LJWorld.com weblogs Shop Talk with Jenn and Julie

Walgreen's Jumbo Pack Diapers $2.50/each

This week at Walgreen's they have a BOGO sale on their store brand diapers. Good...but it gets better: There is a Walgreen's Infant Care Pamphlet out now with several different coupons in it. This includes a $2/1 W Brand diapers coupon. Use this with the BOGO sale and you will get the Jumbo pack diapers for $2.50 each.

Walgreen's store coupons work slightly differently than manufacturer's coupons. When you check out, you show the cashier the coupon, they scan it, and it automatically deducts the coupon dollar amount from the number of that item you purchased, you do not need one coupon per item and normally the coupon is not taken by the cashier. This is the way the coupons work in their weekly fliers, their monthly savings booklets and special publications like this one.

Work the deal this way:

Buy 2 packages of Jumbo W brand Diapers at $8.99/each

BOGO Sale applies = $4.50/each

Use $2/1 Coupon = $2.50/each Even though one of the packages will be "free" the coupon will still be applied.

Now the trick: Finding the Infant Care Pamphlet. I visited both Walgreen's and while the manager at the 6th and Kasold Walgreen's was unable to find it there, but the Assistant Manager at 23rd and Louisiana was more successful. He found them and placed them at the Pharmacy Counter.

I have always been leery of store brand diapers, I generally don't think they do a very good job. I tried the W brand diapers a couple of years ago and I was really pleased with 1)How soft they were, very much like name brand diapers and 2) How well they held up to well... everything. This is an amazing deal on a very good diaper...if you buy disposable diapers you will definitely want to check out this sale!

Comments

cwcoup 3 years, 10 months ago

Thanks for the heads up Jenn about where to find the coupon! Saves me time running around to all of the walgreens! Just so you know they have changed their diapers and I have heard from some people that the quality has gone down.

SuperJenn 3 years, 10 months ago

Hey, anything I can do to make your life easier ;)

Sorry to hear that about the quality. It has been a while since I've used them. Go figure. Still.... $2.50/pack!

Katara 3 years, 10 months ago

These diapers would be excellent donations to Ballard Center or to any of the groups that assist teen moms.

cwcoup 3 years, 10 months ago

My thoughts exactlly.... For 2.50 I will use them!

John Spencer 3 years, 10 months ago

How many Diapers are in the jumbo pack? There are not any 'walgreen jumbo' showing up on the walgreen website.

madman 3 years, 10 months ago

I got some today. Size 3 had 36 (same as Huggies size 3).

sr80 3 years, 10 months ago

problem is they come from china and you don't know what their made of!!!!!

sr80 3 years, 10 months ago

go buy your bag of diapers!!! i'll be a fool if i want to be, which isn't a far reach.

Katara 3 years, 10 months ago

I have no idea how long the sale lasts on this deal but Hy-Vee on 6th has their Ziploc easy zip storage and freezer bags on sale for $.79/box. They have both quart & gallon sizes.

There are $1/2box coupons from the 1/9/11 Smart Source & also in today's (2/13/11) Smart Source insert. This makes them $.29/box.

sr80 3 years, 10 months ago

don't you think babies will look funny wearing ziploc bags for diapers????

think_about_it 3 years, 10 months ago

sounds like bozo and jafs should stockup!

Jean1183 3 years, 10 months ago

Katara....what is Smart Source and how do I get it? Thanks.

Katara 3 years, 10 months ago

It is one of the coupon inserts you get in the Sunday paper. It will have Smart Source across the top. The other one that is usually there is called Red Plum.

You can also go to smartsource.com and print out coupons from there. I haven't checked to see if they have the Ziplock coupons on it. They don't necessarily have the same coupons as the Sunday paper.

somedude20 3 years, 10 months ago

Let me know when the Astronaut Diapers go on sale as I can use them to drive across the country to talk to my lover's lover