LJWorld.com weblogs Schoolhouse talk

It's Bad Poetry Day - what you got to say?

So, I stumbled upon the the worst poetry in Chicago and it's pretty terrible. The first one is about Oprah and it's hysterical. Turns out today is Bad Poetry Day!

I want your worst poetry. You can email me or just post your worst in the comments. I promise to read them all and post some of my favorite examples of the worst poems you can conjure up. Make your high school poetry teacher cringe.

Here's mine (brace yourself):
Oh, Darnell Jackson
How I love your action
Running up and down the court
You're such a good sport
You started at KU
Oh, the things you would do
Like becoming a national champ
And heading off to the Cavalier's camp
Not only can you ball
Your heart is as big as Fraser Hall
Supporting the Boys and Girls Club
You're never one to snub
So my bad poem is for you
My favorite number, 32
Forever you'll be my favorite big man
To Darnell Jackson, Love your number one fan.

Wow, I even amazed myself on that one. Show me your stuff! Go, bad poetry, go!

Comments

lawthing 4 years, 8 months ago

so many many posters some I admit quite musing and boy the heat turns up when a poster feels their loosing!

LJWorld you give me that added laugh a day If not because of the story then what the posters had to say!

Yea I keep cum'n back You got me on your hook the stories and the posters make me take that second look!

Multidisciplinary 4 years, 8 months ago

I wake up all to often and have to leave the bed. I'd much prefer to lie there and rest my weary head.

I come to this recliner not wanting to partake of any more bombardments the Internet can make.

Bad feet will not consider a trip to the TV, to change another movie and I really need to pee.

So once again you'll find me sitting where you read me last, at least I have not sat so long my skin is sticking fast.

That WOULD be just the ending, for you to read about my fate, "What happened to Old Multi... haven't heard from her of late?"

They found her where she always was, her mouse in hand, eyes crusted. The URL read by the cop "One millionth comment posted"

• Multi Aug 18th 2009

Marion Lynn 4 years, 8 months ago

The Chad Mitchell Trio wrote in 1964:

"We've licked pneumonia and TB

And plagues that used to mock us

We've got the onus on the Sun

The small pox cannot pock us

We found the antibodies for the staphylostreptococcus

But oh the universal curse

From Vietnam to Korea

The bug of bugs that bugs us still

And begs for panacea

Oh, who will find the antidote for.........

Pentagonorrhea?"

schula 4 years, 8 months ago

You guys write good "bad poetry"! Thanks for all the laughs!

jonas_opines 4 years, 8 months ago

Sarah Palin Sarah Palin Oh and Michael Vick Michael Jackson dies Bob Novak gets the stick

Wild dogs in Georgia Pregnant moms and SUVs Al Gore's carbon footprint Don't cut down the trees

Anger over taxes Anger over wealth Anger over anything That has to do with health

Another day on ljworld Fishing for debris Can't get this kind of comedy Anywhere on TV

walkingonwater 4 years, 8 months ago

Will sex be great when I'm 98?

It might be, but I won't participate.

Nipsey Russell, 1978

zettapixel 4 years, 8 months ago

"Please Flush Only Poop, Pee, and T.P."

A sign put up in the bathroom after someone clogged up our toilet.

consumer1 4 years, 8 months ago

Heaven help me if you can I lost my virginity to a man

He was ugly quite a fright so I waited til near midnight

He kissed my lips and said goodbye while his nose poked in my eye

I shouted out with agony as his car key scratched my knee.

He lept to his feet and comenced to runnin cause he thought my pa was gunnin.

He hit the door in seconds flat and left my laying there, ...that dirty rat.

con1

Leslie Swearingen 4 years, 8 months ago

I like football, I like tee, I like coffee, Don't like tea. I like Colt 45, In the bottle, Or in the can, I will take it, Any way I can.

Well, it rhymes. Yours is much better, Roe!

RoeDapple 4 years, 8 months ago

To help this old heart, Keep on tickin'

I quit goin' To KF Chicken.

Smokin' Cigs, I must agree,

Soon would be the, Demise of me.

I've given up Most of my vice,

Cause after all, You don't live twice!

• -RoeDapple - - -

Steve Bunch 4 years, 8 months ago

The Sunday poetry showcase in the arts and entertainment section of the paper usually provides a sample of bad verse. I guess you could say that in Lawrence every Sunday is Bad Poetry Day.