LJWorld.com weblogs Town Talk

A prominent goodbye sign from defunct Payless Furniture that labels Lawrence 'Obamaville' and much more

Well, the folks at Payless Furniture at 2800 Iowa St. long have been famous for their crazy signs and the dancing fellows who hold them. As the company closes its doors, it has one final set of signs for the community that it did business in for around two decades: “Lawrence: Commie and Candy Ass Capitol of Kansas. Goodbye Obamaville.”

That’s the big sign that thousands of motorists driving on South Iowa Street will see today. The sign is pasted to the side of the furniture store’s delivery truck and is prominently displayed in the business’ parking lot.

That’s the most visible side of the truck. But if you use your KGB sleuthing skills, you can see what else is written on the truck if you pull into the parking lot. One side of the truck says: “Restore Freedom. Even Retards Want to be Free.” Of course, that sign displays the American flag as well. (Actually, if you look closely, it is not the U.S. flag. It has too many stars.)

Then’s there the third side of the truck. You’re going to have to put down your hammer and sickle and restock your candy supply because that side takes awhile to read. Among the highlights: One panel titled “Lawrence City Lib Facts” touts Lawrence as the No. 1 “city in the U.S. to be a homeless bum,” and being a “magnet for urban rats from Chicago & East Coast.” Not to be a geographic snob, though, the panel also points out that Lawrence is a “refuge for welfare lowlifes from KCK and Topeka.”

There’s a second panel on that side that is titled “Lawrence Lib Profile.” It talks about “urban snobs who have never done any real work but expect redistribution from those who do real work.” It also has language about “unpatriotic, amoral, materialistic, self-centered judgmental, busy bodies” and “brainwashed Marxist zombies.” (Geez, we wish. Have you seen how much zombies are making on TV these days?)

I went out to the site this morning to see all of it firsthand. While I was there taking notes, a man comes up behind me and tells me one thing on there is a misprint. One of the signs talks about how Lawrence voted 61 percent Obama in the 2012 elections. The man said that was actually the Douglas County number. Lawrence was higher than that.

A man from a nearby business who saw our conversation said that was Bob, the owner of the place. Indeed, the going out of business permit from the city lists a Robert Fyfe as the owner of the store. I’ve got his cell number, so I’ll try to call him shortly for additional comment.

As for how long the signs may be up on South Iowa Street, it looks like it may be a few more days. As we previously have reported, Dale Willey Automotive has purchased the building at 2800 Iowa St. and will convert it into a new used car sales center. But officials at the auto dealership told me the Payless folks have a lease on the property that runs through Friday. They said there obviously won’t be any such signs on the property once they take control of the site.

Afternoon updates:

— When reached, Fyfe explained why he would send such a message to a community where he had done business since 1978: “I appreciate the business they gave me. It is not everybody, but it is a majority in Lawrence. It is not the young people’s fault. They are just so brainwashed.”

— Lawrence's Ladybird Diner quickly baked up a "Candy Ass Donut" in response to the Payless signs.

— A steady stream of Lawrence residents stopped by the truck throughout the day, including several folks with signs of their own.

Adam Dorsson, of Lawrence, holds a sign in front of Payless Furniture's goodbye signage, Monday, May 11, 2015. by Richard Gwin

— And a "Last Dance of Obamaville" protest/flash mob broke out at 5:30 p.m.

None by Mike Yoder

None by LarryvilleLife

Comments

Don Frey 1 year, 9 months ago

Goodbye to bad rubbish...........try and tip one of their drivers and you incur wrath. One less mattress store is no loss.

Randall Uhrich 1 year, 9 months ago

James Howlette 1 year, 9 months ago

I wonder why Andy decided to skip this thread.

Bridget Vasquez 1 year, 9 months ago

I found this: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Payles...

Would it happen to be his new place of business? If you look at the page, someone is asking about a grand opening in Miamisburg-Centerville Ohio.

James Howlette 1 year, 9 months ago

Payless is probably a franchise. Don't harass random Facebook pages.

Kendall Simmons 1 year, 9 months ago

Nope. Entirely different store. Entirely different company.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 year, 9 months ago

Goodbye to their white trash flashing sign, and their cheap furniture. And their lies. They would tell those poor kids who danced for them they would pay them $10/hour, then they refused to pay them more than $5/hour. They are liars and sold cheap, dirty furniture. The story proves that they are liars:

"I asked the fellow if he was associated with the store. He said he wasn’t, and then pulled a set of keys out of his pocket and opened the door to the locked store. I told him I thought that might be a sign he was associated with the store. I asked him about his signs, and he said he thought they spoke for themselves.

A man from a nearby business who saw our conversation said that was Bob, the owner of the place."

Cathy Hamilton 1 year, 9 months ago

Bitter, party of one, your store is closing.

Rebecca Woolfolk 1 year, 9 months ago

He doesn't like single mothers, eh? I wish I hadn't bought that twin bed for my adopted son from them a few years ago.

David Albertson 1 year, 9 months ago

Almost everything he sold there was made in communist countries like China and Vietnam. So actually we did "REJECT MARXISM" by not buying his cheap crap. He was the one supporting Marxism by buying their furniture!

Brock Masters 1 year, 9 months ago

Guess he wasn't an LLC. Too bad. He could have gotten a government subsidy AKA tax break.

Richard Davis 1 year, 9 months ago

The best news this week. They are actually closing and left us with an ad we can actually laugh at. I hope he can fit all his tin foil hats in that truck.

Richard Andrade 1 year, 9 months ago

To imagine how miserable and insanely angry this poor bastard was every single minute he lived in this town brings me immeasurable joy.

Rebecca Woolfolk 1 year, 9 months ago

It makes me kind of sad. Why did he stay here so long?

Tim Foley 1 year, 9 months ago

I don't understand, didn't he make a profit ripping off the people of Lawrence?

Laura Garinger 1 year, 9 months ago

well, if he's going out of business, apparently not XD (i really hope he's going out of business and not just retiring... i'd hate to think he actually came out ahead with the stuff he did)

Joshua Montgomery 1 year, 9 months ago

Looks like Fox News has lost another Lawrence viewer......

Bridget Vasquez 1 year, 9 months ago

Not that there are many to begin with, huh? At least, I hope not.

Armen Kurdian 1 year, 9 months ago

Somehow, I don't think Fox News would condone this, so me thinks they probably don't want him as a viewer. Actually, I don't think any news channel would want him as a viewer.

Scott Burkhart 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm a FoxNews viewer and I don't agree with anything that this hater put up. Frankly, Josh, FoxNews has a larger viewer audience than most all of the other news channels on television. They absolutely kill the other cable broadcasts combined. Brett Baier has one of the most admired evening news broadcasts on television. They offer points of view of the left and right. They may not be as "fair and balanced" as you would like but they are far more so than any other news network.

Bridget Vasquez 1 year, 9 months ago

Here is a link I found. Do you think it is his new location? I don't live in Lawrence, so I am unsure of what the signs and logos look like. (But, I do Rock Chalk!!!)

Laura Garinger 1 year, 9 months ago

nah, it's completely different. payless uses garish primary colours pretty much exclusively. that store looks vaguely tasteful. tbh, a good test is to think to yourself, "does this look like a business that might shine a strobe light at the highway?"

Kendall Simmons 1 year, 9 months ago

Yet some folks are convinced it is. There was a guy named Curt Mitchell from (he said) Wichita who was being horrible to that other store.

He was firmly convinced that this Lawrence store was part of a chain/franchise and that "corporate mongrels" were in charge. I tried to pleasantly correct him but he called me a liar. His posts (and those of us who replied to him) have now been deleted.

Now their only unpleasant poster (very anti-Lawrence) is named John Henderson. Oh well. Haters are gonna hate.

Lawrence Freeman 1 year, 9 months ago

"As for what’s next for Fyfe, I’ve heard multiple things from multiple people. Some have said he’s moving to Texas, some have said he’s moving to a different state, but everyone I’ve talked to has said he’s moving. Imagine that."

Thank god he moved! I'll bet he will still a miserable excuse of a human being wherever he goes.

Glenn Reed 1 year, 9 months ago

Wow, it's real. It's really real. I was sure this was some kind of joke or something. Some photoshop job to make for a funny somewhere.

I'm usually sad to see a business close. Suddenly I'm not sad to see this one leave.

James Roper 1 year, 9 months ago

So an inept businessperson runs himself out of business and then credits the community with his failure? Sounds like socialism to me...

Anna Kathleen Russell 1 year, 9 months ago

Maybe if they treated their customers better they would still be in business. Years ago, I bought a twin mattress and box springs from them. When I got it home, I discovered the mattress was an extra long. I took it back because they sent me home with the wrong mattress. They charged me a restocking fee for trying to swap out for what I had originally bought. I returned the whole set paying the restocking fee on both items. Never bought from them again. Plus I told everyone I knew who was looking for furniture the story. I'm glad to see them leaving. Also, glad to not have to see them standing on the street or that awful bright light coming from the store.

Rebecca Smith 1 year, 9 months ago

What an angry man. He musta got up on the wrong side of one of his mattresses....

Phillip Chappuie 1 year, 9 months ago

When my kid moved from the Dorms to an apartment we ran over there and bought a cheap bed. Now I wish I hadn't. It is not in my nature to patronize a low down dirty pig like Robert Fyfe. The Obama insult is pretty standard for uneducated slobs but the twist on persons with disabilities is absolutely disgraceful and most disgusting. It borders on a hate crime and the man should be arrested. If for nothing else, for having a general lack of human decency.

James Howlette 1 year, 9 months ago

My only hope is that when he does launch a new business in some other state, that the power of Google will allow his new potential customers to find his charming departing messages and make their own informed decisions about whether or not they'd like to patronize such a place.

John Sickels 1 year, 9 months ago

Politics is one thing.....frankly people post similar rhetoric to this every day on this website.

But the attack on disabled people. . . what an absolute disgrace. A reprehensible and morally filthy disgrace.

Christine Davisson 1 year, 9 months ago

I won't believe Payless is gone until the doors are shut and signs taken down. Haven't we heard this many times before? I tried to by a mattress there years ago for my young son, it was labeled with a reasonable price.. I went to the counter to purchase the mattress only to be told that it was the cash price (I was using a debit card). I despise tactics like that, I went and bought I more expensive mattress elsewhere. Later I learned what a total creep this guy is, glad they made me go elsewhere.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 year, 9 months ago

Dale Wiley is saving us. They have bought the property. If he comes back in this same location, we will have a bone to pick with Dale Wiley. I sure hope he is moving out of town too.

Joda Totten 1 year, 9 months ago

Dale Wiley no longer owns the car dealership.

Russell Fryberger 1 year, 9 months ago

At least that annoying flashing strobe over the front door will be gone along with the drunks standing out front acting like that's going to attract business. I don't want to see that stuff when I go visit the Chick Filet that's coming across the street either.

Mike Caddell 1 year, 9 months ago

Maybe the now absentee land owners should consider joining the rest of failed business people in the Topeka state legislature to scheme on how to avoid taxing multinational corporations and the state's billionaires.

Susan Roberts 1 year, 9 months ago

I remember some of this guy's previous "attention-getting stunts." One involved what appeared to be a man dousing himself with gasoline, and another involved a Hitler dummy -- don't remember the details but he obviously lives for shock value. And of course, he played a cretin in one of his TV commercials, the same character that's shown on his latest sign.

Armen Kurdian 1 year, 9 months ago

You could make the same argument about Democrats who make equally crazy statements. I think when you go that far off the wagon painting someone with a political party is like using the phrase 'social gathering' to describe an orgy.

James Howlette 1 year, 9 months ago

I'd like you to take a few moments of reflection the next time you're tempted to make a generalization against liberals or democrats based mainly on the actions of one. For that matter, you can think about it the next time you want to hastily label someone as such without verifying.

Such generalizations aren't really helpful are they?

Scott Burkhart 1 year, 9 months ago

James, I must have missed the statements on this thread where you made the same rebuke to those on the left. As far as your last statement, or question, I agree. Generalizations aren't helpful but we see them from both sides on these threads, don't we?

Julie Borkowski 1 year, 9 months ago

Not republican. Neo-con or libertarian maybe, but He is a nut. I do not think his political leanings matter and he is no way a representative of any party. So to demean republicans based on this nut makes you no better than him.

Lawrence Freeman 1 year, 9 months ago

Damn! I hate it when somebody else is right!! )

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 year, 9 months ago

My guess would be he more likely is a member of the neo Nazi party or is there a Trailer Trash party?

Scott Burkhart 1 year, 9 months ago

Dorothy, as a result of a serious medical condition that my daughter developed as a result of living in a mold infested rental house, my family and I were forced to move to a mobile home park and into a brand new mobile home. The park is at 3300 Iowa St, specifically. I too suffered under the delusion that people that lived in these parks were "Trailer Trash". That was until my daughter came home from school one day, in tears, because a girl in her class was going around telling everyone that she lived in a "recreational vehicle." That was until young men that my son had played baseball with and had run around together, now, no longer wanted to be seen with him. This is a very humbling experience of which I will never forget. I had to look into the faces of my children and explain that there is a lot of ignorance out there, no matter your socioeconomic background. As Christians, we are called to forgive them and be pleased with out current station in life. So before you start using the term "Trailer Trash", I suggest you go out to one of these parks and hear some of their stories. I will no longer use the term "Trailer Trash" any more than the "n" word. I understand that your remarks were not aimed at people that live in mobile home parks but I also don't think you understand, or may have forgotten, that people that live in "trailers" have feelings too. I would tend to believe that most if not all of them would not use the inflammatory rhetoric that Fyfe used on his signs as well.

Marvin Shanks 1 year, 9 months ago

It really does not matter if you like him or not, agree with his views, tactics, stunts or trickery business practices. This is freedom of speech at it's finest!

Kendall Simmons 1 year, 9 months ago

Actually, ignoring the fact that freedom of speech is not unlimited and does have restrictions, I have to agree...though perhaps not the way you meant.

After all, people will google and people will find...and Bob Fyfe may just, himself, find that his freedom of speech has blown up in his face. Who knows. I can only hope :-)

Jay Reynolds 1 year, 9 months ago

Definitely. And the fact that he can drive that truck away on those tires shows how much us Lawrence Liberals love the first amendment!

Clint Poteete 1 year, 9 months ago

I had to kick this guy out of our business in Lenexa for making racist and homophobic comments. Typical chicken racist would only talk.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 year, 9 months ago

I wonder why my post was removed? This guy really did rip off those poor kids that danced out front. My son was one of them. He must be on here trying to get everyone's post removed.

James Howlette 1 year, 9 months ago

I doubt it. One of the mods here is just trigger-happy.

Kendall Simmons 1 year, 9 months ago

I was wondering the same thing! Have you asked?

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 year, 9 months ago

It was probably because I pointed out that the owner is a liar. He lied to Chad (see above) and he lied to my son, and several other young people.

Mike Caddell 1 year, 9 months ago

The sad fact is if Lawrence business owners, especially the restaurateurs who want to live up to "Free State" founders' vision, should be constantly involved in negotiating; equitable living wages and health care benefits to their employees. It is possible to enhance Lawrence as the absolute best city in Kansas to live in for all it's citizens. Do not rest, in haste, our struggle continues ...

A sampling of what is the reality in Brownbackistan.

A sampling of what is the reality in Brownbackistan. by Mike Caddell

James Howlette 1 year, 9 months ago

I don't find your use of the r-word any more charming than his.

Donald Shea 1 year, 9 months ago

You can unlike that use as much as you like but the facts are the R party is the one creating the mess we face in Kansas these days. The R party is against many things that have advanced our society today. Own it.

Caterina Benalcazar 1 year, 9 months ago

Any so-called Marxist "candy butts" interested in a fun and peaceful response:

Kim Murphree 1 year, 9 months ago

My take on this? The guy played us. He got free advertising. Everyone knows that name recognition whether for good or for bad is all good when it comes to sales. Seriously. He is all over the web now, and may even make the national wires...at no cost to him. That's a smart move, even if I don't like the message at all.

James Howlette 1 year, 9 months ago

Seems a rather narrow target demographic to market to.

Kendall Simmons 1 year, 9 months ago

Except that nobody will know his name...just the name "Payless Furniture"...which is a name used by TONS of different cut-rate furniture stores, so it won't help him at all.

James Howlette 1 year, 9 months ago

Plus even the super conservatives are busy upthread pretending they don't know him.

It's like a reverse Freaks. Gooble Gobble, we don't accept him! Not one of us!

Adam Lafferty 1 year, 9 months ago

Even if someone in wherever he's moving to does a Google search for his name, pulls up this article and decides not to buy something at his new store?

However much publicity this gives him, hate and bigotry are still bad for business.

James Howlette 1 year, 9 months ago

Unless it's an angle to be the next homophobic pizza style GoFundMe campaign.

Glenda Breese 1 year, 9 months ago

This dude has some serious mental health issues. He should have partaken of our esteemed Bert Nash services. I want to just say where do I sign up for a class act lawsuit against a person who exploited then called us names? I feel like I was just publicly stoned and I do love and respect all leaders of the free world and my home town. So as Merle sang about in the 70s love it or leave it. Get your sorry butt on outta here!

Phil Minkin 1 year, 9 months ago

It takes a special kind of stupid to open a business in a hotbed of communism.

Erica Ruscio 1 year, 9 months ago

People don't, in many cases, exhibit much understanding of Marxism and political systems inspired by Marxism. Communism and Marxism are often unfairly inflated; historical and political usurpations and abuses of Marxist theories has given Marxism a bad rap, but really he is about recognizing the way, in today's mechanized global economy, how the masses and workers are not free—they are the producers but hot the owners and are therefore alienated by their labor. Whoever indicated the problems that this man's mattresses probably came from a factory was right, but it's in support of capitalism since the U.S. has such a big stake in the global economy and, via capitalism, outsources for cheaper labor and production of goods like mattresses. The people at the top of the economic chain are in control and have freedom, but those who are not born into privilege and economic assets are not free. They are given considerably less opportunity, even in Erica, to work hard and pull themselves up by bootstraps. The freedom rhetoric fails to recognize that, as the wealth flap in the U.S. Grows wider, many are not free, but unfortunately the people who are privileged by the system or don't pay attention to how it works associate unchecked power with freedom—access and opportunity, as well as a way to check those in financial control, something socialism attempts to do, is a way of returning freedom to the masses. Is it perfect? Not by a long shot. But if he is criticizing the government, Obama should be the least of his worries. We live in an oligarchy, and so his real concern should be the many crooked lawmakers (legislative branch, in case he doesn't know) who profit from a system that benefits the rich and powerful. As a conservative Kansas, he probably voted against his own best interests of he supported Brownback and thought trickle down economics worked.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 year, 9 months ago

He probably thinks he is going to run with those rich and powerful some day. They might let him shine their shoes.

Donald Shea 1 year, 9 months ago

That is exactly the driving force behind far too many R voters. Commoners who actually believe they will get to run with the big boys someday. Quite sad and pathetic at the same time.

When the R's have completely decimated our state (and nation) it will be very entertaining to watch them drowning in their own tears while the powerful sail away in their yachts.

Scott Burkhart 1 year, 9 months ago

Ah, the tired old Marxist mantra that if you're not born into privilege, you are forever doomed. This is what made America different. In America, you didn't obtain property and wealth based on what the ruling class gave you. In America, you could do it on your own. I give you Donald Trump, Warren Buffett, Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Sam Walton, and the list could continue. So all of you "Marxists' can blow it out your ears.

Clint Poteete 1 year, 9 months ago

I would give this guy a crisp, new hundred dollar bill if he could define "Marxism".

Fred Whitehead Jr. 1 year, 9 months ago

Gads, there is nothing left to say.

I won't try. (applause here!)

Douglas Redding 1 year, 9 months ago

Hilarious! I'm just a little bit proud to live in the candy ass capital of Kansas. Bobby Fyfe is surely referring to me (we are legion), making mine all the sweeter to eat, y'know.

It certainly adds to our #LFK ethos. Shame about the insulting slang indicating our cognitively disabled.

The greatest pleasure is knowing that finally, finally (finally!) this cut rate crap shack is really & truly going out of business. The years of crying wolf were so very tiring.

Candy! Candy! Candy!

Mike Wahweotten 1 year, 9 months ago

I didn't know that business owners needed a permit to go out of business!

Bob Smith 1 year, 9 months ago

And now the dude is some other town's problem. As someone already said, good riddance to bad rubbish.

Dorothy Hoyt-Reed 1 year, 9 months ago

Darn, heard about the flash dance to late. There in spirit. Na, na, naaa, na - na, na naaa na, hey, hey, goodbye.

Adam Lafferty 1 year, 9 months ago

If living in Lawrence is left, I don't want to be right.

Matthew Mikel 1 year, 9 months ago

'MERICA!! I'm sure if he were a smart and successful business man he wouldn't have to worry about the marxist, commie, Obama-lovin, candy assed citizens of Lawrence. He's just butt-hurt that his business went under. He's probably a proud Brownback (athletic)supporter and would be singing a different tune if his business had done well, but it did not. Hurray for america and the 1st amendment.

Julie Borkowski 1 year, 9 months ago

What a sad state this guy must live in all his life. Constantly blaming others for his failures and never looking inward for the fix. I tried to buy furniture from his store. We laid down $900 to purchase a leather sofa and love seat, but he turned around and would not make delivery because he sold it out from under us. But he never told us until the delivery did not arrive. Then he refused to give our money back because the sign said no refunds. We had to go to the BBB and get them to intervene in order to get our $900 back. The man wrote us a nasty letter telling us his wife had an aneurysm and brain surgery and that is why there was the misunderstanding. And that we were bad people for complaining against them. Not that I do not have compassion for people with disabilities, but this was business. And guess what? We lived in Lawrence at the time, and we are not what you would consider liberals. We did not vote for Obama, but he still treated us like crap and tried to screw us out of our money. The man is messed up big time. And it is not the liberals fault. It is not the conservatives fault. Or even the marxist's fault or even Obama's fault for God's sake. I hope he finds what he is looking for.

Chase Blackwood 1 year, 9 months ago

Well, I hope he can find what he is looking for up his own ass, because that's where he is looking for it.

Daniel Reinigungsmittel 1 year, 9 months ago

I'm sure there are thousands of stories about this guy. The last time I set foot in there, about three years ago, Bob and one of his female employees were screaming at each other. I hadn't heard that many F-bombs and witnessed such a total disregard for customers in a retail business... well, ever. I've been patiently waiting for this day, and I'm not surprised he's leaving in such a blazing failure.

Jay Reynolds 1 year, 9 months ago

If only he could have hung on until the Chick-fil-A opened across the street he might have been able to work this new marketing angle to his advantage.

Dusty Downing 1 year, 9 months ago

Bob, eat a Snickers on your way out of town.

Bob, eat a Snickers on your way out of town. by Dusty Downing

Paul Brittain 1 year, 9 months ago

This loser is the best ad for relocating to Lawrence I can imagine.

Molly Bretthauer 1 year, 9 months ago

This is so incredible! He's right about the rats. I'm sure those candy ass abolitionists from pinko Massachusetts brought some in their wagons when they settled the town.

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 9 months ago

I always wondered why the Nebraska Furniture Mart delivery trucks from Kansas City are seen delivering items in Lawrence so often.

Kyle Neuer 1 year, 9 months ago

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Janet Olin 1 year, 9 months ago

That's a good one, first time I've heard it. This whole story and article would be funny to me if it weren't so pathetic. Good riddance to bad garbage.

John Sickels 1 year, 9 months ago

On another website, a frequent commentator here on the LJW website was interviewed by a reporter and says he agrees with the sign. I won't post it, but it was an article on the website one of the Kansas City news stations if you want to look and see who among the frequent posters agrees with Bob.

James Howlette 1 year, 9 months ago

I bet they had to search to find someone who agrees. Even some of the more radical conservatives on this board are trying to disown him.

Rick Masters 1 year, 9 months ago

Haha, does he just follow reporters around?

Kevin Millikan 1 year, 9 months ago

Proud of you people that stood up to that bigot POS, it's nice to see the good people out-populate the worthless jerks in this world.

Genevieve Voigt 1 year, 9 months ago

Even as one of the dumbdowner-slave youth, I would never act so childishly.

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 9 months ago

This story was picked up by Daily KOS and has gone viral. Nothing like finding out the ENTIRE COUNTRY is laughing at you.
"Stupid is as stupid does." - Forrest Gump

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 9 months ago

I would like to know why Dorothy gets away with calling people white trash and trailer trash. I find those terms incredibly offensive.

Donald Shea 1 year, 9 months ago

And thank you Lawrence for 37 years of support.

A true radical republican love affair only matters when you reach the bottom line of that balance sheet.

Donald Shea 1 year, 9 months ago

Here's what the headline should be; "JUNK DEALER HAS TROUBLE LEAVING LOCATION"

If you can't make it selling PURE JUNK for outlandish prices ...you probably can't make it anywhere.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 9 months ago

Not even low income people can afford to purchase junk furniture. It needs replacing too often.

A great new industry for Lawrence might be two or three quality USA made used furniture store fronts in the downtown area. There is a quality used furniture store in North Lawrence. This household has purchased a few items.

The image of Lawrence improved with the announcement that this retail operation is gone.