LJWorld.com weblogs Shop Talk with Jenn and Julie

Free Ocean Spray at CVS

At our house we don't let the kids drink soda, they don't get other crazy flavored drinks unless it is a special occasion so they are left with juice. Unfortunately for them, they get that watered down and only twice a day. The rest of the time its good ol' water.

Three kids and two adults still go through a lot of juice so I jump on a good sale I jump on it and stock up. When I see FREE juice...well that's even better!

In this week's CVS flyer you will see all kinds of great sales, but in my opinion this is the best one:

B1G1 Free Ocean Spray 64oz. Juice Drink

Combine that with this printable: Free Ocean Spray Cherry Juice Drink when you buy One Cranberry Ocean Spray Juice Drink

and you've got two free 64oz. bottles of juice.

These printables go very quickly, if you aren't able to get the coupon you can still get the BOGO deal at CVS ... not a bad deal!

Happy Shopping!

Comments

JackMcKee 2 years, 7 months ago

Life in that house sounds unbearable.

hujiko 2 years, 7 months ago

I can understand no soda for behavioral or dental problems, but watering down the juice? Asinine.

Katara 2 years, 7 months ago

Juice can also cause dental problems. It can also spike blood sugar levels.

Firefighter10 2 years, 7 months ago

No not asinine, its called good parenting! They don't need the empty calories, or the high doses of sugar that pop and juice provide. Its not good for their teeth or teaching them healthy eating habits. I give my 3 year old a piece of fruit, not a glass of fruit flavored sugar water.

asixbury 2 years, 7 months ago

That's why you buy the 100% juice, with no sugar added. Also, like my mom used to say, they're going to lose those teeth anyway, so a little sugar won't hurt!

Katara 2 years, 7 months ago

It isn't the sugar in juice that causes the decay. It is the acidic nature of the juice that weakens tooth enamel.

And tooth decay in baby teeth can affect the health of the permanent teeth.

asixbury 2 years, 7 months ago

Sugar never did anything to my permanent teeth. I actually have quite nice teeth and I grew up drinking soda (on occasion) and cool-aid. Let kids be kids and enjoy their sugary snacks before they get old and it all goes to their hips!

Katara 2 years, 7 months ago

That's great that sugar did nothing to your teeth.

You must have missed the part about it not being the sugar that caused the problem but rather the acidic nature of juice that weakens the tooth enamel (which, of course makes it prone to decay).

asixbury 2 years, 7 months ago

Okay, the acidic juice didn't hurt my teeth. I can see how parents would like to limit the amount of juice kids drink for this reason.

Katara 2 years, 7 months ago

I have a friend whose daughter had to have dental surgery at 3 because of decay to the 2 front baby teeth. I am not exactly sure of the procedure but her child now has dentures at 11 (I don't know what they are called for kids) because the baby tooth decay killed off the permanent teeth that were to come in later.

asixbury 2 years, 7 months ago

I think its called dental holders or spacers, which are used to prevent the back teeth from moving forward. The kid probably had thin or weak enamel to begin with, so the acidity did a number on her teeth. Like I said before, I can see why parents would be concerned for this reason.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

Free Ocean Spray? Well at least they are getting it closer to its true value. When they pay me to take it home and flush it then I might be interested.

Kids, do not dispair! There is life after childhood!

Keith 2 years, 7 months ago

You may as well let them drink soda, the ingredients in that 'juice drink' aren't any better.

AlligatorMama 2 years, 7 months ago

Soda and other sugary drinks are NOT needed in anyone's life, let alone in growing kids. Why waste hundreds of calories a day on drinks? I know this family well and life in their house is a lot of fun! We do milk, water and watered down juice in our house as well. Sprite occasionally on pizza or popcorn nights, otherwise they don't need it , and neither of my kids seem to mind. Please find me a pediatrician that will tell you soda and other full-sugared drinks are a GOOD choice for your children...because the pediatricians I worked for will say no way!

Thanks for posting the good deal Jenn!!

Tomato 2 years, 7 months ago

I water down my juice and I'm all grown up.

Greg Yother 2 years, 7 months ago

If watered down juice equates to life being "unbearable" then I guess you've got a pretty good life.

asixbury 2 years, 7 months ago

Buy 100% juice with no sugar added (beyond what occurs naturally) and the kids will be just fine. Better yet, get a juicer and make your own! Then the kids will benefit the most from the nutrition.

RoeDapple 2 years, 7 months ago

"Better yet, get a juicer and make your own!"

These coupon queens are more interested in "free".

Katara 2 years, 7 months ago

A juicer would be economical if you consumed a lot of juice (veggie and fruit). It doesn't make financial sense to buy an expensive small appliance for occasional use.