LJWorld.com weblogs Ronaldo's World

OTS Replacement - How do you handle your anxiety while watching KU sports on TV?

How do you handle your anxiety while watching KU sports on TV?

I actually talk to the players through the TV.— Carmen Hocking, ?, ?

dead_flower1.jpg

dead_flower1.jpg

Wish for warm weather. - Dead Flower, Floral Model, Lawrence

kokopelle.jpg

kokopelle.jpg

Play my flute and dance. - Kokopelle, Fertility Deity, Lawrence

rock1.jpg

rock1.jpg

Just kind of sit there, or get sat on. - Rock, Rock, Lawrence

Comments

pace 5 years ago

I recall my outrage when after ku lost a woman in a court proceeding interrupted with a request for a moment of silence because ku lost. The last time I had a moment of silence it was for the death of a dear friend. I pray we as a nation get over our love of "sports" and do cross word puzzles and garden.

The_Original_Bob 5 years ago

" I don't click every link on the site every day."

I would have assumed the OTS question is a must read for you. :)

Jonathan Kealing 5 years ago

I fixed the On the Street. Sorry about that guys. Someone should send me an e-mail if that happens again. I don't click every link on the site every day.

Multidisciplinary 5 years ago

I think they figured you had it covered!

Hey, Jonathan put up a snow poll! (Or sun poll depending on your guess)

beatrice 5 years ago

I whisper my anxieties into a small balloon, then I fill the balloon with helium and then let the balloon, along with my anxieties, float away as I chant, "Be gone anxiety - go KU! Be gone anxiety - go KU!"

Of course, if the folks at the local sports bar object to my lugging a helium tank in with me tonight, I could just curse loudly at the officials through the tv set. That often helps too.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years ago

I guess they gave up any effort of making the real OTS page work. Maybe the person who does it took a snow day.

Ceallach 5 years ago

The only time I even TRY to manage my stress while watching the Hawks is when I'm at work catching the game on the computer (administrators generally frown on such actions in the office). But, if it ain't 8 to 12 -- 1 to 5, M-F, then anything goes! Screaming, clapping, talking to players in the same manner I encouraged my children when they were in sports . . . take your time, you can do it, slow down . . . . WHAT is WRONG with you!! And of course I do all this wearing hawk emblazoned clothing.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk Kaaaa Uuuuu!

Multidisciplinary 5 years ago

This is falling down on the list, so I'll add one to keep it visible. I wrote a new blog, about a UK law on paying for playing the radio.And horses. http://www2.ljworld.com/weblogs/multidisciplinary/2009/mar/27/pay-to-play-the-radio/

RoeDapple 5 years ago

ANXIETY ! ! ANXIETY ! !

(Must go to bunker, safe there....)

(No sports, no stressful questions.......)

No beer. okay I'm back...

autie 5 years ago

Dead Flower, hang in there babe. It ain't over yet. You don't looks so bad.

Multidisciplinary 5 years ago

This would happen at my house. Evidence cat's know Murphys Law. You can think of this while you take your commercial breaks tonight. Stress reducer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCz8Cd07duE&feature=player_embedded

Chris Ogle 5 years ago

Hey jay-- had some friends over last week. We were imbiding like Bob suggested, while watching the game. Dish was great, but didn't like the commentary, so we turned on the radio....... It was half time before we realized the 4 second delay between Dish and Radio, . That is kinda like DVR isn't it?

jaywalker 5 years ago

I've got Dish TV with the built-in DVR. I'm able to remove most of the angst by watching it on taped delay which serves two purposes: fast forward through commmercials and if we're playing so ugly that I feel forced to do what jonas does, I can fast forward to the 'good parts'. It is cheating, but it keeps my heart rate down.

woodenfleaeater 5 years ago

Let's just say my dog's sides really hurt when things aren't going too well. But if they are going well, his head hurts. I throw him in the air out of enjoyment, and he hits his head on the ceiling. So, either way, it's bad for him.

mom_of_three 5 years ago

I cheer the players, clap, and yell at the refs. I would do the same thing if I was watching the game in person. I also jump up and down, pace, and encourage the players by name.
I was in the Fieldhouse last April watching the final four game and the national championship and there were 6000 people doing the same thing with me.
My mother makes fun of me when I watch KU games, but she does the same thing during chiefs games. At least my Jayhawks win.

Gootsie 5 years ago

Last year I did bicep and tricep curls with 12-pound handweights to burn off the anxiety. But this year, I'm older and wiser. I change the channel briefly, or fall asleep.

Multidisciplinary 5 years ago

Don't miss this. Poon is off the wall funny over here. http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2009/mar...

schula 5 years ago

Thanks, R I!

When the game is close, I pace around my living room.

Chris Ogle 5 years ago

The_Original_Bob (Anonymous) says…

Anxiety? Haven't you all heard of booze?

Ahh... thanks Bob, I feel better now.....

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years ago

Thats one of the OTS respondents from the front page. We have to guess where the question was asked, where the lone respondent is from, and occupation or preoccupation.

jonas_opines 5 years ago

I yell, scream and curse.

The_Original_Bob 5 years ago

Anxiety? Haven't you all heard of booze? One becomes invincible while imbiding. No anxiety.

Hat tip to RI. Who is the model?

autie 5 years ago

And since tonight's game may be a little more challenging than the previous two..I have on the correct Tshirt already and my blue Rock Chalk wrist band. After last night, my brackets are more than officically shot to hell, so that is all out the window. Everything is ready except supper..three big twelve teams to watch next weekend?

autie 5 years ago

trinity, can I come over and watch the game with you? I gotta see that.

Multidisciplinary 5 years ago

lol. I thought that was what fingernails were for. I have no anxiety when watching sports. Or at least that's what I thought until last year when Collins threw that 3 pointer and I screamed. Guessing there was more bottled up than I thought. ;)

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years ago

autie, your welcome. I figure it's not much different than hopping on a forklift and getting what I need at HomeDepot.

autie 5 years ago

Hey, thanks R_I. Maybe the next OTS should be,"how do you handle the anxiety of the OTS page not being available on Friday mornings?"

I stand in the middle of the living room and talk/yell at the TV. Plus we have NFL penalty flags to throw at each other after bad calls...hey, it helps. And the old standby...good ship Cutty Sark.

alm77 5 years ago

By watching the time, checking the score and doing the math in my head to see if I think there is any possibility they could catch up.

couranna1 5 years ago

I usually get worked up My daughters hear me say KU hoops is on and they start laughing and say oh no here he goes again

Chris Ogle 5 years ago

How do you handle your anxiety ??

I don't

grammaddy 5 years ago

By throwing popcorn at the TV when things aren't going well for the Jayhawks. Rock Chalk!!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 5 years ago

The normal way, eating snacks and drinking liquid carbohydrates