LJWorld.com weblogs Seen it?
Bill Self's locker room speech after ISU win; Thomas Robinson uninjured following car accident
A few links following Kansas' 61-44 victory over Baylor on Monday night ...
• Pay Heed: Episode 10 was released Monday by KU Athletics, and once again, it provides a look inside the locker room, this time following KU's 97-89 overtime victory over Iowa State on Wednesday.
KU coach Bill Self's postgame talk begins about the four-minute mark, as he tells his team it's one of the best three or four wins he's had in the Fieldhouse in his 10 years coaching there.
"I don't know if you guys realize," Self tells his players in the video, "we were dead. Dead."
• KU Athletics also has started an "AirMcLemore" website to promote freshman guard Ben McLemore.
• Former KU forward Thomas Robinson was involved in a car accident Monday night, according to the Sacramento Bee. Robinson was not injured in the crash.
• The blog Rock Chalk Talk takes a funny look at conclusions we can make about each KU basketball player based on what they are doing in the now-famous Ben McLemore dancing GIF.
• Some highlights from KU's win over Baylor from KU Athletics.
• The Waco Tribune's John Werner started his game story talking about KU's 13 blocks:
With 16,300 fans cramming into Allen Fieldhouse for Monday’s Baylor-Kansas showdown, the ones sitting closest to courtside found themselves in grave danger.
Hard hats and protective vests would have been in order.
The Jayhawks swatted away Baylor shots at an alarming rate, leaving balls flying everywhere.
• ESPN's Jason King talked about Allen Fieldhouse — one of the loudest gyms in college basketball — becoming silent after McLemore's injury.
• FoxSports.com's Sean Keeler was so impressed with KU's defense that he believes it's almost time to start engraving the Big 12 trophy.
This from Keeler's column:
If this is the second best the Big 12 has to offer (and that's up for debate), then it's high time we put a bow on this bad boy, once and for all, and wrap that puppy up tight. Here you go, Bill Self. League Title No. 9. You're going to need a bigger shelf, buddy.
• An interesting stat in C.J. Moore's latest blog post: KU is plus-259 with Jeff Withey on the court this year and only plus-20 when he's on the bench.
• Here's more on Self's Oklahoma Hall of Fame induction from The Oklahoman's Jenni Carlson.
• KU has moved up to a No. 1 seed in Joe Lunardi's Bracketology on ESPN.
• And finally, a picture from our own Nick Krug that might just win an award in the near future. Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss it.