing services for Meade District Hospital in Meade, Kansas and is a board-certified family nurse practitioner. Miller has provided care to patients of all ages, from pediatrics to geriatrics. He received his nursing degree from the University of Kansas School of Nursing. In addition to his work in orthopedics, he has served as a nurse in family practice, emergency, labor/delivery and acute care departments.
• Julie Pletcher, APRN, joined Cardiovascular Specialists of Lawrence in late June. She earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University of Kansas and worked as a nurse in Kansas City before returning to school and earning her masters from the University of Missouri-Kansas City. She is certified by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners and is a member of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners.
For more information about these or any other providers on the LMH Health medical staff, visit lmh.org/providers.
-Jessica Brewer is the social media and digital communications specialist at LMH Health, which is a major sponsor of Lawrence Journal-World’s health section.