LJWorld.com weblogs Operation 100 News blog

November 19th Early Morning Law Enforcement & Fire/Medical wrap up

Another fairly normal early morning in Douglas County.

Lawrence Police responded on several noise complaints, conducted a few vehicle stops, and responded on several disturbances.

None of the activity, that I heard, this morning involved the use of weapons or resulted in any serious injuries.

The activity blogged here is only a sampling of some of the things that Douglas County Law Enforcement and Lawrence-Douglas County Fire & Medical respond on. To see a complete list of Lawrence Police activity, the department has that available on their website along with several easy to use maps that show approximate locations for Police activity.

Some of the activity blogged above was reported as it was unfolding by Operation 100 News. Learn how to receive breaking news updates here.

My listening hours as well as contact information is located on my Facebook page. Don't forget to give me a "Like" while you are there.

Comments

sittinthefence 2 years, 5 months ago

It's a blog Perses. No more, no less. Don't like it? Don't read it.

Mike Frizzell 2 years, 5 months ago

I cut back my listening hours in September. My current listening hours are in the link at the bottom of each blog entry.

F3ms23 2 years, 5 months ago

Ok.....Since noboby on LJworld likes to post anything..... Last night the reason why there were alot of firefighters and ems and a helicopter was because there was a Stabbing that hat occured. the patient belived to have critical injury and was life-fighted to KU Med,....Also last night between 11pm to 12am there was a rollover accident in the county at Hwy 59 and N 1250 just to the east of there.... 7 patients all ok i think one or two got transported but nothing major.

Jamea CallsHim 2 years, 5 months ago

There were also two fire trucks and I'm sure more near centennial park around the same time the helicopter was in the pizza shuttle parking lot. Maybe these were in the blog because they happened earlier in the night?? I stink that LJWorld should let us know what happened??? They post stuff that happens on K-10 almost as soon as it happens, sometimes even as breaking news. But what about the stuff that actually happend within city limits? I have seen plenty of things going on around town and I go home and get on the website to see what was going on and....nothing.

dcap 2 years, 5 months ago

I don't know why this article still gets put posted. Last night a helicopter landed in the parking lot behind Pizza Shuttle! There were a lot of EMS and Fire Fighters, but they didn't do anything. I'm not sure what happened, but there were 4 or 5 police that seemed to handle the situation. Wish I could find out what happened...

droppinplates 2 years, 5 months ago

I think you must have been asleep at the wheel last night. There was a lot more going on in Lawrence than just noise complaints and vehicle stops. What's the point in blogging about normal things that happen in every city , every single day? I heard sirens nonstop around midnight and later. What about the rollover accident involving several children? I came here to find out what happened and you say it was a normal night?