LJWorld.com weblogs Shop Talk with Jenn and Julie

Get Krafty with Target Coupons

There are several items that we buy on a regular basis that I have a price ceiling on. I almost never pay more than $1/box for cereal, I never pay for toothpaste, toothbrushes or nutrition bars. You get the idea. I've decided cheese needs a limit as well. When I see a sale on cheese I gather up as much as I have freezer space because it is normally so expensive. Cheese freezes very well and when I can buy it for less than $1 instead of it's normal $2-4 you better bet I'll be stocking up!

If you missed the one day sale at HyVee last week where they had HyVee brand cheese 12/$12 have no fear....the Kraft deal at Target is here!

In addition to the Kraft coupons that you will find in today's coupon inserts, you can get your hands on many Target printables for the same Kraft products making a nice discount. Here are some of the deals:

Kraft Shredded Cheese

Buy 2 @ $2.04/each = $4.08

Use 1 $1/2 manufacturer's coupon from the Sunday papers

Use 2 $0.75/1 Kraft Shredded Cheese Target printable

Final Price = $1.58/2 or $0.79/each

Kraft String Cheese - $3.99

Use 1 $1/1 Manufacturer's Coupon from the Sunday papers

Use 1 $1/1 Target printable

Final Price = $1.99

Kraft 100 Calorie Cheese Snack Packs - $2.19

Use $0.75/1 Manufacturer's Coupon

Use $0.75/1 Target Printable

Final Price = $0.69

I'm not sure of the exact price on Kraft Salad Dressing but there is a B2G1 Free Target printable. Work the deal like this:

Buy 4 Salad Dressings

Use 2 $1/2 manufacturer's coupons

Use 1 B2G1 Target Printable coupon

Your final price is greatly discounted because not only do you get the Free item, you get the extra discount allotted for that item with the manufacturer's coupons.

Kraft Mayo or Miracle Whip also has stackable coupons totaling a $1.25 discount per item:

$0.75/1 Manufacturer's coupon

$0.50/1 Target Printable Coupon

This is a great example of using coupons to their fullest advantage. Stacking store and manufacturer coupons can get you an even better deal than you originally thought possible!

Comments

scopi_guy 3 years, 2 months ago

What a friend we have in cheeses!

Gootsie 3 years, 2 months ago

Sadly, to Whirl it's your total and complete image. :(

HRCJJ 3 years, 2 months ago

So much anger about cheese, are you guys lactose intolerant? I mean, it's cheese.

madman 3 years, 2 months ago

Wow!! Lots of assumptions! I use coupons and I am a mom. But, just so we are clear, I don't have a Tahoe (or a car even close to the cost or a suv), I get my hair cut at Z's for $7 every couple of months, the last time I had a manicure was because someone gave me a gc for my birthday months ago, I have a pair of drug store sunglasses in my purse that were given to me for Christmas. I have been to a soccer field so I guess you got me there.

I certainly appreciate this information because as a young family working of a budget, it does help to stretch my dollar. In particular "household" items that can really shrink my weekly amount so that I can buy more local items/healthy items for my family.

Thanks Jenn!

TheWhirl 3 years, 2 months ago

Wow, where are the usual sycophants in here? LOL

Enjoy that factory cheese, folks. It's thanks to countless billions of decision-making by prudent mommies like yourselves that local foods have been relegated to the snooty people. It's almost impossible to believe that local foods used to be the norm, and how things were done, yet today it's now basically considered gourmet. Incidentally, making your own cheese isn't hard, but busy soccer moms have better uses for their time. Fortunately all that money saved buying processed garbage goes a long ways towards one of those high-dollar salon hairstyles and those gold-baubled shades I see the soccer moms wearing while they style in their Cowhoes and Yuckons and Subhuman SUVs.

GardenMomma 3 years, 2 months ago

You can freeze cheese? How long does it last? And does it work for bags of shredded cheese or just blocks of cheese? Doesn't it get all mushy when it thaws? I assume you thaw it in the refrigerator?

GardenMomma 3 years, 2 months ago

laurastacy 3 years, 2 months ago

Most of the coupons don't even work unless you use good websites some of them Printapons retail me not etc, so do some research before you buy anything!

SuperJenn 3 years, 2 months ago

For one reason or another the Target link is hit or miss this morning. If you click on it and get a blank screen, refreshing should solve your problem!