LJWorld.com weblogs Shop Talk with Jenn and Julie

What are you baking up for the holidays?

So I  feel like I finally have the house decorated.  Now I can focus on my holiday baking.

In Sunday's ads, I saw some baking supplies on sale.  I have the same cookie menu every year.  I shared my husband's grandmother's butter cookie recipe last year.  Not only are they delicious, but they are a sentimental favorite.

So in honor of Grandma Rose's upcoming birthday, I am going to share again her wonderful butter cookie recipe.

I would love for any of you to share your family favorites.  I am always looking for new cookies to add to my annual baking marathon.

Butter Cookies

1 lb. butter

1 ¼ cup sugar

5 ¼ cup flour

1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. baking powder

2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, flour, baking soda and baking powder a little bit at a time.  Beat until all is incorporated.  Do not over beat.   Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 8 to10 minutes.   These cookies just melt in your mouth.

Comments

tange 2 years, 4 months ago

There will be another song for me for I will sing it There will be another dream for me someone will bring it I will drink the wine while it is warm and never let you catch me looking at the sun....

Silly_me 2 years, 4 months ago

I'm the pie man in the family. I'll be making pecan pie and white Christmas pie. I'll also be doing a batch or two of cocoa cookies..which are a mixture of cocoa, milk, sugar and butter, brought to a slow boil and then coconut and oats mixed in and dropped on a tray to cool...addictive as crack.

countrygirl 2 years, 4 months ago

I made mint chocolate chip bar cookies this morning. Still need to make cinnamon candy and sugar cookies.

pace 2 years, 4 months ago

Linzertort cookies, linzeraugen cookies, chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies, oatmeal ginger cookies, Quail encrout, stuffed quail in puffed pastry (thanks to Checkers carrying quail). Challah, Cranberry/orange scones Apple Cake, Rhubarb pie, Cherry pie, Apple pie Cheese straws, Of course I would do more but there is only two of us.

tange 2 years, 4 months ago

... hmm... can't seem to find the recipe....

rockchalker52 2 years, 4 months ago

I don't think that I can take it..,

tange 2 years, 4 months ago

This holiday season, I'll be rebaking all my cakes from scratch.

(Someone left the last one out in the rain.)