LJWorld.com weblogs Shop Talk with Jenn and Julie

New Policies at Dillons for Coupon Shoppers

I have often said that it is a good idea to know the coupon policies of the stores you shop at. I even suggest that you point them out and carry them with you in your shopping supplies.

Often the employees aren't aware of the actual store policy. If you are an avid coupon user putting together a complex deal, sometimes the store employees don't know that you can, for example, match store coupons with manufacturer's coupons on the same item.

It is also good to pay attention to when stores change their policies. Recently Dillons changed their coupon policy to restrict the number of like coupons you can use in one transaction. Previously you could buy 10 of the same item and use 10 coupons for those items. Under the new policy you may still buy as many of the item as you would like but you may only use 5 coupons on those particular items.

If you are unclear about a store's coupon policy, you should talk to a manager or call their corporate headquarters. You can find the contact information on most store websites or at the in store customer service counter.

Whatever you do, remember that the employees at the store are just that, employees. They are doing their jobs and they deserve your respect. You are not entitled to your coupon use and being mean, threatening or demanding will not get you your way and it gives all coupon users a bad reputation.

Be courteous and informed and remember that ultimately, the store can decide how they want to accept your coupons.

Comments

Gotland 1 year, 11 months ago

Couponers, stop wasting the time of the people behind you in line. I know you don’t value your time but many people have lives and their time is valuable.

JackMcKee 1 year, 11 months ago

If you whole life is built upon coupons you need to get a new one. Stat.

sarahzfalk 1 year, 11 months ago

Frequently we will see high value coupons available at Printapons (printable coupons) when a new product is being introduced or when a product is going to undergo a radical change.

sarahzfalk 1 year, 11 months ago

Agnostick 1 year, 11 months ago

So, which coupon policy does DIllons follow: The Dillons policy, or the Krogers policy? Is there any difference between the two? If one is not posted somewhere, maybe the other one is?

lindalent 1 year, 11 months ago

agrabass 1 year, 12 months ago

...Or be the bomb like Checker's, and post your coupon policy on your website, as well as a tab with that title. It's there big as life right below weekly specials. No hoops to jump thru, no corporate mazes... Thank you Checkers, I love you long time!

Katara 1 year, 12 months ago

I ran into that change last week. I don't mind it overall but I was informed of the policy change mid-transaction. Dillons does not post a copy of their coupon policy nor do they send out any email to advise of any changes if you have your email registered (they can send me tons of their local ads and promos though!) so I thought it a bit unfair for them to tell me while I was checking out and expect me to be able to suddenly juggle my grocery list all around.

I sent an email to corporate and just told them since they have my email address and many other coupon users on file, if they decide to change their coupon policies, it certainly would be in their power to provide some notice.

I play by the rules but it doesn't help if you aren't told that the rules changed.