LJWorld.com weblogs The Source

What do you want to know?

A while back, we told you [we'd use this blog to ask you what we should be covering in Lawrence and northeast Kansas.][1]So today's question is this:What should we - at 6News, the Lawrence Journal-World and LJWorld.com - be covering? Today? This week? Generally?We're listening. [1]: http://www2.ljworld.com/blogs/source/2007/aug/28/source/

Comments

GretchenJP 7 years, 1 month ago

I'm up for it. Let's go get that room, Tangy. :P

Confrontation 7 years, 1 month ago

It's funny how many posters complain about what is covered, but now no one is stepping up to suggest what should be covered.

Raymond Munoz 7 years, 1 month ago

6News and the LJWorld could be covering the great things we do here at the Douglas County Dental Clinic! :) For instance, we'll be giving away toothbrushes and toothpaste at Checkers on Saturday from 10am - 2pm!

blindquew 7 years, 1 month ago

I think it would be great if there would be more coverage of the hard work both Lawrence High and Free State Marching Bands have put in this year. The end of the season is coming up this weekend at the Heart of American Marching Festival at KU Memorial Stadium.

james bush 7 years, 1 month ago

Why not let everyone know what the local ACLU has on its agenda or considering in this region?

motomom 7 years, 1 month ago

this is awesome! thanks for asking. i agree totally with blindquew ...the musical talent in this city is absolutely astounding. one band director told me just the other day, that lawrence has the most talented kids in the entire state..and i really believe it. last year, LHS won two grand championships in the marching band and very little was covered about that. SOOOOO----i would like to let everyone know that on november 13th, LHS music department will have two musical concerts..one at 6:30 and the other at 8:00 --featuring ALL the musical talent in school...all bands, all choirs and orchestra. it will be a treat for the ears. it is a fundraiser...$6.00 a ticket and you can get tickets at LHS in the office or on that night...it'll be a wonderful evening. i guarantee it. :)

thedrawl 7 years, 1 month ago

I wonder if the JW could do a series of investigative reports on where I put my keys. Because seriously, they were right here a minute ago...

Dan Alexander 7 years, 1 month ago

Oh, I know. How about you run at least one article on Lawrence Freenet's Newspaper Access Points. If that's not News Worthy then I don't know what is. Suck it up and cover the story.

thedrawl 7 years, 1 month ago

No no no. Nevermind. I found them. They were right here, right where I put them.

alm77 7 years, 1 month ago

My neighbor just spent 5 weeks in the hospital from that staff superbug that was in the national headlines. Her family went through a lot. I'll ask her if I can call you.

GretchenJP 7 years, 1 month ago

If we can put a man on the moon why can't we put metal in the microwave? Or at least pantyhose that don't run. I'm not asking much.

GretchenJP 7 years, 1 month ago

Tang, I thought you already knew everything.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 7 years, 1 month ago

Why, thank you, Gretchen. You know... I've always thought that you already knew everything, too.

8-)

GretchenJP 7 years, 1 month ago

Thanks! I like it when my head gets big.

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 7 years, 1 month ago

Be sure to drop some paperweights into your pockets.

GretchenJP 7 years, 1 month ago

I already have rock salt in my pockets. I have no idea what that means.

gogoplata 7 years, 1 month ago

Ron Paul

I saw a Ron Paul march on saturday morning going down Mass. I'd like to see a story on Ron Paul.

bearded_gnome 7 years, 1 month ago

I did "drop you a line" and the listbox didn't have an option for this blog...uh, had to select "lawrence in the news." if you're gonna send people there, the listbox should have this blog as an option.
nice to see you run this feature. hope it is fruitful.

tangy and gretch...you guys need your own room?

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 7 years, 1 month ago

"tangy and gretch:you guys need your own room?"

"... we blog wherever we fall One dream all around us this big hush infects us all Holding up on animal fear soaking up the waves underwater Turned to music no one can hear Forever in this half lit light... All desire the ashes and the fire Turning the night inside and the light from you...."

tangential_reasoners_anonymous 7 years, 1 month ago

... my apologies, in advance, for having to eat Crowe... ( best viewed with eyes closed )

FreshAirFanatic 7 years, 1 month ago

How about a technology available right here in Lawrence which has been tested and proven by scientists at KSU to kill 99.8% of MRSA (staph infection) on surfaces. No harsh chemicals, enviro-friendly and an excellent way to keep our community safe and healthier. Check out www.tryfreshair.com or www.freshairliving.com/ghake passcode "guest".

thoughtpolice 7 years ago

I agree with HesterPrynne. The LJW needs to clean up some of the blogs polluted by the trolls. Those losers commenting on local city issues aren't adding any value to the dialogue. They prefer to take cheap shots under the cover of an anonymous post. They should crawl back under their rocks and not subject the rest of us to their miserable, negative, paranoid rants. You know who you are, Merrill, logicsound04 and hawkperchedatriverfront.