LJWorld.com weblogs Ronaldo's World

OTS Replacement - How do you handle your anxiety while watching KU sports on TV?

How do you handle your anxiety while watching KU sports on TV?

I actually talk to the players through the TV.— Carmen Hocking, ?, ?

Wish for warm weather. - Dead Flower, Floral Model, Lawrence

Play my flute and dance. - Kokopelle, Fertility Deity, Lawrence

Just kind of sit there, or get sat on. - Rock, Rock, Lawrence

Comments

grammaddy 5 years, 9 months ago

By throwing popcorn at the TV when things aren't going well for the Jayhawks. Rock Chalk!!

Chris Ogle 5 years, 9 months ago

How do you handle your anxiety ??

I don't

alm77 5 years, 9 months ago

By watching the time, checking the score and doing the math in my head to see if I think there is any possibility they could catch up.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 9 months ago

The_Original_Bob (Anonymous) says…

Anxiety? Haven't you all heard of booze?

Ahh... thanks Bob, I feel better now.....

schula 5 years, 9 months ago

Thanks, R I!

When the game is close, I pace around my living room.

Linda Aikins 5 years, 9 months ago

Last year I did bicep and tricep curls with 12-pound handweights to burn off the anxiety. But this year, I'm older and wiser. I change the channel briefly, or fall asleep.

mom_of_three 5 years, 9 months ago

I cheer the players, clap, and yell at the refs. I would do the same thing if I was watching the game in person. I also jump up and down, pace, and encourage the players by name.
I was in the Fieldhouse last April watching the final four game and the national championship and there were 6000 people doing the same thing with me.
My mother makes fun of me when I watch KU games, but she does the same thing during chiefs games. At least my Jayhawks win.

woodenfleaeater 5 years, 9 months ago

Let's just say my dog's sides really hurt when things aren't going too well. But if they are going well, his head hurts. I throw him in the air out of enjoyment, and he hits his head on the ceiling. So, either way, it's bad for him.

jaywalker 5 years, 9 months ago

I've got Dish TV with the built-in DVR. I'm able to remove most of the angst by watching it on taped delay which serves two purposes: fast forward through commmercials and if we're playing so ugly that I feel forced to do what jonas does, I can fast forward to the 'good parts'. It is cheating, but it keeps my heart rate down.

Chris Ogle 5 years, 9 months ago

Hey jay-- had some friends over last week. We were imbiding like Bob suggested, while watching the game. Dish was great, but didn't like the commentary, so we turned on the radio....... It was half time before we realized the 4 second delay between Dish and Radio, . That is kinda like DVR isn't it?

RoeDapple 5 years, 9 months ago

ANXIETY ! ! ANXIETY ! !

(Must go to bunker, safe there....)

(No sports, no stressful questions.......)

No beer. okay I'm back...

Ceallach 5 years, 9 months ago

The only time I even TRY to manage my stress while watching the Hawks is when I'm at work catching the game on the computer (administrators generally frown on such actions in the office). But, if it ain't 8 to 12 -- 1 to 5, M-F, then anything goes! Screaming, clapping, talking to players in the same manner I encouraged my children when they were in sports . . . take your time, you can do it, slow down . . . . WHAT is WRONG with you!! And of course I do all this wearing hawk emblazoned clothing.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk Kaaaa Uuuuu!

beatrice 5 years, 9 months ago

I whisper my anxieties into a small balloon, then I fill the balloon with helium and then let the balloon, along with my anxieties, float away as I chant, "Be gone anxiety - go KU! Be gone anxiety - go KU!"

Of course, if the folks at the local sports bar object to my lugging a helium tank in with me tonight, I could just curse loudly at the officials through the tv set. That often helps too.

Jonathan Kealing 5 years, 9 months ago

I fixed the On the Street. Sorry about that guys. Someone should send me an e-mail if that happens again. I don't click every link on the site every day.

pace 5 years, 9 months ago

I recall my outrage when after ku lost a woman in a court proceeding interrupted with a request for a moment of silence because ku lost. The last time I had a moment of silence it was for the death of a dear friend. I pray we as a nation get over our love of "sports" and do cross word puzzles and garden.