LJWorld.com weblogs Shop Talk with Jenn and Julie

Snow, snow go away, bring some spring right away

It’s hard to believe that spring is upon us when I am sitting here watching it snow. I’m looking through the Journal-World ads and seeing all the spring and Easter items and somehow cannot manage to feel the change of season.

As I look through the Kohl’s ad and see all the lovely warm weather clothing, it’s hard to imagine wearing shorts and sandals, while I’m still bundled in a turtleneck and scarf. But I guess the reality is that March 20 marks the first day of Spring, and while I love my sweaters and scarves, it’s time to start putting those items away and let spring fever take over.

Kohl’s is having a three-day Easter sale March 21-March 23. I haven’t seen the Lauren Conrad line yet, and it may be a good time to check it out since it’s 30%-40% off. Kohl’s is advertising 30%-50% off dresses, skirts and pants. Shoes and sandals are also 20%-50% off. I’m starting to feel it . . .

Men’s swimwear and shorts listed at 30%-40% off, along with golf shirts and sport shirts. They are also having the men’s semi-annual wardrobe sale – shirts, separates, sport coats at 40% off.

The Easter and spring table linens and decorative items are definitely helping me get in the spirit. (Reminder: Just don’t look out the window at the snow; stay focused on spring.)

And don't forget, charge customers may still have their 15% coupons that came in the mail -- one is good through March 21 and the other is good through March 23.

Also in today’s ads is the Payless ShoeSource Easter sale. Great styles at reasonable prices starting at $12.99. Love it!!!

Target has some great spring clothing deals as well. There are three-quarter sleeve cardigans for $14.99 in a wide variety of colors. Check out the skirts and shorts for $14.99 as well; short sleeve shirts for $12.99. Kids clothing also on sale — $4 boys and girls T-shirts, $8-$10 shorts, $5 graphic tees. You get the picture.

I just looked away from my laptop at the large expanse of window in front of me — more snow . . . maybe a bundle of daffodils will help remind me of what’s to come . . . and the forecast for the week ahead tells me spring is definitely coming.

Comments

lounger 5 years, 1 month ago

Its no wonder box stores are taking over Larrytown. I dont see ONE local store in this article. Not one.

kernal 5 years, 1 month ago

It's all about the coupons with these, too. It's easy

thadrosen 5 years, 1 month ago

please add an advertising disclaimer on these posts.

impska 5 years, 1 month ago

If you know of any great local sales, you should post them in the comments section or, if you want them included in the blog, email Jenn and Julie. Bear in mind though, that this blog is about sales that offer great deals over regular prices, so don't expect them to post a list of your favorite local stores (although they did try once, and no one cared enough to let them know what those were). Nevertheless, you can post a list of your favorite local stores in the comments section.

By the way - if you sign up for Ace Hardware's email, they frequently send great coupons. Same with Michaels, which sends coupons that are often better or can be used in addition to the ones in their flier. Also, never go to Bath and Body Works without a coupon - there's always an active one through their email newsletter.

Katara 5 years, 1 month ago

Yay impska! Also thanks for the info about Ace Hardware! I'm heading over to their website now. :)

Jenn had a blog where she requested people send her local deals (either great prices or great service) and very few responded. I know Julie has requested people post local info too. It was too bad because it would have been nice to know about local stores.

I've even offered to do the "legwork" and find coupons to match whatever deal they post for that store to make that local deal better but not a peep from any of them.

I occasionally get Weaver's mailings but they are usually for items I don't use. In fact, I'm not sure how I got on their list.

SuperJenn 5 years, 1 month ago

thadrosen - Im happy to state for you yet again that there is no need for a disclaimer, advertising or otherwise on this blog as neither Julie or I are being in any way compensated by the businesses we write about.

Again, the purpose of this blog is to summize the best deals we see in the newspaper inserts that everyone receives with the LJWorld. We are paid a free lance fee to write about these sales as we see fit by the LJWorld. Because it is free lance we are also able to throw in other good deals we find.

Thanks again and I look forward to this conversation again next month! :)