CRAVE: Cool off with sweet treats
Granola Fruit Pizza
Yields 8 servings.
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup oat flour
1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2⁄3 cup plus 1 to 2 tablespoons honey, divided
3 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
1 1⁄4 cups vanilla Greek yogurt
Fresh fruit of choice
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease or line a 10-inch springform cake pan with parchment paper, and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, oat flour, cinnamon, and salt, and mix well. Add the vanilla, 2⁄3 cup honey, and coconut oil, and mix with your hands until a dough forms.
3. Spread dough on the bottom of the prepared pan, pressing firmly with the bottom of a cup or a spatula.
4. Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Place in the refrigerator until completely cooled. Transfer to a platter.
5. Combine the yogurt and remaining honey, and mix well.
6. Spread the yogurt mixture over the crust, leaving a small border around the edges. Arrange your choice of fresh fruit on top, and serve.
No-Bake Key Lime Pie
Yields 8 to 12 servings.
1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1⁄2 cup sugar
1 1⁄2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
1⁄2 cup key lime juice
Lime zest and slices, for garnish, optional
1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press firmly onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill for 45 minutes.
2. Pour the heavy whipping cream into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, and whisk until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, blend the cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add the sweetened condensed milk, and beat until smooth. Fold in half the whipped cream. Add the key lime juice, and beat on low speed until the filling is thick and creamy.
4. Place the remaining whipped cream in a bowl, and cover and refrigerate until serving time.
5. Pour the filling into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until the filling is firm.
6. Just before serving time, spread the remaining whipped cream over the filling. Garnish with lime zest and lime slices, if desired.
7. Refrigerate any leftovers.